Wigan set for £16m Owen bid?

stozo

We would be idiots not to accept a 10million plus bid from anyone! Just up to owen whether he wants to go or not...

Year left on contract, out more than in, not shown great deal of loyalty (opinion) and doesn't fit in with Sams footballing philosophy...

I can't believe anyone would think for a nanosecond that Owen would join Wigan.

Spudface clearly took that ridiculously inflated sense of self worth (see Lippi approach) with him when he left the knuckledraggers.

spudface ;D

Spudface clearly took that ridiculously inflated sense of self worth (see Lippi approach) with him when he left the knuckledraggers.

spudface ;D

His other moniker is "potato head"

spudface ;D

I'm sure someone I know once called him the elephant man :D

spudface ;D

His first game is against City on Saturday. Quote from Bruce about what he's expecting as a welcome.

"The Elephant Man will be belted out no doubt.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article511747.ece

He asks, so he shall recieve. Altho not as loudly as it could have been as theyve been asking people to prove theyre Wigan fans when theyve been ringing up for a ticket.  :shifty:

Guest Ridzuan

16m for Owen is a good deal in my opinion but I doubt Sam would want to sell his best player nor would Owen join Wigan,well not that both them and us are going through difficult times currently,but I believe if rather prefer to stay here than go to Wigan.

SELL SELL SELL

He may not go to wigan but may go to citeh or someone else, 10m+ i'd take someone's bound to bid 12 and if we got 16 it'd be a dream.

A decent replacement i.e Anelka, Ashton, Berbatov etc etc to partner Martins up front and we are sorted.

Guest The Libertine

I love the way you list Ashton even though he's been just as injury-prone as Owen the last couple of years.

and 2 players we'd never get

SELL SELL SELL

He may not go to wigan but may go to citeh or someone else, 10m+ i'd take someone's bound to bid 12 and if we got 16 it'd be a dream.

A decent replacement i.e Anelka, Ashton, Berbatov etc etc to partner Martins up front and we are sorted.

It's irritating that two years ago we could have got Anelka rather than Owen, for half the money, only Shepherd and Shearer wouldn't agree to it.

Allegedly.

how much have we received in compen for Owens injuries from the FA? just thinking that at least we would be recovering a small amount of the outlay we paid for him,therefore the books may begin to balance on the price we paid and may sell him for.

spudface ;D

His first game is against City on Saturday. Quote from Bruce about what he's expecting as a welcome.

"The Elephant Man will be belted out no doubt.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article511747.ece

He asks, so he shall recieve. Altho not as loudly as it could have been as theyve been asking people to prove theyre Wigan fans when theyve been ringing up for a ticket:shifty:

how do you do that over the phone like?  Shout "easy-uh" down the line in a distorted voice because you're too busy scoffing your gob with pies, whilst also making some form of reference to rugby league?