Obafemi Martins

Kev

thought he was poor today, has been on a few other occasions aswell. all because of sam allardyces shit tactics and a rubbish 4-3-3 formation

he will never look a good striker playing on the left/right wing

he wont track back, which is expected

he cant get many attempts on goal

he isnt the type of player who will help milner/beye and cross lots in

if big sam doesnt change his tactics then martins wont become a good strong player who will score every week

maybe the african cup of nations has come at the right time for him if hes not performing for us

He was well out of position on the right of a 4-4-2, but that in no way excuses the fact he has the first touch of a rapist. That combined with his general lack of awareness just creates rubbish.

Get him out the door and get some cash back?

Hire a coach to teach him "how to play like Bellamy"

Or else really, get some cash back. No wonder Inter sold him. His partnership with Adriano must be a nightmare (for Inter).

How hard is it to improve your first touch though? Fucking hell, if I was Sam, the only thing I'd make Martins do would be to receive passes from one of the coaches. Hell, I'd even appoint some fucking loser to just pass the ball repeatedly to Martins for the whole day. Surely that must help him?

How hard is it to improve your first touch though? f****** hell, if I was Sam, the only thing I'd make Martins do would be to receive passes from one of the coaches. Hell, I'd even appoint some f****** loser to just pass the ball repeatedly to Martins for the whole day. Surely that must help him?

Im personally of the belief that intense coaching can only improve your touch so much, ie, its all down to natural ability. For example, someone like Martins could be training every day for a year and his first touch wont ever be as good as someone like Kluivert who might not have kicked a ball for a year.

Hence, why the youth setup in this country needs to be looked at. Selecting kids based on physique will just result in a whole batch of footballers who arent as technically proficient as the competition, since in most cases good technique just cant be taught to players who lack it naturally. I think Martins would fall into this category.

I know he's not going to become like Zidane and starts floating around players with delicate little touches but we've seen minimal or actually no improvement in his first touch since he arrived. Surely coaches are there to actually coach these things? If not, what the fuck do they actually do?

I know he's not going to become like Zidane and starts floating around players with delicate little touches but we've seen minimal or actually no improvement in his first touch since he arrived. Surely coaches are there to actually coach these things? If not, what the fuck do they actually do?

Well Terry Mac is always scribbling notes for the subs before they go on. I didn't realise he could even write so maybe they aren't getting the credit they deserve?

Or else really, get some cash back. No wonder Inter sold him. His partnership with Adriano must be a nightmare (for Inter).

This must be some kind of wind up.  Oba's goal record is twice that of the gimp. 17 goals last season, when did Bell end last score 17 in a season?

This must be some kind of wind up.  Oba's goal record is twice that of the gimp. 17 goals last season, when did Bell end last score 17 in a season?

2005-2006

having missed half the season through injury, don't talk shit mate

Martins is a goalscorer, Bellamy is a player. Martins can't play football which is why when he is not upfront, he fails to perform in games.

People need to relax with the stats and see how the team is actually performing. See the shape of the team, the style of footie we're playing and whether we tend to look more likely to score than the opposition. For the most part of this season, we've always looked less likely to score than the opposition and that is because of the way we play. It needs to be changed. Martins contributes to the shapeless ineffective performances that we keep put in. Bellamy contributed to brilliant attacking organized performances when he was here. That's the key difference between the two players, not the fact that one can score a few more goals than the other. TEAM over individual tbh.

He increasingly looks like a sprinter who has just been thrown onto a football pitch. Can you imagine what N'Zogbia could have produced if he saw as much of the ball in that position? I appreciate it's an unnatural role for him, but his inability to make the most basic movement and complete the simplest of passes is beginning to grate.

Well Terry Mac is always scribbling notes for the subs before they go on. I didn't realise he could even write so maybe they aren't getting the credit they deserve?

Terry Mac is probably doing a Sudoku on that notepad.

I know he's not going to become like Zidane and starts floating around players with delicate little touches but we've seen minimal or actually no improvement in his first touch since he arrived. Surely coaches are there to actually coach these things? If not, what the f*** do they actually do?

Terry Mac is probably doing a Sudoku on that notepad.

crossing off his acculumator, cunt

The problem is, he also doesn't look good when playing Viduka's role.

I simply cannot figure out how to use Martins tbh.

Frankly who would buy him. No ball control and has gone backwards from last season.

That wasn't a note on tactics it was a tip for the racing on boxing day.

"toonhavepaidmefor years" in the 2.30 at Redcar.