"Senior players revolt against Sam" story rubbished by Harper and Given

NSG

This for me has been the biggest problem at Newcastle for years. The players have been ruling the roost. It is probably why, if for no other reason, Sam was a good appointment. These players disgust me.

They are in the entertainment business and for the money they get paid I don't think they have the right to even question staying in London at all. The nature of their jobs means they are at home all the tie anyway and are hardly ever away from their families. Shut up and get on with it. NBA players for example actually play games on Christmas day!

I know a lot of people are unhappy with Alan Smith and even Barton but I think it was important to bring players like them to this club as there is no doubt in my mind that their attitude and commitment will be far more positive in these types of situations.

Given it seems has another agenda and has been acting up since Sam let it be known that he wouldn't be the number 1 goalie by default.

Given out! He hsould concentrate on his game as he has been crap lately anyway.

and you know it's all true because ?

kaka out,tabloid believer.

They've just confirmed that there is a players committee, headed up by Geremi, where issues are constructively discussed with Sam.

There is no issue and the press are mischief making.

Both Given & Harper signed off the statement, and said it needed to be made by them as the two longest servers at the club.

Good news.

To be honest i still don't understand the time thing, if you buy good players and play them in the correct positions with straight forward tactics you do well. Doesn't mean you win anything you just do well you then give the manager the 5 years he wants and hopefully in that time he will win stuff. Sven is a good example of this, bought good players, played them correctly and they are doing well won't win anything this season but they will in the next few years I have no doubts. Sam though bought players, feels forced to play them, plays strange complex tactics (football is an easy game don't complicate it!) and we aren't doing well.

I agree with everything you said, but that doesn't mean that want a Roeder approach to players who clearly need a kick up the backside. To be honest I'd like to see Big Sam take a long run up with a few of them.

NUFC Player Statement

NEWCASTLE United players Shay Given and Steve Harper have issued the following statement in response to a story that appeared in a national tabloid newspaper on Tuesday ...

Having seen an article in one of this morning's national newspapers, we feel it is vitally important that Newcastle United's two longest serving players set the record straight.

The story that has appeared is total and utter nonsense. Sam Allardyce has the full backing and support of every Newcastle United player and we are all working together as one to bring success to the football club.

At Newcastle United we have a player committee which is led by our captain Geremi, and which also includes James Milner, Mark Viduka and ourselves.

Many issues are openly discussed between players and the Manager, as is commonplace at any club.

Far from that being "player power" or any other ridiculous description, this is sensible and constructive communication and a key part of the process of helping to build a stronger football club which will take us forward.

It is fair to say both of us are absolutely furious at what we have read today. It is mischief-making of the highest order and appears designed to unsettle everyone on the eve of our big game against Arsenal on Wednesday night.

Shay Given and Steve Harper

December 4, 2007

NUFC Player Statement

NEWCASTLE United players Shay Given and Steve Harper have issued the following statement in response to a story that appeared in a national tabloid newspaper on Tuesday ...

Having seen an article in one of this morning's national newspapers, we feel it is vitally important that Newcastle United's two longest serving players set the record straight.

The story that has appeared is total and utter nonsense. Sam Allardyce has the full backing and support of every Newcastle United player and we are all working together as one to bring success to the football club.

At Newcastle United we have a player committee which is led by our captain Geremi, and which also includes James Milner, Mark Viduka and ourselves.

Many issues are openly discussed between players and the Manager, as is commonplace at any club.

Far from that being "player power" or any other ridiculous description, this is sensible and constructive communication and a key part of the process of helping to build a stronger football club which will take us forward.

It is fair to say both of us are absolutely furious at what we have read today. It is mischief-making of the highest order and appears designed to unsettle everyone on the eve of our big game against Arsenal on Wednesday night.

Shay Given and Steve Harper

December 4, 2007

Panic stations?

It's a tough one to call. I'm in no doubt that we have players in the squad who have lived in a comfort zone for too long, which needs addressing. However if some are concerned about tactics, etc are they not right to speak their mind ? What the manager has been trying to do has confused even the most seasoned Newcastle supporters, so christ knows how it's affecting some of the players. Once again however our dirty laundry is being aired in public - which is never a good thing.

We'll see how the players respond in the next few games and if they want to play for the current manager.....

This for me has been the biggest problem at Newcastle for years. The players have been ruling the roost. It is probably why, if for no other reason, Sam was a good appointment. These players disgust me.

They are in the entertainment business and for the money they get paid I don't think they have the right to even question staying in London at all. The nature of their jobs means they are at home all the tie anyway and are hardly ever away from their families. Shut up and get on with it. NBA players for example actually play games on Christmas day!

I know a lot of people are unhappy with Alan Smith and even Barton but I think it was important to bring players like them to this club as there is no doubt in my mind that their attitude and commitment will be far more positive in these types of situations.

Given it seems has another agenda and has been acting up since Sam let it be known that he wouldn't be the number 1 goalie by default.

madras out!

prima donna sucker upper!

madras out!

prima donna sucker upper!

have you seen donna though ? wahey hubba hubba :smitten: :sex:

Guest johnson293

anyone remember alan kennedy,irving nattrass and paul cannell ?

Remember seeing something on the official history DVD. Didn't they revolt to keep a manager in or something? Ended up getting relegated.

Was it not to get Bill McGarry the job in the late 70's? And yes, we went down!

EDIT: Yes, it was Dinnis...McGarry followed him

There's just been some utter mong on 5 Live spewing out the same old s****....

"Allardyce is an ex-Mackem"

"This is the greatest job in the world"

"He's brought in dross"

"I don 't mind losing 4-3"

w******

:lol:

Honestly, I despair sometimes especially knowing he isn't the only person that thinks that way.

Why do people believe we're this amazing club who should be winning the league every season rather than a jumped up bunch of also rans?

There's just been some utter mong on 5 Live spewing out the same old s****....

"Allardyce is an ex-Mackem"

"This is the greatest job in the world"

"He's brought in dross"

"I don 't mind losing 4-3"

w******

:lol:

Honestly, I despair sometimes especially knowing he isn't the only person that thinks that way.

Why do people believe we're this amazing club who should be winning the league every season rather than a jumped up bunch of also rans?

I'm with you 100%. Something to do with being thick as mince probably. I blame the tabloids though.

Can you listen back to past FiveLive shows like you can with Radio 1? Ive just got a load of texts from my mates taking the piss saying some thick slack jaw has been on the radio demanding a Shearer-Keegan dream team. No wonder we become a laughing stock all the time when idiots like this can get onto national radio.

Personally I don't think there's smoke without fire on this one,  Sam has said himself that there have been words. Nowt wrong with that as long as it's understood who's boss....and no Xmas pud leftovers on Boxing day.