The Three Greatest Players Of Your Lifetime

Tooj

In order.

1. Ronaldo

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5512/39140869ronaldobarcage3jy7.jpg

Get the status as during '96-'99 nobody actually comes close to being able to get anywhere near the ability he had shown, biggest was of talent I have ever seen, not because of what he achieved after the injuries, because he still managed to do it all. But for what he could have been. Still manages to score 20/30 goals a season without breaking a sweat. He was that good, I honestly believe he would have achieved the status of Pele/Maradona if things would have went his way.

2. Roberto Baggio

http://33.img.v4.skyrock.com/332/calaman/pics/902396690_small.jpg

Wrote off so many times during a career of sheer magical moments. For one who should have never even played after suffering an horrific knee injury while playing for Vicenza and it was a mircale he ever managed to recover. Seemed to perform at his best at clubs after being written off.

AC Milan discarding him only for him to join Bologna and finish the season with 22 league goals, then for Inter Milan to sign him, then yet again for him to be discarded by Marcelo Lippi once again.

This led to the final chapter in his career, becoming an absolute legend at Brescia, scoring 46 goals in 100 games and assisting countless others. Despite the fact he was 37 and still proving to be a top class performer at club level, many Italian fans clamored for a recall for him at Euro 2004, sadly this was not to be.

3. Zinedine Zidane

http://cwanderer.files.wordpress.com/2006/07/wc_2006_day19_zidane.jpg

A lot of people know, I'm not the greatest Zidane fan as in I do feel he has been overrated by several, however I still acknowledge the fact how good he actually was in his prime. The vision, the absolutely sublime ball control, his ability to bring others into play, his use of both feet, intelligence, all of these make Zidane number 3 on my list.

:thup:

Guest JamesyJazz

A really difficult answer to give.

1/Shearer,need I explain my choice?

2/Davie Cooper,winger for Glasgow Rangers in the 80's,one of the most gifted,underated players of the generation.Taken from football and life ohh!all too soon.

3/George Best,ok so I admire forwards and most of all wingers.I had the pleasure of watching George play against the Toon as an agast 10-11 year old at St James Park when terracing gave us an atmosphere that made your hair stand on end.

Seriously,to watch that man play was poetry in motion.

Thats my ''off the cuff choice'',don't hang me for em!.

There have been individuals who have been amazing at their respective jobs, but this is based upon players who I feel have dominated games and results with their play.

Rivaldo, Shearer and Scholes.

Bad choices, many of you will say, I'm sure! I have reasons though!

Guest JamesyJazz

Three players to nominate is an impossible task.

Better to ask for 11!Or where does one stop?

Banks,Beckenbaur,Gascoine,Bell,Steven......yeah so difficult,but fun!

Maradona, Van Basten, Zidane.

Could disagree with that.

might be an unpopular comment but watching Maradona gives me goose bumps. Almost sub-human ability for such a small fella.

Utter genius

I'd say most people who appreciate the true nature of football can all agree with that. :)

The lack of International caps Redondo obtained was quite a joke for someone of his ability.

Always remember his bit of skill to setup Raul at Old Trafford.

Good player but he never passed the ball more than 20 yards. What the fuck's he doing in here? ;)

best defenders then?

Maldini

Carlos

Cannavaro

Carlos? He's more renown for his attacking abilities than his defensive ones, Henry's goal versus Brazil at the last World Cup sums up Carlos' defensive abilities for me.

Thuram would also be a shout for myself.