PM eager for home internationals

Kev
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7107705.stm

Prime Minister Gordon Brown says he would welcome the revival of home internationals to ease the pain of Euro 2008 misery for the four home nations.

England's defeat by Croatia, following the failures of Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales triggered calls for the sides to face each other in 2008.

"I would certainly enjoy that. I've got great memories from the 1960s and 70s," said the prime minister.

SFA chief executive Gordon Smith has said he is in favour of the move.

It is the first time since 1994 that no home nations have qualified for a major tournament.

IT WOULD BE PRETTY GOOD IF WE ALL PLAYED EACHOTHER LIKE...

I'd have brought back the Home Internationals ages ago.

Gordon Brown is still a prick.

Me too. Meaningless friendlies throughout the year or proper games with a bit of an edge? No contest tbh.  blueyes.gif

Guest sicko2ndbest

Steven Gerrards response when asked about hme internationals:

'Well you know, after a long hard season its important we have a long well earned rest. The Euros would have stopped us having that break, but fortunately i can now book my holiday to Hawaii, with a stop over at my Villa in Barbado before spending a couple of days in Dubai with Michael playing golf'

Reporter: 'So your not in favour then Steven'

SG: 'Well you know me, Frank and Joe were discussing this the other day, and we were of the opinion that the rest is vital if we are to return to our clubs fresh'

Reporter: 'What about the fans'

SG: 'Well you know, They will be delighted if i start the season like a house on fire'

Reporter: 'I was talking about the England fans'

SG:' Oh sorry, its up to the FA what they decide, i'm not here to speculate on England matters'

Guest NUFCGator

Return of the home championships! Just watched a classic match from '79 between England and Scotland, battle of the future Newcastle managers with Keegan and Souness. With that in mind it'd be great to bring this back.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7107705.stm

Prime Minister Gordon Brown says he would welcome the revival of home internationals to ease the pain of Euro 2008 misery for the four home nations.

England's defeat by Croatia, following the failures of Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales triggered calls for the sides to face each other in 2008.

"I would certainly enjoy that. I've got great memories from the 1960s and 70s," said the prime minister.

SFA chief executive Gordon Smith has said he is in favour of the move.

It is the first time since 1994 that no home nations have qualified for a major tournament.

IT WOULD BE PRETTY GOOD IF WE ALL PLAYED EACHOTHER LIKE...

like half his parliament, he should bugger off home.

As a money making exercise, it may stand a good chance of coming back, we know how the FA have to pay all these bills, not least of which is the price of the new Wembley, having sold its soul for the next 100 years to the corporate box holder, tourists who bracket it alongside a visit to Alton Towers and japs for their photo collection.

Wait until they see all the drunken jocks.