Newcastle United 0 vs Liverpool 3 - 24/11/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

James

Guest justin99.

I don't think I've disliked a manager this much EVER!!!

Souness still holds that record for me.

atleast he is better to look at and listen to.

Absolute rubbish performance. That was as bad as any performance we saw under Roeder, if not worse.

Sam Allardyce is clearly a fraud. He came with the billing of being a tactical master and a man who was defensively mainded and would reinforce our leaky backline. Instead we have a man who encourages a defensive mentality in a team that can't defend.

0 shots on target is completely unacceptable.

Getting beaten 1-5 at home to Birmingham still beats it, for me. Just.

Guest kingdawson

I know im probably going to get stick for this but that was one of the worst performances ive ever seen from a team (and i support spurs ffs). Pool had about 6 one on one situations where on another day they would have scored. The fact that it finished 3-0 was the biggest shock of the day tbh.

Taking off N'zogbia for Milner was a stupid decision (Butt or Geremi should have gone) and Alan Smith is a useless waste of space and a nasty piece of work (though he was one of your better players today imo).

Oh and Emre shouldnt have been taken off at all.

Absolute rubbish performance. That was as bad as any performance we saw under Roeder, if not worse.

Sam Allardyce is clearly a fraud. He came with the billing of being a tactical master and a man who was defensively mainded and would reinforce our leaky backline. Instead we have a man who encourages a defensive mentality in a team that can't defend.

i still have nightmares about that  :kasper:

We seem to have little fight with a midfield that just seems to stand off and lolop back and forward with little purporse.

f****** s**** but i don't see how sacking Allardyce will help, who the f*** is going to replace him?

Jose Mourinho ?

Wishful thinking.

When you can't defend, you can usually hide it up with attacking - ala Robson and Keegan. But not only can we not defend, we can't attack either.

What is the point of having 5 players in midfield if you are just gonna by-pass them straight up to Viduka and Martins?

Absolutely ridiculous. Geremi had no idea where he was playing half the time, kept looking for some form of guidance.

Allardyce, tactical genius? fuck off!

Guest elbee909

I don't think I've disliked a manager this much EVER!!!

Souness still holds that record for me.

atleast he is better to look at and listen to.

Nope. 

Better to look at?  I don't really want my managers to be easy on the eye... strange priorities some people have.

We have to stick with allardyce though, he tried to play as defensive as he could and tried to keep it tight and scrappy, it backfired again in his face and he had no clues to turn things round.

Do we?

I would say for now, yes we do. If we dont give him the season were going to look like the revolving door of managers like we always have done, lessening the limited appeal the job already has.

TBH England could do us a massive favour, but i doubt they'd go for him after his performance so far at NUFC.

Cool. That "Do we?" wasn't my own personal judgment on the matter, was just wondering what people thought. I hastily said "Sam out" earlier in this thread but I know it's not anywhere near as simple as that.

What do you think then? It is tough, other factors are tied up in this for a change, its not like a simple sacking like Souness, although if the board wanted, the excuse could be it wasn't their man. Going to cost about £6m though to sack him, then probably the same again to get a decent manager in. I'd rather he received that money in the window to buy some more players, and let him see out the season.

I don't even have a clear opinion on the matter anymore, like i said before, i really am not trying to naturally react in a bad way about this, but my opinion all season is it hasn't been good enough, this has just confirmed to everyone it hasn't been and i don't want to lead the stupidity pack by calling for his head right now.

I don't know what to think really. I can't help but think it's far too early to get rid of him and that he deserves the January window at least but then again I don't know what he can personally do to stop the rot. He's shown tactically he's completely inept and I can't see him suddenly changing his ways.

When you can't defend, you can usually hide it up with attacking - ala Robson and Keegan. But not only can we not defend, we can't attack either.

What is the point of having 5 players in midfield if you are just gonna by-pass them straight up to Viduka and Martins?

Absolutely ridiculous. Geremi had no idea where he was playing half the time, kept looking for some form of guidance.

Allardyce, tactical genius? fuck off!

To be fair, the three defenders were probably our best players over the 90.

We seem to have little fight with a midfield that just seems to stand off and lolop back and forward with little purporse.

I'm burying my head in the sand these days, unfortunately, there is simply too much wrong to even begin analysing it.

Allardyce, tactical genius? f*** off!

The scoreline begs to differ. Beye was the only defensive stand-out for me.

I'm caught up in two mind sets at the moment.

On the one hand, i was happy with the appointment of Sam and content with the seasons performances so far (up until portsmouth). I was pleased with the changes he made throughout the club in the summer and the solid style he was trying to implement.

