Arsenal Pre-Match Thread

Kev

Guest michaelfoster

Put your records on: Wednesday sees the return of popular former match DJ Rob Byron to SJP gramophone handle-winding duties for one night only

Expect top tunes, not ring tones on the wheels of steel - this is a Cheeky Girls-free zone.

:D

First post on here guys, be gentle. Obviously an Arsenal fan and would like to share opinions before Wednesday's game. You probably couldn't pick a better time to play us in terms of our personel that will be missing, our three best attacking players infact Hleb, Fabregas and van Persie will all miss out. I expect Wenger to go 4-5-1 with Rosicky playing the 'Hleb' role. We should line up something like this.

----------- Almunia

Sagna - Toure - Gallas - Clichy

Eboue - Diarra - Flamini - Walcott

------------ Rosicky

----------- Adebayor

I still think there is enough there for us to win with your boys in poor form and a defensive crisis. I personally would like us to implement 4-4-2 against you and give you more to worry about, either starting Eduardo or Bendtner alongside Adebayor but i doubt that'll happen but im sure we'll see one if not both from the bench if we fail to score early. This is our game in hand and could put us 6 points clear of Man Utd and 8 clear of Chelsea so its really important we win this.

Prediction:

Newcastle 0 Arsenal 1

Any chance Senderos will play? I think you're right in so much as that midfield can be rattled, has to happen early on though. We've got a decent home record against Arsenal over the last few years.

Put your records on: Wednesday sees the return of popular former match DJ Rob Byron to SJP gramophone handle-winding duties for one night only

Expect top tunes, not ring tones on the wheels of steel - this is a Cheeky Girls-free zone.

:D

Great news, the music played recently has been shocking!!

please dont play hey there delilah at HT like they did at Liverpool (i think) its f*cking depressing :D

Here here. I dont know what he was thinking of playing that tripe, we needed something to get the spirits roused not that drivel.

Guest ArseFan

Any chance Senderos will play? I think you're right in so much as that midfield can be rattled, has to happen early on though. We've got a decent home record against Arsenal over the last few years.

Senderos won't play, both Toure and Gallas have been in great form and also contributing goals. They are both fit with no worries. In fact Senderos has travelled up to Derby with the reserves tonight so he might not even be on the bench, which is a slight relief after his performance in Sevilla.

Senderos won't play, both Toure and Gallas have been in great form and also contributing goals. They are both fit with no worries. In fact Senderos has travelled up to Derby with the reserves tonight so he might not even be on the bench, which is a slight relief after his performance in Sevilla.

Never mind. I knew he wouldn't be picked on merit, he's fucking toss, Bramble-esque imo. Was just hoping for a niggle/suspension really :lol:

No chance we'll be playing 4-3-3 against the Gunners even if it's at home...it's more like 4-5-1 without unneccesary risks mainly with the ball being hoofed up to Viduka's fat head á la Big Sam style.

4-5-1 is not a bad formation but wide men should be supporting the lone striker way much more. I'd be glad to see a line-up something like Given - Beye, Taylor, Rozehnal, Enrique - Barton, Geremi, Emre - Milner, N'Zogbia and Martins...but I can't see that happening as BSA will do it like the one below with some shocking decisions possibly including Carr and Butt

Given

Carr  Taylor  Roz  N'Zogbia

Geremi  Butt  Smith  

Martins  Viduka Shola

And Martins will be replaced by Duff at HT even if we're losing O0

I'd be absolutely horrified with that team. :lol:

Carr at RB -                            Argh!

N'Zogbia at LB in a 4-4-2 -      Argh!

Geremi at RW -                      Argh!

Smith in CM -                          Argh!

Duff at LW -                            Argh!

I'd be absolutely horrified with that team. :lol:

Carr at RB -                             Argh!

N'Zogbia at LB in a 4-4-2 -      Argh!

Geremi at RW -                       Argh!

Smith in CM -                           Argh!

Duff at LW -                             Argh!

Actually I managed to came up even with a worse line-up and found a spot for Shola there

I'm not too pessimistic. I think he'll stick with that midfield at Blackburn, and he's got no reason to drop Smith (and come on, SA isn't gonna drop Smith). The only question marks are with the defense.

i dont see damien puff playing, he hasnt even featured for the reserves yet so he will be very low on match fitness

How mature please? :lol:

:lol: i thought it was a nice little sneidy comment for me too make  :iamatwat:

Arsenal should win at a canter. Sadly, they need only play their reserves. We have players at the fag end of their careers who are there on reputation only. In my opinion the likes of Butt and Viduka do not have the pace, energy or work rate to live with Arsenals mesmeric passing and movement.

Personally I find it hard to watch anymore. The pain of 5 decades of domestic failure has reduced me to being a miserable bastard at weekends.

Why cant there be a patch to wean you off it like smokers can get.

Sick to death

Doug.

If we conceade early it will be a case of how many for Arsenal

And on the other hand, if we score first, it could be a f****** mint game.

Very true

Was for us. Best game I've seen at our place for a fair while. Even if you get beaten, you get to watch some fantastic football from Arsenal.

As long as we do it a second or two before full time.

:lol: Yeah.

Seriously though. If we get an early goal, i think it'll make for a fantastic game. Hopefully we won't defend as deep as Villa afterwards.

As long as we do it a second or two before full time.

:lol: Yeah.

Seriously though. If we get an early goal, i think it'll make for a fantastic game. Hopefully we won't defend as deep as Villa afterwards.

We weren't defending deep, we couldn;t get the ball off them. It was as simple as that. Although in the second half, they couldn't get the ball off us.

Get in to them, close them down, rattle them, don't give the ball away - cliche but if they don't have the ball, they can't cut you apart with their passing. Let them pass and they'll murder you.

Unfortunately, we waited 45 minutes before realising it, and it was too late.

Is Hleb playing? He was awesome, just awesome. Best individual performance I've seen at our place for a decent time. We had to get Carew to kick him off the park, so maybe he'll miss this game.