This Liverpool jizzfest.

Optimistic Nut

Not often I get to say "I told you so" on here, but, "I told you so". :lol:

You've been pretty much spot on, got to admit.  Still though, I reckon they'll be in the top four come the end of the season.  Probably get pushed by Villa or Spurs (I've no idea how well, or bad, Spurs are even doing mind you) for it.

You've been pretty much spot on, got to admit. Still though, I reckon they'll be in the top four come the end of the season. Probably get pushed by Villa or Spurs (I've no idea how well, or bad, Spurs are even doing mind you) for it.

Well, big surprise there?

No matter how shite they play in start of the season, pretty much always top 4 is Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal in the end of the season. Maybe once in 3 years someone else can push between them.

Funny enough i was thinking that earlier because i think you were the only person saying Liverpool wouldnt do well, I honestly thought Liverpool had everything to push for the title but they seem average at best.

Benitez would also probably play Parker right-wing...

I know what you mean though. I personally think Benitez is over-rated. Up against Flamini, Fabregas & Gilberto as a midfield central-trio, what does he do? Plays England's best midfielder out wide and puts Zenden up against them...genius.

Benitez would also probably play Parker right-wing...

I know what you mean though. I personally think Benitez is over-rated. Up against Flamini, Fabregas & Gilberto as a midfield central-trio, what does he do? Plays England's best midfielder out wide and puts Zenden up against them...genius.

However 'overated' you feel Benitez is, he has brought them more glory in his short stint that we could shake any sort of stick at.

I sort of agree with Rafa being a bit over-rated, only slightly.  Winning the CL was the best and worst thing that ever happened for him.  It almost certainly won him many, many fans, but the demand is so high now.  He struck it lucky with that, but I also think Jose did too.  I think Mourinho would be doing much the same sort of job as Rafa if he wasn't swimming in the billions of his owner.  Rafa does appear to be getting found out. 

He's still improving Liverpool.  From 5th, to 3rd (was it?) and I'm fairly certain he'll get them at least fourth this year.  If he's ever going to challenge for the title, he's going to have to sort something.  I think he's pretty un-ambitious in his transfer policy, and in my opinion, it's not payed off.  Teams take time to gel, regardless, and I'm certain they'll improve this year and again next year.  He's building a team, and it's not easy when you have the likes of Chelsea and Man U, with their spending power. 

Without a doubt.

But if Gerrard skies "that" goal against Olympiakos in the Champions League group stage in 2004, which would have happened 95 times out of 100, it would be an entirely different story.

Can't live on ifs and buts though.  Just about every team that's won the CL in the last ten years have been lucky in some way, shape or form. 

Guest Knightrider

Are people still questioning Benitez's ability as a manager? :lol:

It is his first blip in charge you could say, in the short 3 years he's been at the club he has done a magnificent job, he's cut out every last aspect of Houllier almost and transformed the club's entire culture. If being in mid-table AFTER 13 GAMES OR SO or getting beaten off Arsenal in year THREE of an era that has already yeilded the Champions League, two consecutive top 5 finishes, a League Cup final and an FA Cup win not to mention numerous broken records, is a crisis or a sign of how poor or overrated Benitez is, **** me gently for the world had gone mad :lol:

This is where Newcastle fall down but I don't think Liverpool will:

In order to be successful on the pitch, off the pitch has to be spot on first and that takes a great deal of time and change.

While Liverpool are struggling in the league their new scouting network are doing deals with a whole host of clubs and youngsters to bring in the next generation of top talent and their board are looking at outside investment and a new stadium, and so on and so on. All things Benitez has had a hand in or is advising on while he also gets to grips with his team on the pitch.

If the two dovetail they will go on to even greater success.

I'd gladly wait 5 years for just a sample of that type of professional set-up to come to fruition at Newcastle.

Still, I wouldn't swap Roeder for him like, or our team for theirs...

Are people still questioning Benitez's ability as a manager? :lol:

It is his first blip in charge you could say, in the short 3 years he's been at the club he has done a magnificent job, he's cut out every last aspect of Houllier almost and transformed the club's entire culture. If being in mid-table AFTER 13 GAMES OR SO or getting beaten off Arsenal in year THREE of an era that has already yeilded the Champions League, two consecutive top 5 finishes, a League Cup final and an FA Cup win not to mention numerous broken records, is a crisis or a sign of how poor or overrated Benitez is, **** me gently for the world had gone mad :lol:

This is where Newcastle fall down but I don't think Liverpool will:

In order to be successful on the pitch, off the pitch has to be spot on first and that takes a great deal of time and change.

While Liverpool are struggling in the league their new scouting network are doing deals with a whole host of clubs and youngsters to bring in the next generation of top talent and their board are looking at outside investment and a new stadium, and so on and so on. All things Benitez has had a hand in or is advising on while he also gets to grips with his team on the pitch.

If the two dovetail they will go on to even greater success.

I'd gladly wait 5 years for just a sample of that type of professional set-up to come to fruition at Newcastle.

Still, I wouldn't swap Roeder for him like, or our team for theirs...

and he's  playing gerrard wide right and zenden through the middle.........that would have him sacked at SJP.

Considering in 3 years nearly he's supposed to have turned Liverpool into a title challenger, 4 points from a possible 45 against Chelsea, Arsenal & Man Utd is appalling. First blip in charge? In his first season he was shocking in the Premiership. Granted he won the Champions League, but he had a helluva lot of luck.