IF the Axe falls...........

Minhosa
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A lot are going for the fashionable foreigner but again who is to say they won't fail? Not long ago people were talking about Paul Le Guen being right up there and were shocked he ended up at Rangers.

that risk is there for all the options though. the top 4 all have fasionable foreigners, and citeh, the only team atm with a realistic hope of joining them also do. the only reason to sack sam would be to appoint someone to get us into the top 4, and i think that would have to be a fasionable foreigner. option 1 is just allardyce, and i think he's one of the best of that type. option 2 wouldn't get us into the CL within 3 years, option 3 could pay dividends, but is more risky than 4 and option 5 is good, but i think atm the managers without PL experience are better than those with (e.g. capello is better than benetez)

Alex Ferguson a fashionable foreigner?

I just don't see the point in taking the risk at the moment. If he was sacked I would want someone who has at least shown they can do a good job in this league.

Anyway if we had to I went with "A foreign coach with experience of prem league i.e: Jol or Benitez" although not Jol :lol:

Aye Sorry about the Jol and Venables examples lads - but they are just that.

Names to give people an idea of what was in my mind when setting up the poll.

Again, don't take the examples of Managers as actual 'votes for individuals' they are just there to provide examples of 'managerial types'.

Ta.

Guest optimistic nit

A lot are going for the fashionable foreigner but again who is to say they won't fail? Not long ago people were talking about Paul Le Guen being right up there and were shocked he ended up at Rangers.

that risk is there for all the options though. the top 4 all have fasionable foreigners, and citeh, the only team atm with a realistic hope of joining them also do. the only reason to sack sam would be to appoint someone to get us into the top 4, and i think that would have to be a fasionable foreigner. option 1 is just allardyce, and i think he's one of the best of that type. option 2 wouldn't get us into the CL within 3 years, option 3 could pay dividends, but is more risky than 4 and option 5 is good, but i think atm the managers without PL experience are better than those with (e.g. capello is better than benetez)

Alex Ferguson a fashionable foreigner?

I just don't see the point in taking the risk at the moment. If he was sacked I would want someone who has at least shown they can do a good job in this league.

it would be the least risky option in my opinion. sam has shown he can doo good in the league. if we sack him who do we replace him with? Redknapp? i see sam as a better manager than redkapp. you say you don't want jol. who else is there, i do like hughes, but i'm not sure if he is better than allardyce, although he may be. if we sack allardyce only to hire someone like redknapp it would be a backward step imo. i reckon redkapp would go the same way as allardyce, and we're in no better situation. we either give allardyce time to sort us out (which he will) or we hire a better manager i.e. capello. no third option in my opinion. allardyce is one of, if not the, best proven PL managers there is outside those managing the top 4.

r.e. fergie, he is foreign and he is fasionable, although he is probably the last fasionable brit in existance until we start producing decent managers again.

Anyway if we had to I went with "A foreign coach with experience of prem league i.e: Jol or Benitez" although not Jol :lol:

What other foreign managers are there with Prem experience? Jean Tigana? :lol:

Ruud Gullit...........or maybe not.

Jose Mourinho.

What is Houllier up to these days. To be honest I haven't put all that much thought into it (there's a first :lol:) as I think we would be crazy to sack him. But as Nyt says any manager we would have the slightest chance of getting in this league are no better than Allardyce and I think there would be a huge risk getting a foreigner in if they haven't shown what they can do in this league.

well for 12 games to be able to  prove he can win us the champions league why not. If he fails we just sack him and try again.

we are the sluts of the managers world - love em and leave em. thats us.

well for 12 games to be able to  prove he can win us the champions league why not. If he fails we just sack him and try again.

we are the sluts of the managers world - love em and leave em. thats us.

Raises a good point, we will probably sack them anyway so we may aswell go for someone who isn't in a position to demand too much compensation in case of sacking when signing the contract. :thup:

These next 2 games at home for us are massive !

If you look at the table, we really need to break away from the Birminghams the Readings and the Fulhams.

If we don't get at least 3 points from the 2 home games against Arsenal and Brum, we will be facing an up-hill battle all year to break into that top 7

Guest optimistic nit

These next 2 games at home for us are massive !

If you look at the table, we really need to break away from the Birminghams the Readings and the Fulhams.

If we don't get at least 3 points from the 2 home games against Arsenal and Brum, we will be facing an up-hill battle all year to break into that top 7

we sort of already have broken away tbh. we're 4 seperated by 4 points after we've had a bad run, and we've got a game in hand (vs arsenal i know)

Shearer is the only option for me.  Not because he's the best man for the job or because I believe he can do another Keegan (although that would be my hope) but because;

a.  If we sacked Allardyce now we couldn't get anyone else decent.

b.  Most importantly, he is the only one who will get the support of the idiots who boo if we aren't winning by half time for more than five games.

I don't want Shearer but you might well be right with point "b".  Sadly.

Guest Mr Nipple

Shearer as manager, Beardsley as assistant and Speed and Rob Lee as trainers. So would we need an experienced director of football, Keegan, Venables or others experienced man.......

I think, Capello, Lippi, Houllier and others foreign managers are too defensive and that are not what I think will suit us

Shearer as manager, Beardsley as assistant and Speed and Rob Lee as trainers. So would we need an experienced director of football, Keegan, Venables or others experienced man.......

I think, Capello, Lippi, Houllier and others foreign managers are too defensive and that are not what I think will suit us

I despair I really do.

I despair I really do.

His name is Mr Nipple ffs

So, Terry/Adey/Didier/Fabio/Rafa/Alan*, welcome to Saint James Park. The job's yours, you have a fantastic group of players, a great stadium, the most loyal supporters and fifteen games. No need to unpack then!

*Delete as appropriate.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

shearer is a cancer

Which would make you an idiot.

he is, he is the reason the club has remained in the state it is. He as well all know, was a huge reason why bob went, because he kicked up a fuss and spat his dummy out because it was going to be kluivert and bellamy. He cried because bob wanted to sell him to liverpool. He stayed on so he could beat milburns record, no other reason, and further held us back.The man proved this again at an earlier time when he said he wouldnt play for england again if the neil lennon saga wasnt over looked. The fact is, he was a fucked in his career towards the end and is too self centred for his own good, Hes a souness with a good image, fact is, had he been the manager against sporting lisbon, and not souness, he wouldnt have played robert either, because his ego is too big, as far as im concerned, the man is a complete and utter cunt, he scored goals and lead the line well, but end of the day, he needs controlling, and making him a manager, doesnt do that!

shearer is a cancer

Which would make you an idiot.

he is, he is the reason the club has remained in the state it is. He as well all know, was a huge reason why bob went, because he kicked up a fuss and spat his dummy out because it was going to be kluivert and bellamy. He cried because bob wanted to sell him to liverpool. He stayed on so he could beat milburns record, no other reason, and further held us back.The man proved this again at an earlier time when he said he wouldnt play for england again if the neil lennon saga wasnt over looked. The fact is, he was a f***** in his career towards the end and is too self centred for his own good, Hes a souness with a good image, fact is, had he been the manager against sporting lisbon, and not souness, he wouldnt have played robert either, because his ego is too big, as far as im concerned, the man is a complete and utter c***, he scored goals and lead the line well, but end of the day, he needs controlling, and making him a manager, doesnt do that!

So ho much of that did you jsut make up?