Mort: I’m in charge

Mr Logic

It doesn't matter who Luque and Owen replaced, they've both been poor signings.

Shame we didn't get Anelka and Boa Morte tbh, could of got both for what we paid for Owen.

Souness wanted both, or so the story goes.

But Shepherd wouldn't pay what either club wanted for them, then went out and paid an over the top fee for Owen because we were desperate at the end of the transfer window.

It doesn't matter who Luque and Owen replaced, they've both been poor signings.

shame you didn't tell us, before he signed, that Owen would have 2 major injuries.

No doubt you would have slated Fred if he had told his manager who he thought we should be signing

You'll never get anything.  mackems.gif

Why can't hindsight be employed to assess whether something was a success or not? I've never understood that argument.

Agreed. If someone makes a bad decision in hindsight, it means that they have bad foresight.

Why can't hindsight be employed to assess whether something was a success or not? I've never understood that argument.

Agreed. If someone makes a bad decision in hindsight, it means that they have bad foresight.

Yeah, and if I agreed too, I had bad foresight, but so fuck? It means nothing in the same way as if I had called something right really. It's the good (or lack of/poor) foresight in the person(s) whose responsibility it was to make the decision that matters. This doesn't just apply to the previous chairman by any means. I'll give you an example - most people were excited when we payed big fees for two teenagers - the highly-rated Jenas and Young European player of the year Viana. That doesn't mean you can't ultimately be critical about Robson's decision to sign them.

Is this a serious question or are you playing dumb again?

My question is a serious one, by the way.

Answer the question by all means.

That's a very, very simplistic way of looking at it.

shame you didn't tell us, before he signed, that Owen would have 2 major injuries.

No doubt you would have slated Fred if he had told his manager who he thought we should be signing

You'll never get anything.  mackems.gif

Nobody could have predicted the 2 major injuries, the muscular injuries were easily predicted and would have happened more often if he hadn't had the 2 others, at least that’s what his injury record hints at. 

you believe anything man, so long as it suits your "opinion"  mackems.gif

I'll base my opinion of the burden of proof while you base yours on that way you would like it to be, I'm happy to base mine on evidence and will form an opinion on that.  If the evidence suggested that it wasn't Shepherd's decision to sack Sir Bobby then I'd be happy to say so but it doesn't.

Again, it's over to you to change my mind with some proof, you keep going on about fact, try highlighting some.

Nah. Playing dumb is daft and I really can't be bothered with the toontastic type of stuff you like so much.

Nah. Playing dumb is daft and I really can't be bothered with the toontastic type of stuff you like so much.

Theres nothing wrong at all with using hindsight to assess whether a decision was a success or not.

Not sure if HTL is misinterpretting your post but i think he might mean that you cant use hindsight to assess whether a decision was right or wrong.

All I asked you to do was answer what I asked if you wanted. Why did you even bother with the last two responses? You gan on like a big bairn sometimes.

All I asked you to do was answer what I asked if you wanted. Why did you even bother with the last two responses? You gan on like a big bairn sometimes.

This thread has deffo gone off broadway.  bluerazz.gif

And if anyone doesn't understand what irony is...

I thought you didn't dodge questions btw.

I don't btw.

I don't btw.

You just did.