Mort: I’m in charge

Mr Logic

The Emirates will pay itself off, that's why it's not a massive financial risk. The naming thing has already secured Arsenal £150m or so, so they're well on their way to securing enough money to pay for it.

And the other three, even though they have debts that would be massive risks for most clubs, they've got rich owners who can deal with it.

You would have said the same about the SJP expansion 5 years ago

And? 5 years ago no one could have predicted that we would be in the freefall that we were at the end of Fred's time. That's stunning, don't you think? 10 years ago I don't think many predicted that we'd be in financial trouble and our future would be looking seemingly bleak. That's the main thing I've been trying to say so far, though god knows I've tried my best to sound as confusing as possible.

??????

And in 5 years time Wenger may have let and Arsenal may be struggling to get 8th place in the Premier league.

You've said exactly what I was getting at, the Emirates looks sound now, SJP look sound 5 years ago

Aye, the MANAGER makes a massive difference, which is where we went wrong with the appointment of Souness, obviously.

.....or even the sacking of SBR?

The Emirates will pay itself off, that's why it's not a massive financial risk. The naming thing has already secured Arsenal £150m or so, so they're well on their way to securing enough money to pay for it.

And the other three, even though they have debts that would be massive risks for most clubs, they've got rich owners who can deal with it.

And? 5 years ago no one could have predicted that we would be in the freefall that we were at the end of Fred's time. That's stunning, don't you think? 10 years ago I don't think many predicted that we'd be in financial trouble and our future would be looking seemingly bleak. That's the main thing I've been trying to say so far, though god knows I've tried my best to sound as confusing as possible.

??????

And in 5 years time Wenger may have let and Arsenal may be struggling to get 8th place in the Premier league.

You've said exactly what I was getting at, the Emirates looks sound now, SJP look sound 5 years ago

Aye, the MANAGER makes a massive difference, which is where we went wrong with the appointment of Souness, obviously.

didn't hear too many voices against it at the time.

Never mind, after today, do you hope the club continue carrying on putting the books first, standby for more real mediocrity or worse. I thought when the Halls and Shepherd left, all this mediocrity would come to an end. I reckon we need a few of these quality trophy players to get up the league a bit, don't you

??????

Never mind, after today, do you hope the club continue carrying on putting the books first, standby for more real mediocrity or worse. I thought when the Halls and Shepherd left, all this mediocrity would come to an end. I reckon we need a few of these quality trophy players to get up the league a bit, don't you

Never mind trophey - upper mid table would do right about now

??????

yes as i'm pretty sure a different manager could have the current personnel playing well.

on the other hand would you like the club to go to the wall through chasing too much. ?

i suggest a happy medium.

??????

yes as i'm pretty sure a different manager could have the current personnel playing well.

on the other hand would you like the club to go to the wall through chasing too much. ?

the one sure way to go to the wall quicker than any other is to buy shit footballers, or buy no footballers

??????

No.

??????

the one sure way to go to the wall quicker than any other is to buy s*** footballers, or buy no footballers

the quickest way is to spend money you don't have.

I'll eagerly await the "big four" apart from Chelsea and most of the rest of the teams in the league going into administration then.

I'll eagerly await the "big four" apart from Chelsea and most of the rest of the teams in the league going into administration then.

ok then clevershite... "the quickest way is to spend money you don't have to the extent that it reaches a point where the financial institutions start wanting there money back or making it very hard to borrow again resulting in losing more and more money and the debts keep rising till you hit a leeds type scenario"

??????

I've always been unhappy with the sacking of SBR.

I dont know what agenda you have me trying to push but you have the wrong man, i wasnt for Shepard during his reign as chairmen, although i supported most of his decisions. I am not one of these people who think the new board are magically sorting out all the problems, but i am extremely encouraged by what has already occured with the new board, but i feel obliged to respond to some absolute stupendous critism of the new board which is borderline idiotic. considering that we are 5 months into their ownership. Whehther you turn out to be correct or wrong is irrelevant to me but to sit there and criticise something so quickly with absolutley NOTHING solid to back it up except for some loose misinterpretation is mind boggling to me.

Idiotic.

??????

No.

Yes. Cant understand why he was sacked and cant understand how after seeing all these years of hurt pre 1992 when "we were shit" you'd be happy to try and justify the sacking of a manager who's done extremly well for us, despite witnessing all these hard times. All said without even a hint of irony.

Strange how all these people who are slating having ambiton are unable to see this is how the top 4 became the top 4, and our relative success in our recent past has also came as a result of the same thing. Do they really think you can be successful unless you try to compete at the top levels ?

