"Senior players revolt against Sam" story rubbished by Harper and Given

NSG

On the main site here:

Are you happier at this point in time than you were exactly 12 months ago?

63% of the 400-odd have voted "yes". I think a few more people in general need to think long and hard about this question before demanding another so-called 'quick fix'.

Just had my e-mail read out on 5 Live :p Oh, yes

Which one was it?

I've been a Newcastle fan all of my life and i've never been as embarrassed as I was after the Liverpool match. It wasn't the performance, but the fans who acted so childshly. We've been spoilt by the relative success of the Keegan and Robson era's which has vastly inflated expectations. We need to understand that our performances over the past few seasons haven't been down to bad luck, but bad players and bad management. We're not a top six or even a top eight club and haven't been for a while now.

The blame doesn't lie at the feet of Allardyce, Mort or Ashley but the likes of Souness, Shepherd and Douglas Hall. Give Big Sam time and he'll get it right.

Which one was it?

I've been a Newcastle fan all of my life and i've never been as embarrassed as I was after the Liverpool match. It wasn't the performance, but the fans who acted so childshly. We've been spoilt by the relative success of the Keegan and Robson era's which has vastly inflated expectations. We need to understand that our performances over the past few seasons haven't been down to bad luck, but bad players and bad management. We're not a top six or even a top eight club and haven't been for a while now.

The blame doesn't lie at the feet of Allardyce, Mort or Ashley but the likes of Souness, Shepherd and Douglas Hall. Give Big Sam time and he'll get it right.

do you think allardyce could have got better performances out of his squad quite easily in most of our games this season ?

Which one was it?

do you think allardyce could have got better performances out of his squad quite easily in most of our games this season ?

I think the answer is no, but then I don't really understand the question.

Which one was it?

i'll rephrase it.....do you think the performances and results would have been better if allardyce had played a balanced team,not played players continually out of position,setting out teams for 0-0's at the leagues weakest teams,not seeing when tactics aren't working in certain games,sending out teams with the sole intention of stopping the opposition and no plan for when they are breached ?

Which one was it?

:coolsmiley: I agreed with it as well.  O0

Which one was it?

i'll rephrase it.....do you think the performances and results would have been better if allardyce had played a balanced team,not played players continually out of position,setting out teams for 0-0's at the leagues weakest teams,not seeing when tactics aren't working in certain games,sending out teams with the sole intention of stopping the opposition and no plan for when they are breached ?

Yes, I do. I can't defend his tactics or team selections because they have baffled me occasionally but we can't advocate sacking him after 14 games, especially when he's barely had a chance to start building his own team.

It's a long process that wont improve if we hoy our toys out of the pram and sack the manager every single f****** time they do something we don't agree with. If we do then this board will be full of more posts saying "Wrong man, sack him" whenever the new fella picks Smith over Owen, Duff over N'Zogbia etc.

On the main site here:

63% of the 400-odd have voted "yes". I think a few more people in general need to think long and hard about this question before demanding another so-called 'quick fix'.

I wonder how Sam feels. 12 months ago he had Bolton in the top 3.  :lol:

On the main site here:

I wonder how Sam feels. 12 months ago he had Bolton in the top 3.  :lol:

:lol: I reckon he voted 'no' like.

To be honest i still don't understand the time thing, if you buy good players and play them in the correct positions with straight forward tactics you do well. Doesn't mean you win anything you just do well you then give the manager the 5 years he wants and hopefully in that time he will win stuff. Sven is a good example of this, bought good players, played them correctly and they are doing well won't win anything this season but they will in the next few years I have no doubts. Sam though bought players, feels forced to play them, plays strange complex tactics (football is an easy game don't complicate it!) and we aren't doing well.

I agree with everything you said, but that doesn't mean that want a Roeder approach to players who clearly need a kick up the backside. To be honest I'd like to see Big Sam take a long run up with a few of them.

Oh I agree with that I just think he's making a mess of managing at the minute and I hope it gets it sorted because his techniques are good and will help the club in the long run.

I get the feeling that there is someone out there with an agenda, be it a player, an agent, a member of the press, a past player, or anyone who has an interest in either Newcastle or England.

The agenda of course is to get Shearer into the Newcastle hotseat.

Guest The Toon Army from farawa

Even if Shearer was managing somewhere else, we had someone like Jose and we lost a couple there would be people calling for him to be sacked and Shearer appointed.

There are problems at the moment, mainly tactics and in the back of my mind I'm wondering if Big Sam is wanting the sacking to be in pole position for the England job.

