Newcastle United 2 - 1 Birmingham - 08/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

JH

Barton- 7 By far our best passer of the ball today. Lunatic foul let him down.

People are being a bit unfair with this.  Smart foul really, with attacker getting away from him, far better take him out there than risk a foul on the edge of the area and have us let in another wonder goal.  If it was anyone else we wouldn't even be talking about it.

yep

Rozehnal- 6.5 At fault for the goal but otherwise very composed.

Thought he struggled today tbh. Could do with a rest next weekend if Faye is fit again.

Oh aye, when Faye is fit i'd stick him straight back in. I just think he had a fairly average game, need to see their goal again in order to see what happened.

i have to say after reading all of the post match reaction i'm astounded that no-one's mentioned the penalty. i know that sam doesnt specify a penalty taker and he leaves it up to the players but for fucks sake can martins please never be allowed to take a penalty EVER again? haway, we all know finishing is the weakest part of his game and yet he was allowed to take a MASSIVE pen, imagine the atmosphere if he missed that, he tried his fucking best to, what on earth was that run up about!?

positives, smith putting in another solid performance, starting to look like mr reliable, beye good AGAIN, milner worked hard and looked like he was always getting the best of his man, zoggy solid and potent going forward, barton looking more dangerous, if a bit erratic, good battling performance in our 3rd game of the week

negatives, rozenhal getting worse by the game, quite a bit of fan unrest at mis-placed passes, even when we retained possesion, fair play to the players for plugging away

i was in the newcastle arms before and after the game, afterwards everyone hushed for sams sky interview, everyone jeered when he mentioned the lads being tired after the 2 games previous, nice one lads, support

Scored again though. 

How do you know that the stupid run up didn't make the difference between Taylor just getting a touch to it and him actually saving it?

And FWIW he's a pretty good finisher IMO

People are being a bit unfair with this.  Smart foul really, with attacker getting away from him, far better take him out there than risk a foul on the edge of the area and have us let in another wonder goal.  If it was anyone else we wouldn't even be talking about it.

yep

Barton had absolutely NO intention of getting the ball and it wasn't a "smart foul" because he could have tripped him or pulled his shirt if that was what he was trying to do.

I'm one of Bartons biggest fans, football wise but he aint getting away with deliberately chopping down a player straight after he had lost possesion.

Smart foul would have been to clip his heals. Dangerous tackle IMO, couldn't have complained if he got sent off.

Thats absolute bollocks, never a sending off.  See the sentence I've highlighted

Anyone notice Barton letting the ball roll out for the corner and trying to con the referee into giving the goal kick? :lol:

Should have went for his foul near the dugout.

Aye, again i was very disapointed by this. It was pure laziness, he was under no pressure.

Smart foul would have been to clip his heals. Dangerous tackle IMO, couldn't have complained if he got sent off.

Thats absolute bollocks, never a sending off.  See the sentence I've highlighted

I have seen it and I fully disagree. It was dangerous, especially on the surface we were on. My view wouldn't change a jot if it was any other player.

Honesty anyone who says we were lucky obviously didnt watch the game,we could have been 4-1 up in the first half,clear handball from emre's free kick etc etc.

So please before posting saying we were lucky watch the game first bleh some f****** people  :kasper:

They're probably all just pissed off we didn't lose.

you can say that when you've been to 300+ nufc games, stupid comment

Using your criteria and having been to well over 300 games, i'll say it again then using different words: in my opinion, and that's all it is, the negativity of too many of our supporters is one of the key reasons we have played so badly.  The negativity, which is also all over this forum, at matches scares the players shitless. Barton and Mort were both right and brave to piont this out.

I have seen it and I fully disagree. It was dangerous, especially on the surface we were on. My view wouldn't change a jot if it was any other player.

Fair enough, we'll agree to disagree.  Do you think Milner should have gone at Boro?

Fair enough, we'll agree to disagree.  Do you think Milner should have gone at Boro?

Don't recall the challenge, what was it?

Dispossessed (sp?) (when attacking) by the full back who then set off up the field.  The challenge from Milner was pretty much the same as Barton's except the incident was about 60 yards from our goal.