Quite amazing.

??????

I dont know what agenda you have me trying to push but you have the wrong man, i wasnt for Shepard during his reign as chairmen, although i supported most of his decisions. I am not one of these people who think the new board are magically sorting out all the problems, but i am extremely encouraged by what has already occured with the new board, but i feel obliged to respond to some absolute stupendous critism of the new board which is borderline idiotic. considering that we are 5 months into their ownership. Whehther you turn out to be correct or wrong is irrelevant to me but to sit there and criticise something so quickly with absolutley NOTHING solid to back it up except for some loose misinterpretation is mind boggling to me.

Idiotic.

A simple FACT, dear boy, is that Sir Bobby Robson's team was booed for only finishing 5th, this epitomised the feeling of a lot of fans at that time. I would presume those who booed the team that day were the same people - like booboo - who laugh at the team when they aren't performing well.

I'm not saying that you were one of those, because I don't know, but what I do know is if you ignore this comment, you are ignoring history. So don't start laying the blame at the feet of the board, they acted in what was thought was the decision to be made at the time. Most fans backed it - even those who didn't shamefully boo - the only problem was the replacement. What a shame we didn't find the next Arsene Wenger though during the last decade eh, how incompetent can you get

I think most people at the time would of been expecting Bobby to be sacked in the summer but Shep/board were bottlers at sacking people. The board tried to use the media to force Robson & Souness out but when that failed they had to get there hands dirty & do it.

??????

No.

Yes. Cant understand why he was sacked and cant understand how after seeing all these years of hurt pre 1992 when "we were shit" you'd be happy to try and justify the sacking of a manager who's done extremly well for us, despite witnessing all these hard times. All said without even a hint of irony.

I know you can't, which says something.....

??????

Idiotic.

A simple FACT, dear boy, is that Sir Bobby Robson's team was booed for only finishing 5th, this epitomised the feeling of a lot of fans at that time. I would presume those who booed the team that day were the same people - like booboo - who laugh at the team when they aren't performing well.

I'm not saying that you were one of those, because I don't know, but what I do know is if you ignore this comment, you are ignoring history. So don't start laying the blame at the feet of the board, they acted in what was thought was the decision to be made at the time. Most fans backed it - even those who didn't shamefully boo - the only problem was the replacement. What a shame we didn't find the next Arsene Wenger though during the last decade eh, how incompetent can you get

bloody hell man, the stuff you'll come out with to absolve them of any blame, unbelievable

??????

Idiotic.

I've really rattled you havent I?

I see there's another plug for your dismal webiste tacked onto the end of your latest article in the Mag. I always wonder why you dont have the courage to use your own name?

??????

Idiotic.

I've really rattled you havent I?

I see there's another plug for your dismal webiste tacked onto the end of your latest article in the Mag. I always wonder why you dont have the courage to use your own name?

booboo, the day I'm rattled by someone who thinks its clever to boo at their own players, is the day I give up. To be honest, you do nowt but give me a good bellyache, I can hardly stop laughing at you, you're an embarrassment.

You would have a chance of impressing me, if you took a proper part in these debates. Even those who I disagree with / proved wrong, are trying to do that.

Why don't you try to set up a message board ? I suspect its because you wouldn't have a clue where to start, nor writing articles -linked to internet message boards - with your own name on ? I suspect the hypocrisy will be something you don't understand.

There might not be too many posters on howaythetoon, but there aren't any idiots posting either complete rubbish or posts with no content whatsoever ie like you do.

??????

Idiotic.

bloody hell man, the stuff you'll come out with to absolve them of any blame, unbelievable

"they acted on what they thought was the decision to be made at the time". I fail to see how this is making excuses, unless you are going to tell us that the majority of fans didn't agree that it was time for a change ?

Guest Sniffer

What NE5 is saying is pretty much as I remember it. Most fans, and even SBR himself it seemed, had accepted that it was time for a change.

"they acted on what they thought was the decision to be made at the time". I fail to see how this is making excuses, unless you are going to tell us that the majority of fans didn't agree that it was time for a change ?

I didn't think it was the time for change and still don't, what has happened since that time suggests I was right.

What NE5 is saying is pretty much as I remember it. Most fans, and even SBR himself it seemed, had accepted that it was time for a change.

Bobby thought it was time for change?  I think you need to go back to the summer of his sacking and re-read what went on before making that kind of statement.

Guest Sniffer

Then you were in the minority in not wanting a change.

Subsequent events obviously could not be foreseen and had no impact on the decision