Which one was it?

Yes, I do. I can't defend his tactics or team selections because they have baffled me occasionally but we can't advocate sacking him after 14 games, especially when he's barely had a chance to start building his own team.

It's a long process that wont improve if we hoy our toys out of the pram and sack the manager every single f****** time they do something we don't agree with. If we do then this board will be full of more posts saying "Wrong man, sack him" whenever the new fella picks Smith over Owen, Duff over N'Zogbia etc.

not normally,however,and this is the question,is ashley going to bankroll the club to acheive his aim of champs league football and prem title within 5 years ? if so, he should get the man HE  wants.

as for hoying the toys out etc on every occasion he does something we disagree with...the problem is that he is doing it every single time (at least more often than not). i'm not one for wanting the manager sacked, something i have stopped short of (just!). i understood souness and roeders injury problems for chrisakes,but performances like those so far this season,for the rest of the year will leave his position untenable.

Even if Shearer was managing somewhere else, we had someone like Jose and we lost a couple there would be people calling for him to be sacked and Shearer appointed.

There are problems at the moment, mainly tactics and in the back of my mind I'm wondering if Big Sam is wanting the sacking to be in pole position for the England job.

not a "couple"of results and as many on here are pointing out is has been the performances through tactics and formations throughout the season that have us in this position.

he won't be offered the England job in a million years after this season's showing.

Why would the players revolt?  "I'm sorry Mr. Allardyce, but I'm just not satisfied with the way I'm playing.  You have to go."  The only reason I can imagine is that they don't like all that new running around and excercise.

The "revolt" was meant to be with regards to travelling down south over Xmas and staying there for 4/5 days nothing to do with training methods, tactics or anything else.

Why would the players revolt?  "I'm sorry Mr. Allardyce, but I'm just not satisfied with the way I'm playing.  You have to go."  The only reason I can imagine is that they don't like all that new running around and excercise.

The "revolt" was meant to be with regards to travelling down south over Xmas and staying there for 4/5 days nothing to do with training methods, tactics or anything else.

They're too busy with horseracing and suchlike. bluerazz.gif

Which one was it?

nice one mate, totally agree with you

Guest optimistic nit

NUFC Player Statement

NEWCASTLE United players Shay Given and Steve Harper have issued the following statement in response to a story that appeared in a national tabloid newspaper on Tuesday ...

Having seen an article in one of this morning's national newspapers, we feel it is vitally important that Newcastle United's two longest serving players set the record straight.

The story that has appeared is total and utter nonsense. Sam Allardyce has the full backing and support of every Newcastle United player and we are all working together as one to bring success to the football club.

At Newcastle United we have a player committee which is led by our captain Geremi, and which also includes James Milner, Mark Viduka and ourselves.

Many issues are openly discussed between players and the Manager, as is commonplace at any club.

Far from that being "player power" or any other ridiculous description, this is sensible and constructive communication and a key part of the process of helping to build a stronger football club which will take us forward.

It is fair to say both of us are absolutely furious at what we have read today. It is mischief-making of the highest order and appears designed to unsettle everyone on the eve of our big game against Arsenal on Wednesday night.

Shay Given and Steve Harper

December 4, 2007

we have a player comittie? :lol:

and its led by geremi? :lol: really can't imagine geremi sitting at the head of a table delegating an agenda if i am to be brutally honest.

milner and viduka is also a bit random :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

i'll just say one thing here, the tactics as such don't bother me as much as they may do. if allardyce has a long term plan then it makes perfect sense that he will want to experiment. the makeshift team against liverpool initially insensed me but when i realised we had 3 centre backs injured if i am to be honest it is similar to how i would have played (beye at cb and geremi at rb is what i would have done, but i don't think it was that bad a selection given the injuries.

i've said this a lot but the only thing that has concerned me so far is the draws away from home and against the big 4 attitude. i can take sam playing zog at lb as long as it is not to get results now, but to imrpove the team down the line as may be the case. it really depends on the motivation behind the selections.

Geremi is captain so its only natural he leads the committee, besides he is the only person who can bring the views of some of the new foreigners to the table.

Viduka is a very approachable level headed guy who puts in a lot of effort behind the scenes at the club.

Milner is a good professional, talks a lot of sense and can represent the younger players, and has probably experienced more than any other 21 year old footballer.

For me, the only question regarding the committee is why are both Given and Harper both on the committee, as from the outside, both appear to read off pretty much the same hymn sheet. I can get having one of them but having both of them just creates an unnecessary block vote.

[/parody of myself]