It's absolutely crucial we stick by Sam during this period.

Parky

I'll lay my cards on the table I've had doubts about the big man since the Derby and Reading defeats, however I wasn't surprised by the Pompey defeat and yes I am daunted by the poor Liverpool performance.....But so what?!

Football isn't a precise science witness the travails at Spurs and the ejection of Mourinho perhaps one of the greatest coaches in the world.

What we need to foucs on is that SA is a manager who can get things right and has done at Bolton turning them into permanent PL fixtures.

I have an inkling that the takeover of the club hasn't helped SA at all in the short term...Expectations trebled and he wasn't given a huge pile of money to spend. MA and Mort to a lesser degree decided to stablise the finances rather than take on a big spend on the pitch...For whatever reason behind the scenes or whatever the availability of players a relatively small amount of money was spent on an already rickety squad. It can be argued they haven't made up their mind about SA yet and of course this will have communicated itself to SA as it does when you work with people day in day out.

Also over the last week we're beginning to see the now familiar 'leaks' to the papers about senior players not being happy with training and whatnot...Well it is rumoured Owen and maybe Given don't get along with SA but they are doing the club and the support a huge diservice if they are whispering to the papers. If the players think they can escape criticism by deflecting it onto the man under pressure whatever case they may have it is cowardly and beyond contempt. Some of them just haven't been good enough this season.

SA isn't a tactical genius but he has proven that he knows what works on the pitch and what doesn't and in time he will prove this. He was brought in by FS to stabalise the club when we were in financial stress but suddenly finds himself at the heart of unrealistic expectations unmatched by realistic spend.

We need to get through this tough period and try and measure our criticism...Of course there have been blunders on the pitch and as others have said Villa and Everton under new managers went through similar barren spells but they respective managers got through it and were supported through it and the rewards came later.

I for one will wait to see what happens during the Jan window, but I'd like to see Mort and Ashley step upto the plate.

SA's tactics have been very very wrong this season, how can you say he's "proven" he knows what to do?? Its not as if he has proven it in a different league, and needs time to adjust. His tactics have been terrible most of this season so far.

He has spent a fair bit of money. Regardless of what he has recouped, he has shelled out a lot of money, and the players he has brought in have not, in the main, been any good - including the ones with Premiership experience, who should have needed fuck all time ot get used to the league.

His player selection and formations have been wrong. Fact.

He seems to be refusing to admit his complicity, talking about having to tell the players a few home truths after the Red Shite game - no mention on if he gave himself a deessing down for the wrong tactics, formation and players.

IT IS AN ACCEPTED FACT THAT WE NEED TO GIVE THE RIGHT MANAGER TIME. I would argue that we should only give time, however, to the correct manager. I don't think it is SA, so the idea of giving him time, and even more money, is not valid to me. Get in the right man, and yes, lets get behind him and give him time. But nothing i've seen from SA in the past or at NUFC leads me to think he's the one for us. Does anyon ereally think he's the one to get us top 5, then top 4 long term, honestly? And if so, based on what??

Harry-Norway,

I know you are Norwegian, but please can you work on your English grammar and punctuation as it is very difficult to understand what you are trying to say, and you are therefore unlikely to receive a serious reply.

Thanks.

Ok.but i think its about the best i can do,but i`ll try to shape up,but there is a lot of word i dont even have the clue of writing,understand,its much easier to speak then writing in english

Harry just rearrange the following words and end them with a full stop and I am sure he will be able to understand what you are trying to say.

Right, off & fuck

Enough is enough.

Even when we have won games we haven't played very well and the 3 points has just papered over the cracks.

He has to go and he has to go now. After Arsenal next week we will have amassed 1 point from 21 which is relegation form and the players don't appear to have the stomach for a relegation scrap.

Houllier or McLeish for me, ASAP.

Enough is enough.

Even when we have won games we haven't played very well and the 3 points has just papered over the cracks.

He has to go and he has to go now. After Arsenal next week we will have amassed 1 point from 21 which is relegation form and the players don't appear to have the stomach for a relegation scrap.

McLeish?

I'm just trying to explain the situation in a nice way that will encourage more effort.

More effort?  That can go both ways though can't it, he's learned a second language and I can read what he's trying to get across perfectly, maybe you need to make more of an effort.

Being deaf, its enough of a daily struggle communicating with people in English thank you, so dont accuse me of lacking effort.

Enough is enough.

McLeish?

Why not?

Can't be any worse than the pig headed buffoon we currently have.

Enough is enough.

McLeish?

Why not?

Can't be any worse than the pig headed buffoon we currently have.

In the long run I'd say he'd be a disaster. Fair enough if you want Allardyce out (I don't) but McLeish? Fucking hell.

Enough is enough.

I wouldn't want McLeish anywhere near this club, he doesn't inspire me at all.

I'm just trying to explain the situation in a nice way that will encourage more effort.

Why not PM him if you're going to be like that?

Because he was trying to score cheap points off a foreign poster. Which would have been worthwhile if his own post was:

(a) funny

(b) necessary

© not in itself gramatically poor.

Being deaf, its enough of a daily struggle communicating with people in English thank you, so dont accuse me of lacking effort.

I suggested to you what you suggested to him, I don't see what being deaf has to do with any of this either.

I know what you are saying NM if you didnt want him in the first place but there is evidence that he is a good manager. He got Bolton top 6, thats canny evidence.

And his formaitons, tactics, player purchases and player selections for us? How does that work?

I can not for the life of me work out what the fuck he was trying to do on saturday. I'm just saying that there is some evidence he knows what he is doing.

McLeish?!

Oh dear oh dear. If we were to get rid of Sam I'd want someone a lot, lot better than McLeish. Top class manager he is not, about Allardyce's level.

i think you're right, they're both no more than average, mid table managers. We need someone better than Fat Sam soon, though, before Ashley gives him any more money and then gets sick of bankrolling failure. We have a good owner and chief exec now, lets not fucking wast them!

I know what you are saying NM if you didnt want him in the first place but there is evidence that he is a good manager. He got Bolton top 6, thats canny evidence.

And his formaitons, tactics, player purchases and player selections for us? How does that work?

I can not for the life of me work out what the fuck he was trying to do on saturday. I'm just saying that there is some evidence he knows what he is doing.

That's the thing - he didn't look this clueless and out of his depth at Bolton and so far I've been surprised and disappointed with his performances as manager. On the other hand when Souness came in despite that unbeaten run at the start of his reign I expected nothing less than abject failure on his part and he didn't let me down on that count.

More effort?  That can go both ways though can't it, he's learned a second language and I can read what he's trying to get across perfectly, maybe you need to make more of an effort.

He was asking you to take into consideration English not being Harry's first language. Your disability is irrelevent and you brought it up, no one else did.

He did well at Bolton, but that was his level of club, irrespective of some seasons overachievement.

I have no doubt at all that SA is incapable of managing NUFC, especially based on the season to date.

i think you're right, they're both no more than average, mid table managers. We need someone better than Fat Sam soon, though, before Ashley gives him any more money and then gets sick of bankrolling failure. We have a good owner and chief exec now, lets not f****** wast them!

I agree with that also, no point wasting what we have by getting it wrong again.  We should stick with Allardyce until we can get somebody better, somebody that we can all look at and think we've got a chance, I'd hate to get rid of him and repeat the mistakes we've made in the past, the mistake of getting shot too early as well as the mistake of getting the wrong manager in.  If we unveiled a Mourinho or a Wenger tomorrow that I'd be all for sacking Allardyce but that isn't likely.