Alan Smith

tmonkey

Are there? In the 2-3 mill range? Ready to play straight away?

Where has this price range come from?

That's what i was thinking. Hopefully that money would just boost our Kitty and help push through deals for already identified strikers.

I would be very disapointed with Healy or Nugent.

Leroy Lita, wouldn't be a bad shout though.

Guest Sniffer

Nugent knocked back 5 mill from Ipswicha s he didn't want to step down. Pompey want to move him so IMO, an offer in the 3 mill range might get him.

Surely buying Nugent would just be replacing one dud for another. If he isn't good enough for Pompey why would we want him?

Like Bellamy wasn't good enough for Coventry.

Sometimes its the wrong club for the wrong player.

Haven't seen enough of Nugent to say whether he would stand a chance up here, or be a 'Bellamy type catlyst' for us, just making the point that sometimes a club and player just aint good for eachother

Should go for a young striker wanting to make a name for themselves like Steven Fletcher from Hibs. Would be on about 1/5th of Smith's wages I'm sure.

Perpetually linked with Real Madrid, isn't he? Can't be bad.

He needs replacing in terms of the squad though, we simply can't rely on Owen and certainly Viduka. I'd prefer a young player than a cheapo though.

And Nugent is too old, eh Dave?

Where did I say that?

Should go for a young striker wanting to make a name for themselves like Steven Fletcher from Hibs. Would be on about 1/5th of Smith's wages I'm sure.

Yeah so they say. I've watched him play a lot and he has potential and a good attitude. Quick, strong in the air and a quality left foot.

Nugent is shite imo.

Vetere was the one scouting him apparently...

What the hell is this business with people coming out with stuff like Healy, Lita and Nugent? ??? I thought the idea of signing another striker was to get one that would be first choice, knocking everyone else (namely Viduka) one slot down the starting ladder? Not letting one gash player go, and signing a brand new fourth choice...

Darren Bent please. :smug:

What the hell is this business with people coming out with stuff like Healy, Lita and Nugent? ??? I thought the idea of signing another striker was to get one that would be first choice, knocking everyone else (namely Viduka) one slot down the starting ladder? Not letting one gash player go, and signing a brand new fourth choice...

Darren Bent please. :smug:

Because when you've spent £26m on your first 3 choice strikers, paying them combined probably in excess of £200k a week...logistically it might not be possible.

can't believe people are comparing nugent to bellamy, two very different players with different attitudes and ability

we need someone who is hardworking and hungry, as a previous poster said, someone who is young would fit this bill as they have something to prove

tbh, if smith leaves, i think we will struggle to get any strikers in as i don't think they were prepared for it, and its taken us ages to get some defenders in and that was top of the bill

with andy johnson leaving, it gives everton abit more money to sign both moutinho and a little left over possibly for a backup striker...aka smith

lets hope!

can't believe people are comparing nugent to bellamy, two very different players with different attitudes and ability

we need someone who is hardworking and hungry, as a previous poster said, someone who is young would fit this bill as they have something to prove

tbh, if smith leaves, i think we will struggle to get any strikers in as i don't think they were prepared for it, and its taken us ages to get some defenders in and that was top of the bill

with andy johnson leaving, it gives everton abit more money to sign both moutinho and a little left over possibly for a backup striker...aka smith

lets hope!

If that was aimed at my post, read it again and point out where I compared Nugent and Bellamy as players