FA Cup 4th Round Draw - Arsenal (away)

Jamie

Also the bigger team will have an eye on the league and the CL, whereas we've got fuk all.

That was the hope I clung to in 1999's final!!!!

I'd take another final defeat right now, at least its a direct passage into Europe.

I'd rather get done by one of them in the early rounds than face the inevitable semi final / final disspointment.

bollocks, i'd rather get to the final against them and get into the waffa cup

The only consolation is, if you're going to win it you're going to have to beat the big teams anyway.

Millwall got to the final without playing Premier League opposition a couple of years ago. I was hoping for a similar slice of luck tbh. Bet it's on the fucking telly too. They only keep showing us in the hope it's the game in which Allardyce gets the heave-ho.

Would it even be worth scraping past a lot of lower league teams just to get totally embarrassed in the final by a top team with the whole world watching..

The only consolation is, if you're going to win it you're going to have to beat the big teams anyway.

Millwall got to the final without playing Premier League opposition a couple of years ago. I was hoping for a similar slice of luck tbh. Bet it's on the fucking telly too. They only keep showing us in the hope it's the game in which Allardyce gets the heave-ho.

Who did they play in the final? :lol:

I know they played Man Utd btw. :razz:

Would it even be worth scraping past a lot of lower league teams just to get totally embarrassed in the final by a top team with the whole world watching..

Probably not :lol:

Guest johnson293

And another season draws to a close....

:(

Yep, our seasons end earlier and earlier as the years go on.

If we didn't have bad luck we'd have no luck at all.  :weep:

At least we might still have a home win against Chelsea to look forward to!!!

I think Stoke would be more "up for it" then NC, not to knock either team but the state Newcastle are in at the moment, id think they're the easier of the 2

An Arsenal fans opinion on the draw. :lol:

Shameful but true.

Stoke are a much tougher proposition than us right now.

No they aren't. They'd expect to beat us both easily. "Much tougher propostion" is overdoing it a fair bit. They were up for it at home against us but they're pretty ordinary in every department. Just like us.

Stoke will play with desire, passion, team spirit and with the nation behind them.

We'll play with...erm....eh....hang on....its coming....nope sorry, its gone again.

Just got home to log on and find out we get Arsenal away.  Fuck sake.  That's us out (assuming we beat Stoke at home!).

We may as well throw the Stoke game and forget the cup.  There is no chance we will beat Arsenal away, we might as well save our strength to ensure we don't get dragged down the league further, or perhaps if we do turn things around and go on a run, ensure that players can sustain it without a cup game distraction.

Grr... why couldn't we get home to Barnet! :lol:

Why not?

We outplayed Arsenal at home. Fans of other Premiership team will relish the fact that Arsenal have been given a potential banana skin. Very few teams have played well and got something against Arsenal this season, we are one of the major exceptions.

Probably not :lol:

For european football yes, i'd take a hiding off a top team for that next season, god knows we take hidings from average teams for no reason at all so why not?

I think Stoke would be more "up for it" then NC, not to knock either team but the state Newcastle are in at the moment, id think they're the easier of the 2

Shameful but true.

No they aren't. They'd expect to beat us both easily. "Much tougher propostion" is overdoing it a fair bit. They were up for it at home against us but they're pretty ordinary in every department. Just like us.

Stoke will play with desire, passion, team spirit and with the nation behind them.

We'll play with...erm....eh....hang on....its coming....nope sorry, its gone again.

You overstated it. Arsenal would expect to beat either of us comfortably at home. I reckon Wenger would rather play Stoke though.

Shameful but true.

You overstated it. Arsenal would expect to beat either of us comfortably at home. I reckon Wenger would rather play Stoke though.

They would expect to beat both, i just think with Stoke on form and being in a different league the potential of a slip up is greater and more worrying than us. Chances are they are going to roll us over, on an off chance we do something, well its not so bad, every half decent team has a bit of luck now and then.

Guest johnson293

Why not?

We outplayed Arsenal at home. Fans of other Premiership team will relish the fact that Arsenal have been given a potential banana skin. Very few teams have played well and got something against Arsenal this season, we are one of the major exceptions.

That was up here though - Arsenal dont have that great a record up here, even recently.

This season's league cup showed that we weren't/aren't good enough to beat their reserve team down there!

Chances are we are out! If not against Stoke probably against Arsenal, but stranger things have happened. Didn't we get a draw 1st year at the Emirates? Who says that we can't get a draw again and then bring them back home. Its the cup where fairytales to happen. Though admittedly rarely for us!!!

Why not?

That was up here though - Arsenal dont have that great a record up here, even recently.

This season's league cup showed that we weren't/aren't good enough to beat their reserve team down there!

Didn't do so bad against them last year at their's in the league.

1-1 i seem to recall, i'm probs wrong though, it's too early for me.

Why not?

Come on James.

We were lucky not to be beat at Stoke away, and you think we have a chance of beating Arsenal away?

:nope:

Wish you were right, but it will be a mauling at the Emirates judging by our current form.

Guest nufc_geordie

this season is getting beyond a joke !

any maths boffins want to calculate the chances of drawing arsenal away for the 2nd round tie of a both cups ?

as someone above said, you've got to beat the big boys to win the cup and I'd rather get done by one of them in the early rounds than face the inevitable semi final / final disspointment.

512/1 were the odds of drawing Arsenal when we did in both cups!