Given - Beaten Easily From Long Range Again.

Crumpy Gunt

Guest The Libertine

im fuming at this thread!!!11!! i cant believe somebody thinks this!! im soooo angry!!!!!!!!!!!

the reply you wanted? such a bore.

I said a while ago about Shay not being very good at saving long range shots & someone cant remember who said saving long range shots was one of his strengths :yikes:

Of course they are wonder strikes because they usually from miles out. Most managers playing us are telling there players to have a pop because they know Shay is prone to letting mega blasts in.

Guest The Libertine

im fuming at this thread!!!11!! i cant believe somebody thinks this!! im soooo angry!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems folk are happy to accept that Given is concedeeding a few too many fom range.

an old WUM. how tragic. its just as bad as seeing an old goth.

It seems folk are happy to accept that Given is conceding a few too many fom range.

He must be letting them in deliberatly tbh, between him doing that and Owen deliberately getting injured we are fucked.

Given is past his best.

Disagree with that Chez. I'll still think he's got another couple of seasons at his peak.

He's still good enough for us but i think Given of a couple of seasons ago would have got to that first one yesterday.

Can anyone name a better keeper we've had?

Who has been as consistent over a number of years?

Shay Given of previous seasons was better than this seasons.

2 shots on target yesterday = 2 goals was yesterday damming stat.

I would've fancied him to save it, I'm not going to lie.

The shot should never have got to him mind, but thats a different debate.

In his defence he's only played 10 games this season and was out for lengthy spells last year.

Like I've said earlier in this thread, we've been lucky to have him over the last 10 years and we shouldn't be too quick to forget what he's brought to the club imo.

He's the least of our problems when compared to the other areas of the pitch.

Like I've said earlier in this thread, we've been lucky to have him over the last 10 years and we shouldn't be too quick to forget what he's brought to the club imo.

I agree but this season is the first for a long time that some people have thought Harper should start instead of Shay. Hopefully Paul Barron can come in & get Shay on the up again.

Can anyone name a better keeper we've had?

Who has been as consistent over a number of years?

I don't care about the past, tbh. All that matter is now. Unfortunately Given has looked very poor in recent weeks, and was slower than a bus when he went down for Barnes' effort.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

I can think of 10 positions that you should strengthen before replacing Given. I reckon he is still one of the best keepers in the prem.