If you can't remember it, it kind of proves my point, especially if you were there

i have to say after reading all of the post match reaction i'm astounded that no-one's mentioned the penalty. i know that sam doesnt specify a penalty taker and he leaves it up to the players but for fucks sake can martins please never be allowed to take a penalty EVER again? haway, we all know finishing is the weakest part of his game and yet he was allowed to take a MASSIVE pen, imagine the atmosphere if he missed that, he tried his f****** best to, what on earth was that run up about!?

positives, smith putting in another solid performance, starting to look like mr reliable, beye good AGAIN, milner worked hard and looked like he was always getting the best of his man, zoggy solid and potent going forward, barton looking more dangerous, if a bit erratic, good battling performance in our 3rd game of the week

negatives, rozenhal getting worse by the game, quite a bit of fan unrest at mis-placed passes, even when we retained possesion, fair play to the players for plugging away

i was in the newcastle arms before and after the game, afterwards everyone hushed for sams sky interview, everyone jeered when he mentioned the lads being tired after the 2 games previous, nice one lads, support

Scored again though. 

How do you know that the stupid run up didn't make the difference between Taylor just getting a touch to it and him actually saving it?

i dont know it wasnt the difference mate, it really didnt look like it was though, and in my opinion there's better finishers on the pitch, viduka for a start

Honesty anyone who says we were lucky obviously didnt watch the game,we could have been 4-1 up in the first half,clear handball from emre's free kick etc etc.

So please before posting saying we were lucky watch the game first bleh some f****** people  :kasper:

Using your criteria and having been to well over 300 games, i'll say it again then using different words: in my opinion, and that's all it is, the negativity of too many of our supporters is one of the key reasons we have played so badly.  The negativity, which is also all over this forum, at matches scares the players shitless. Barton and Mort were both right and brave to piont this out.

there's blatant negativity for the sake of negativity and there's seeing things for how they really are and not getting carried away with the result

Anyone notice Barton letting the ball roll out for the corner and trying to con the referee into giving the goal kick? :lol:

Should have went for his foul near the dugout.

that type of foul has never been a red in the premier league, it was a simple professional foul, he was at fault for losing it but i can see his thinking in bringing him down before he went too far, its never, ever a red though

i have to say after reading all of the post match reaction i'm astounded that no-one's mentioned the penalty. i know that sam doesnt specify a penalty taker and he leaves it up to the players but for fucks sake can martins please never be allowed to take a penalty EVER again? haway, we all know finishing is the weakest part of his game and yet he was allowed to take a MASSIVE pen, imagine the atmosphere if he missed that, he tried his f****** best to, what on earth was that run up about!?

Scored again though. 

i dont know it wasnt the difference mate, it really didnt look like it was though, and in my opinion there's better finishers on the pitch, viduka for a start

I don't know for certain, but I seem to remember Viduka's penalty record for Australia is / was pretty bad.  Assuming he is the player I am thinking of, but I'm pretty sure its him.

there's blatant negativity for the sake of negativity and there's seeing things for how they really are and not getting carried away with the result

not many people stay on to cheer AFTER the result mate, support means support, seeing things for how they are is different to groaning EVERY time something doesnt work

Dispossessed (sp?) (when attacking) by the full back who then set off up the field.  The challenge from Milner was pretty much the same as Barton's except the incident was about 60 yards from our goal.

If you can't remember it, it kind of proves my point, especially if you were there

You think Barton shouldn't have been sent off because I can't remember a challenge from 4 months ago? :lol:

If it was similar to Barton's today, then yes, he should have gone IMO.

Agreed.

Scored again though. 

I don't know for certain, but I seem to remember Viduka's penalty record for Australia is / was pretty bad.  Assuming he is the player I am thinking of, but I'm pretty sure its him.

ok, i'm not sure of his penalty record either, i just rate him as the better finisher, martins isnt anywhere near a competent finisher imo

You think Barton shouldn't have been sent off because I can't remember a challenge from 4 months ago? :lol:

If it was similar to Barton's today, then yes, he should have gone IMO.

See the bit that was highlighted in the post you have quoted about only talking about it because it's Barton.  Smart arse :lol: