IF the Axe falls...........

Minhosa
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I would be amazed if anyone fancied coming here. they would have to be  :idiot2:

Potentially becoming the most unattractive job in british football.

Mainly due to Shepherds dreadful choices of manager.

The plummet in the standing of this job is 90% his frault.

By the way - some great Christmas versions of avatars appearing !

Well done Dave & Wullie & Gejon for example !

Surprised #9 hasn't done one similar to:- http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2870/indexphpfd9.png

None of them made their own.  :shifty:

On Topic: Don't fancy us getting rid of Sam, but if we do, I don't think there's an English manager that would be any better, so we'll have to go abroad.

Guest optimistic nit

I would be amazed if anyone fancied coming here. they would have to be  :idiot2:

Surprised #9 hasn't done one similar to:- http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2870/indexphpfd9.png

None of them made their own.  :shifty:

On Topic: Don't fancy us getting rid of Sam, but if we do, I don't think there's an English manager that would be any better, so we'll have to go abroad.

I reckon all those who got indigo or andy to make them should be made to do it again tbh.

Noticed into toady's Chron Sam admits I (and few others can pick a better team than him:

At the moment, there are 52,000 who can pick a better team than me

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2007/12/03/defiant-sam-stands-firm-72703-20196520/

Alan Oliver might as well accept what we will have to accept, Allardyce is going nowhere.  We might as well all get behind him and try to make the best of the situation, he's not Souness or Roeder, he's put faith in us by coming here and we should show some back.  The other two cretins mentioned in this post were going nowhere and had nothing to lose by coming here, Allardyce did.

Noticed into toady's Chron Sam admits I (and few others can pick a better team than him:

“At the moment, there are 52,000 who can pick a better team than me

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2007/12/03/defiant-sam-stands-firm-72703-20196520/

He says it with irony too. We're all wrong, he's right.

Successful managers often make the odd eccentric decision which surprises or even confuses fans and when it comes off they are duly praised. There is a fine line though between sticking to your guns and being stubborn to the point it's detrimental to the team. To leave every onlooker baffled week after week is perhaps a sign that you've overstepped that line and I think Sam needs to take a look at himself right now. 14 games in and he still can't make his mind up on his team in any area of the pitch or even his formation, that's pretty serious. I don't think the fans are asking for a lot and I do believe most managers would have gone back to basics by now, espescially on the back of 1 point in 15 and a series of shocking performances. It seems he won't change for anyone and that kind of stubbornnes can be a major strength in people. It can also be a major weakness, and time will tell whether he's doing the right thing in ignoring the vast majority of people who just want a return to basics (wide players out wide, central players in the centre and some continuity in the team he puts out from one week to the next).

Alan Oliver might as well accept what we will have to accept, Allardyce is going nowhere.  We might as well all get behind him and try to make the best of the situation, he's not Souness or Roeder, he's put faith in us by coming here and we should show some back.  The other two cretins mentioned in this post were going nowhere and had nothing to lose by coming here, Allardyce did.

Bit harsh on Roeder.

Aye. I cant feel any anger towards Glenn, I didnt want him as manager, glad when he quit but I think he genuinely did care about the club.

As strange as it might seem, I think Souness possibly did, they just couldn't do what was required.

Aye. I cant feel any anger towards Glenn, I didnt want him as manager, glad when he quit but I think he genuinely did care about the club.

As strange as it might seem, I think Souness possibly did, they just couldn't do what was required.

I thought to end of the Souey regime he was just hanging around for his £££'s. Even then who can blame him when the numbers were Lotto size.

;D Thank you !!

Just get him sacked, and get an actual class manager in. No more stubborn cloggers like Souness and Allardyce, no more yes men like Roeder. Actual class.

I get as frustrated as anybody with some of his tinkering and formations but it's too early to give up on him.  I'm going to back him and see what he can do because he deserves that from us.  He had the balls to take the job on when nobody else was likely to come within a million miles of the club.  I thought he was as good as we could get and probably better than we deserved because of the way the club was being run.

I'm happy to call for the sacking of the manager when I'm sure he's wrong for us but I don't feel that way about Allardyce yet so I'm going to back him and see if a bit of positive support changes things for the better because I don't think we're helping if we drag the negativity on until he's forced out.  I think the chairman will decide what happens regardless of how we feel so we might as well try to do whatever we can to turn things around, I’d personally rather do that than sit around hoping that we sack another manager, possibly too early again and before he’s had a chance to prove himself.

If Allardyce fails then we all fail because we’re back to square one and looking for another manager.  We’ve had a bit of a transitional period and I doubt that will go on forever, it will always be the case if we change managers as often as we have and I’m sick of watching football played by teams who don’t know what’s expected of them because they don’t know the manager. 

I think that if Allardyce doesnt get the team going before christmas, then he's out. Ashley wont just sit around watching his team fall into a relegation battle, he knows that to much is at stake for that. His money, his choice, but we can all be pretty sure he already has a backup plan in mind. Be it Shearer as a caretaker manager until the summer, who knows. Time will tell. But im not supporting Allardyce, im supporting Newcastle United, and right now Allardyce is manager so im supporting him. Its not about the players or the manager, its about the club and the crest.