Alan Smith

tmonkey

If this is true, I'd like to propose a ban on ever talking about Smith again. Ever.

But then what would we have to measure crapdom by ? "Is player xyz worse than Smith ?"

If we were in Everton's situation, with that size of squad and those mix of players we'd be just as desperate and we would be writing the exact same things here.

What mix of players is that then? We still probably have the best first 11 outside the top 4.

We just need to boost numbers.

Who is your starting 11 ?

Seriously 1878 what's your starting 11?  I'm curious now.

If we were in Everton's situation, with that size of squad and those mix of players we'd be just as desperate and we would be writing the exact same things here.

What mix of players is that then? We still probably have the best first 11 outside the top 4.

I'd take the Spurs *hock, spit*, Aston Villa & Portsmouth first XI's before the Everton first XI tbh.

Howard

Neville Yobo Lescott Baines

Rodwell

Pienaar Osman Cahill Arteta

Yakubu

Still think when everyone is fully fit Villa have the best eleven outside the top four, if only they had a bit of depth.

Villa, Tottenham, Pompy, Man City all have better starting line-ups then the one 1878 put up imo.

Anyway regarding Smith..i really hope its true, who the hell is Nicko btw?

I'd take the Spurs *hock, spit*, Aston Villa & Portsmouth first XI's before the Everton first XI tbh.

Villa? Really?  No, really?

And Spurs new midfield looks solid, but I'm not convinced. Cahill has made a believer of me.

Howard

Neville Yobo Lescott Baines

Rodwell

Pienaar Osman Cahill Arteta

Yakubu

Doesn't look that strong to me, Rodwell? Has he even played a Premiership game?

Just checked Rovers forum Nicko said its done deal tomorrow.

Who is he?!!

Tabloid hack that knows fuck all.

Not overly true.  I'd trust him over most ITK's we get around here.

Great news if true.  Shame it didn't work out for him though.

Guest Heneage

Who is he?!!

Tabloid hack that knows f*** all.

Tbf reading back, hes got alot of deals right. Shorey andYoung he was reporting last night.

Would be pleased to get Smith off the wage bill. He has always given 100% but hasn't been a success here, if he goes on the score goals for Everton then good luck to him; he wasn't going to do it here & his sale may allow us to make another signing (I should say it is now imperative that we sign a striker - a target man - not David Healy).

Would be pleased to get Smith off the wage bill. He has always given 100% but hasn't been a success here, if he goes on the score goals for Everton then good luck to him; he wasn't going to do it here & his sale may allow us to make another signing (I should say it is now imperative that we sign a striker - a target man - not David Healy).

Absolutely, agree with the sentiment, it was a bad move for him, whether it works at Everton who knows. I also think if KK is willing to let him move on we have a midfielder and Striker lined up to come in.

You lucky, lucky bastards. 3m for Smith? Jesus. Poor 1878.

re Villa's starting XI.

Friedel

Shorey/Bouma - Laursen - Davies - Young (assuming signs)

Young - Reo-Coker - Sidwell - new RM

Carew - Agbonlahor

That's not bad, but we need a right sided mifielder and could do with a proven goalscorer. And potentially more creativity in the middle of the field. The problem is depth.

I still think Everton will do very well next year. Spurs have the strongest XI by some way.

again, agree with the above sentiments, really wanted it to work out for him, but it didnt in epic proportions!

Now, who is the striker we all want?

As already said, Ashton would be ideal, but there is still something about Gomis which makes me think he would be an awesome coup!

Who is he?!!

Tabloid hack that knows f*** all.

Tbf reading back, hes got alot of deals right. Shorey andYoung he was reporting last night.

Remind me to rape and eat him if this turns out be false..