Chronicle says Kadar to sign today

SUPERTOON

hasn't this already been mentioned in a couple of threads?

Was going to put it in the Tozer thread but thought i would put it as seperate so people who dont know about it can read it.

Fair enough...

I do like his quotes and we certainly could use a versatile defender for the future.

Brilliant to see Sam signing promising youngsters, id like to think they are decent seen as Sam is getting them, knowing he knows his football better than Souness and Roeder of course, have we signed a good youngster (under 18) since SBR was here?

Newcastle are set to make a bid for Hungarian starlet Tamas Kadar, according to reports.

It is reported in Hungary by Obudaisport that St James' Park boss Sam Allardyce is considering a £650,000 move for the 17-year-old Zalaegerszeg defender.

Kadar is keen on a move when the January transfer window opens after recently undergoing a trial with Newcastle and playing in a friendly against Hartlepool.

When in England Kadar also spent time with Bolton, but Newcastle appear to have the edge as they would want the teenager - who has played for Hungary's Under 21 side - to ease their central defensive problems in the future.

Favourite place

"I really enjoyed being in England," Kadar told Skysports.com.

"In Bolton they would count me as a left-sided defender and in Newcastle I would play in the centre of the defence. I admit this (central) is my favourite place on the pitch.

"I know nothing about the financial details, but I did my very best and I know they both liked my performances.

"I was told that I would have a good chance to sign in England and my move might be realized in the winter transfer period."

Any chance of pasting the article out? stuck to using my mobile at work.

Newcastle are set to make a bid for Hungarian starlet Tamas Kadar, according to reports.

It is reported in Hungary by Obudaisport that St James' Park boss Sam Allardyce is considering a £650,000 move for the 17-year-old Zalaegerszeg defender.

Kadar is keen on a move when the January transfer window opens after recently undergoing a trial with Newcastle and playing in a friendly against Hartlepool.

When in England Kadar also spent time with Bolton, but Newcastle appear to have the edge as they would want the teenager - who has played for Hungary's Under 21 side - to ease their central defensive problems in the future.

Favourite place

"I really enjoyed being in England," Kadar told Skysports.com.

"In Bolton they would count me as a left-sided defender and in Newcastle I would play in the centre of the defence. I admit this (central) is my favourite place on the pitch.

"I know nothing about the financial details, but I did my very best and I know they both liked my performances.

"I was told that I would have a good chance to sign in England and my move might be realized in the winter transfer period."

Guest Knightrider

It's obvious to me that the coaching staff have looked at the academy and identified that a percentage of them aren't good enough in certain age groups and are going down the Arsenal route of filling it with youngsters that they believe to be better which is a good sign short-term but long-term the academy needs to make better use of local talent and that includes spotting them, developing them and creating the right kind of environment for them to succeed in once past the academy doors into the first-team.

It's obvious to me that the coaching staff have looked at the academy and identified that a percentage of them aren't good enough in certain age groups and are going down the Arsenal route of filling it with youngsters that they believe to be better which is a good sign short-term but long-term the academy needs to make better use of local talent and that includes spotting them, developing them and creating the right kind of environment for them to succeed in once past the academy doors into the first-team.

Sam said early doors that none of last seasons players got pro deals. A few weeks ago he commented on 17 to 20 years old saying we had only a few very good ones coming through. To be honest it is no surprise when you see some of the Newcastle young players Myspace accounts they think they have made it already. How the penny doesent drop for some of then when they speaking to x-mag juniors who now play at Gateshead/Newcastle Blue Star/Colleage teams in the USA & then in the next post chatting about getting p*ssed at Digital.  They need to keep the booze & late nights out of there minds when they could have career that will not only improve there lifes but also there familys as well

Obudaisport

:lol:

it is Óbudai Sport tbf. :lol: The hungarian article basically says: "According to reports in the English media - Daily Mail as referred later - Newcastle could make a move for about 650k." Basically its a rerun of a rumour in the Mail.

'Elmondása szerint nem feltétlenül azzal a szándékkal, hogy oda igazoljon – hiszen nagy álma Anglia -, de tudta: ezzel is sok tapasztalatot szerezhet.'

Hmmm... interesting. What does everyone else think?

'Elmondása szerint nem feltétlenül azzal a szándékkal, hogy oda igazoljon – hiszen nagy álma Anglia -, de tudta: ezzel is sok tapasztalatot szerezhet.'

Hmmm... interesting. What does everyone else think?

That's easy for you to say.

Its referring to his trials in Italy.

"He didn't plan to sign there - as his dream is to play in England -, but he knew he can get a lot of experience."

Its referring to his trials in Italy.

"He didn't plan to sign there - as his dream is to play in England -, but he knew he can get a lot of experience."

I knew that. We English are actually very good at other languages: most know at least 6 but we pretend we don't just to piss people off.