However now half of my brain is saying that the last few performances have been something that you would expect from the likes of Souness and Roeder. Mishaped formations, poor motivation and woeful substitutions. This has really got me wondering whether he is capable.

The question is should we stick by him? Personally, i don't see much other choice at the moment. Unless we believe we are going to convince Mourinho, Capello etc to join then it would be a waste of time sacking him. We would be simple firing and hireing like we have done so many times in the past. What i would like to see is the hierarchy at Newcastle to come out and say Sam is the manager for the foreseeable future, this would take pressure off and allow Sam and the players to perform. However, all this wouldn't be needed if Sam picked a simple side and stuck to it.

I'm burying my head in the sand these days, unfortunately, there is simply too much wrong to even begin analysing it.

I need a drink.

Is BSA an idiot?? when is he going to understand that Smith doesn't work as a midfielder? he's suppose to be a "tackler", but he's to late in so many situations, and doesn't bring anything else to the table!

Beye was ok today, and better than he has been on the RB. Roz on the other end is awful 1-on-1. it gets dangerous every time he gets in those situations.

If we continue to play as we do these days, with long balls from the defence, we have to have movement around Viduka from our central three. THEY ARE SO FU**ING LAZY!!! Butt does a good job as usual, but Emre and Smith allmost never follows up the long balls. Had hoped for Barton to be more active, but he just walks around there, kicking around "searching" balls with no address at all. he couldn't complete a singel long ball! when he tries to dribble, he's way to slow. To slow is Emre as well. People here on this forum are demanding him as the solution to our problems, but he's so slow on the dribble and gets picked up every time! He may be the most creative of our midfielders (and that kinda says it all), but we so badly need new players in midfield in january!!

in january I want Arshavin, Anelka, an AM and a CB. I know this is probably never gonna happen, but its the price we have to pay for the lousy summer signings, with only Enrique being close to living up to the expectations. 6mill for Smith is a joke to everyone, and when we know we could have got Elano in stead, it just makes it alot worse.

I know im probably going to get stick for this but that was one of the worst performances ive ever seen from a team (and i support spurs ffs). Pool had about 6 one on one situations where on another day they would have scored. The fact that it finished 3-0 was the biggest shock of the day tbh.

Taking off N'zogbia for Milner was a stupid decision (Butt or Geremi should have gone) and Alan Smith is a useless waste of space and a nasty piece of work (though he was one of your better players today imo).

Oh and Emre shouldnt have been taken off at all.

Zoggs was having a shit game absolutely atrocious his passing was shit! constantly loosing possession he had to come off, don't understand why he took of Emre that was a stupid decision. 

We have to stick with allardyce though, he tried to play as defensive as he could and tried to keep it tight and scrappy, it backfired again in his face and he had no clues to turn things round.

Do we?

I would say for now, yes we do. If we dont give him the season were going to look like the revolving door of managers like we always have done, lessening the limited appeal the job already has.

TBH England could do us a massive favour, but i doubt they'd go for him after his performance so far at NUFC.

Cool. That "Do we?" wasn't my own personal judgment on the matter, was just wondering what people thought. I hastily said "Sam out" earlier in this thread but I know it's not anywhere near as simple as that.

What do you think then? It is tough, other factors are tied up in this for a change, its not like a simple sacking like Souness, although if the board wanted, the excuse could be it wasn't their man. Going to cost about £6m though to sack him, then probably the same again to get a decent manager in. I'd rather he received that money in the window to buy some more players, and let him see out the season.

I don't even have a clear opinion on the matter anymore, like i said before, i really am not trying to naturally react in a bad way about this, but my opinion all season is it hasn't been good enough, this has just confirmed to everyone it hasn't been and i don't want to lead the stupidity pack by calling for his head right now.

I don't know what to think really. I can't help but think it's far too early to get rid of him and that he deserves the January window at least but then again I don't know what he can personally do to stop the rot. He's shown tactically he's completely inept and I can't see him suddenly changing his ways.

He may possibly have the right tactics, just the wrong players, and thats the only hope i can give him but in that he really should be playing with what he's got.

I think it was HTT who said we needed to go with his ideas and stick with them, or this season would be a waste of time trying to change it again, but i didn't agree, and i am unfortunately being proved right. Its a results business, and what we need to do is to get up there by whatever means necessary, if that means playing 442 with the sqaud we've got and fixing it short term, then thats what you have to do, if not, you find yourself in the position SA find himself today, very fuking sticky.

Guest kingdawson

That Rozenhal guy was shite though.

The scoreline begs to differ. Beye was the only defensive stand-out for me.

Thought Rozey was poor, tbh.