Duff Not Playing Reserve Game Tonight.

Crumpy Gunt

Milner has a great work ethic and will always give 100%, but his lack of speed and his bad crossing means he'll never be a really good wide man.

Duff is clearly a superior player, I'd have him on the right and Zog on the left.

Duff is slower, and I didn't see any evidence of sublime crossing ability in the times he played for us.

In what way is "form" what happened two years ago? :lol:  That's the opposite of form.

i did say Chelsea and Blackburn form

Not for N'Zogbia you didn't. I wouldn't be averse to seeing how Duff does on the right when he comes back, since Milner's not having a great time and could do with a rest having played over summer. Charlie all the way on the left though.

Duff on the right is how i'd do it. The bottom line is, he has to be in th side because Milner and N'zogbia haven't done anything to sugest they are better players than he is

tbf, Duff has not proven that he is any better than Zoggy or Milner either. Last season form, Milner pisses over them both.

100% spot on.  People seem to be living on memories of Duff skipping past players in his Blackburn days.  He has proven nothing here.  For milners weaknesses, I would point out he never started out as a winger and at least he has managed to stay fit and give his best.

Havent we seen numerous times at this club that previous form for other clubs years ago means nothing here? Especially when these players are reaching their late 20's and have had a few (or plenty) of injuries along the way.

I would be surprised if Duff is faster than Milner now.

Form is Temporary

Class is Permanent

;)

Abit different circumstances but Duff has been at different clubs in England and knows what its about. As Gejon said Milner is probably faster than Duff these days. The injury could have taken alot out of him

Guest FlapjackJoe

In what way is "form" what happened two years ago? :lol:  That's the opposite of form.

i did say Chelsea and Blackburn form

Not for N'Zogbia you didn't. I wouldn't be averse to seeing how Duff does on the right when he comes back, since Milner's not having a great time and could do with a rest having played over summer. Charlie all the way on the left though.

Duff on the right is how i'd do it. The bottom line is, he has to be in th side because Milner and N'zogbia haven't done anything to sugest they are better players than he is

tbf, Duff has not proven that he is any better than Zoggy or Milner either. Last season form, Milner pisses over them both.

100% spot on.  People seem to be living on memories of Duff skipping past players in his Blackburn days.  He has proven nothing here.  For milners weaknesses, I would point out he never started out as a winger and at least he has managed to stay fit and give his best.

Completely agree with Mantis.  Duff has been poor here, why is everyone excited in him coming back?  He's got to prove to the fans he's worth a spot in the team ... the same way Nicky Butt did.

Guest Stephen927

Don't think he should jump straight back into the team, but at least he gives us options.

Will be interesting to see how much his injury has affected his pace.

Milner has a great work ethic and will always give 100%, but his lack of speed and his bad crossing means he'll never be a really good wide man.

Duff is clearly a superior player, I'd have him on the right and Zog on the left.

Duff is slower, and I didn't see any evidence of sublime crossing ability in the times he played for us.

Duff last season was quicker than Milner last season

Youre fucking joking I hope? Either that or youre pissed, blind or making it up.