Arsenal Pre-Match Thread

Kev

I'd keeep Roz in the team for sure, need some continuity somewhere.

Dunno if he's worth keeping in, though. Beye, N'Zogbia and Faye (if fit) are all worth keeping in.

If Faye's injured, then maybe. But i'll be biting my nails watching him up against Adebayor et al.

I don't see alot wrong with a   Beye    Faye/Cacapa    Rozenhal   Zoggy    defence on Wednesday.

Well, if I was Arsne Wenger then I would get my stongest attacker to get close to Cacapa and lean onto him at any opportunity when the ball is played forward.  See if that made him crack.

But then if I was Arsne Wenger I would be a hell of a lot richer and be nowhere near a Newcastle United message board.

God. I hate all these pessimistic predictions.

If A, the atmosphere is bouncing and B, two or three key players play to their absolute maximum (each factor will help each other there) - we've got a really good chance of taking the game to them. I absolutely cannot wait to go up there on Wednesday.

I don't see alot wrong with a  Beye    Faye/Cacapa    Rozenhal  Zoggy    defence on Wednesday.

Enrique tbh.

Continutity. N'Zogbia is more valuable in a 4-3-3 imo.

I don't see any value in the continuity of playing our most dangerous attacker in defence, when we've a perfectly good LB doing nowt. Viduka in goal for the rest of the season would be continuous but not a lot of use.

I don't see alot wrong with a   Beye    Faye/Cacapa    Rozenhal   Zoggy    defence on Wednesday.

Enrique tbh.

I don't see any value in the continuity of playing our most dangerous attacker in defence, when we've a perfectly good LB doing nowt. Viduka in goal for the rest of the season would be continuous but not a lot of use.

If we're play 4-4-2, then yeah. If we're playing 4-3-3 - which we really should be after the Blackburn performance (and seeing as we've used that formation in games that we've won), then N'Zogbia fits in nowhere but full-back - he's not worth having in that middle three, that's not his game at all. He's dangerous attacking from deep anyhow.

I don't see alot wrong with a  Beye    Faye/Cacapa    Rozenhal  Zoggy    defence on Wednesday.

Enrique tbh.

If we're play 4-4-2, then yeah. If we're playing 4-3-3 - which we really should be after the Blackburn performance (and seeing as we've used that formation in games that we've won), then N'Zogbia fits in nowhere but full-back - he's not worth having in that middle three, that's not his game at all. He's dangerous attacking from deep anyhow.

So why have we bought Enrique? N'Zogbia would be better than Milner as part of the front three, you need pace in there for a start. I don't like 4-3-3 anyway and we haven't got the players for it.

Enrique tbh.

I'd stick Zog in midfield. The 3 of them are interchangeable anyway, sometimes you see Barton on the left, then on the right, in the centre. If he tells Zog just to sit that 10 yards in front of Barton and Butt when we have the ball we have the outlet we've been lacking all season when the defence or Butt has the ball in our half. I'd not be worried about that leaving us a bit exposed because when we don't have the ball Milner is good at tracking back and is generally in line with the midfield at the times we don't have the ball.

I'd play something like:

-----------Given

Beye  cacapa Faye (if not Taylor) Enrique

-------Barton---Butt---N'Zogbia------

Martins-------Viduka-----Milner----

Bring Smith (up front) and Emre depending on how the result is. Think we'll get a 1-1.

Enrique tbh.

:lol: Really tickled me did that, but its spot on.

I'd have said N'Zogbia is probably the most suited player in our squad to play as a wing forward in the 4-3-3. Shooting, composure, pace, crossing, ability to beat his man - he simply offers more there than Milner.

Given

Beye Caçapa Faye Enrique

Geremi Butt Barton

Martins Smith N'Zogbia

I'd have said N'Zogbia is probably the most suited player in our squad to play as a wing forward in the 4-3-3. Shooting, composure, pace, crossing, ability to beat his man - he simply offers more there than Milner.

Given

Beye Caçapa Faye Enrique

Geremi Butt Barton

Martins Smith N'Zogbia

:thup:

Given

Beye Caçapa Faye Enrique

Geremi Butt Barton

Martins Smith N'Zogbia

Would still prefer N'Zogbia deep... but i'd be happy if that team came out. That team would make sense, definitely