Newcastle United 1 - 1 Arsenal - 05/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Good result, shows how decent we can be if we've got players in the correct positions.

But I guess it's still Big Sam out and Shearer in for some people. :o

not really. zog was at left back, milner right mid, smith cm after viduka came on and we had no right winger for the full 90. still we battered the f*** out of the cheating diving bastards.

Ehm? We were playing a 4-3-3 with a midfield three of Butt, Geremi and Barton with Milner and Martins operating as 'wing-forwards' supporting Smith as the central striker.

i think bringing viduka on was a mistake. he's a good striker, but smith was doing really well up front with martins. emre should have been given a bit imo, and maybe we should have put enrique on for 15 and given zog time at LW. very good defensive performance second half. arsenal created f*** all apart from counters when we were going for it. even taylor and rozy did well. brilliant finish for the goal.

The Duke was causing them problems in the box and holding the ball up well.  It was the right move.

I only saw the last hour or so. But it seems that you comfortably outfought them.

Your most effective player was obviously Smith. Probably put an end to the myth that he can play in midfield as he's a different player altogether. However you can see why he has that goal record - I don't know if its confidence, midfield coaching, or whatever, but he's like an inverse Filipo Inzaghi. Never gets anywhere near a goalscoring chance. Movement is always coming short. Whats that all about.

Thought we were excellent tonight, couldn't have expected a better performance. Some players had one or two dodgy moments but on the whole I think every single one of the 11 can walk of the pitch with their head held high and its not often I can say that.

Guest optimistic nit

Good result, shows how decent we can be if we've got players in the correct positions.

But I guess it's still Big Sam out and Shearer in for some people. :o

not really. zog was at left back, milner right mid, smith cm after viduka came on and we had no right winger for the full 90. still we battered the f*** out of the cheating diving bastards.

Ehm? We were playing a 4-3-3 with a midfield three of Butt, Geremi and Barton with Milner and Martins operating as 'wing-forwards' supporting Smith as the central striker.

the only player we had on the right side was beye. milner was rm and smith was upfront with martins. countless times we looked down that flank and there was fuck all there, or we passed it there and it went out for a throw in.

Smith was immense but Taylor was excellent and I hope all his haters are sickened!Also not his biggest fan but Geremi was very good as well!No one had a bad game except for maybe Zog but playing outta his positon was more than obvious!

Hope the gooners bastards when fuck all now after that diving performance!!! :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

i think bringing viduka on was a mistake. he's a good striker, but smith was doing really well up front with martins. emre should have been given a bit imo, and maybe we should have put enrique on for 15 and given zog time at LW. very good defensive performance second half. arsenal created f*** all apart from counters when we were going for it. even taylor and rozy did well. brilliant finish for the goal.

The Duke was causing them problems in the box and holding the ball up well.  It was the right move.

Yep it was a move that had to be made imo.

Quality performance form the team overall. 500% more urgency than usual and what a difference that made.

Guest optimistic nit

thats why i think we may need to sell martins to get into europe, even though he is a good striker. thats for another day though.

Guest optimistic nit

Smith was excellent. If Oba just learns to read play better, the partnership can really work.

Did for the goal!!!

that looked like a complete accident in all 6 replay's i saw. i may be wrong like, but it looked like a miscontrol to me.

Smith was excellent. If Oba just learns to read play better, the partnership can really work.

Did for the goal!!!

that looked like a complete accident in all 6 replay's i saw. i may be wrong like, but it looked like a miscontrol to me.

Definite dummy.

Did for the goal!!!

Definite dummy.

Aye without doubt, in the ONE replay I saw he jumped over the ball.

Did for the goal!!!

Definite dummy.

The good thing about tonight (and against Blackburn) IMO is that not only did we fight for the point, I think we played some good stuff at times.

Agree with this  :thup:

Honestly haven't enjoyed a game like that in a long time. Honestly felt everytime we touched the ball, we could do something.

Must say, thought Arsenal were terrible. They kept giving the ball away in the middle of the park. Not to take away the shine off the performance, thought we were brilliant. Everyone can be proud.

3000% improvement on Liverpool and Pompey.

Good performance, much improved. Arsenal were lucky to keep their unbeaten record and Adebayor needs to learn to stay on his feet before he becomes the new Drogba.

Hope its not a one off reaction to all the press and pressure, and they actually make something of the upcoming games (not just Brum on Sat)

Guest optimistic nit

Did for the goal!!!

Definite dummy.

good good. i must say the quality you get from babbling brookes is not quite the same that you get in far-seers.

Honestly haven't enjoyed a game like that in a long time. Honestly felt everytime we touched the ball, we could do something.

Must say, thought Arsenal were terrible. They kept giving the ball away in the middle of the park. Not to take away the shine off the performance, thought we were brilliant. Everyone can be proud. 3000% improvement on Liverpool and Pompey.

The reason arsenal were terrible was cos of us

Have to say (wont be a shock as its coming from me) Milner was looking more the player of last season. Some things didn't work for him but he worked his arse off and I am sure Sagna hasn't just walked off the pitch thinking "wow that was an easy game".