Lets get this Emre thing straight.

STM

Is he an attacking player tho? Whenever I see him he's always sat right back getting the ball from defenders and (ahem) "creating" from the halfway line. Like a shit Xabi Alonso. Has he got it in his locker to play further up. Cos he doesnt do it naturally from what i see.

Moreso than that being Emre's natural game, in the teams he's played in while at NUFC I think that's been his main hope of getting the ball at his feet. Because our centre-halves have been so inept with the ball at their feet in recent times, we've consistently seen the likes of Emre, Parker and Dyer having to collect the ball from their toes and try to start attacks themselves (leaving us overrun in midfield on many occasions).

I simply think Emre is a good footballer, for what that's worth these days. Like if you put the squad into a 1-v-1 tournament, he'd be right up there because of his ability and nouse alone. I know that doesn't particularly count for much in some people's eyes, but the more football we play the better in my eyes. I do think he'd perform well in a team that plays it on the deck and plays pass and move, unlike a lot of our players.

Emre gives the ball away a hell of a lot when I've seen him though. Not so much this season where he hasn't had the chance to play much.

Definitely a fitness thing with Emre, and you really can't blame Sam for this.

Emre does look like he is carrying too much weight and he has a history of injuries which further suggests his fitness isn't up to scratch.

If Emre leaving means we bring in someone like Arshavin to replace him then I'm all for it.

If anything, based on David James' recent column and Sam's previous comments about getting Emre "fitter so that he can perform to his right level over a longer period of time" I think he could be the main one who wouldn't be selected because of fitness more than form, under Allardyce at least.

ITK-tastic - I heard he was fat as fuck when Allardyce arrived, and was training like a bastard to try get fit.

If anything, based on David James' recent column and Sam's previous comments about getting Emre "fitter so that he can perform to his right level over a longer period of time" I think he could be the main one who wouldn't be selected because of fitness more than form, under Allardyce at least.

ITK-tastic - I heard he was fat as fuck when Allardyce arrived, and was training like a bastard to try get fit.

I remember him having plenty of "extra sessions" to get fitter, it was in a few videos on Newcastle World and particularly during the now famous Austrian Training Camp.

Maybe I just like him because he's got a bit of flair, who knows, but he certainly stands out amongst the current dross we deploy in the centre of the park. I exclude Nicky Butt from that, because he's been excellent recently.

Emre's biggest problem is that most of our fans think he was a creative midfielder before he came here and expect too much from him in an attacking sense.

He's a player that is never going to stand out in a team that plays the way we have under the past 3 managers, yet if he was in the Arsenal team he wouldn't look out of place with their pass and move game.

Emre's biggest problem is that most of our fans think he was a creative midfielder before he came here and expect too much from him in an attacking sense.

He's a player that is never going to stand out in a team that plays the way we have under the past 3 managers, yet if he was in the Arsenal team he wouldn't look out of place with their pass and move game.

Sadly I think we have a number of players that could fit in nicely at other clubs. We just can't them all going together.

Fuck me, that's depressing.

EDIT: Compounded by this thread leading to me searching for "Emre" on one of them famous video websites and marvelling at the results.

Now before people mention Luque, I still reckon he looked bollocks for the most part on those highlights :lol:

He could kick the ball hard, aye, but technically he still looked poor.

The truth is that Emre is still living off his past reputation and those you tube clips.

People say our team is so bad that he could never look good in it.

How come Solano managed it then? Solano even made an impact and influenced our attacking play playing at right-back for goodness sake!

Emre stinks right now and that is the fact of things. Got the start against Wigan and couldn't even do one thing that was of any note.

Emre has the ability but something inside him died when Souness was sacked.

The truth is that Emre is still living off his past reputation and those you tube clips.

How come Solano managed it then? Solano even made an impact and influenced our attacking play playing at right-back for goodness sake!

Emre stinks right now and that is the fact of things. Got the start against Wigan and couldn't even do one thing that was of any note.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Souness was his hero don't you know :smug:

http://img.search.com/thumb/2/2a/Souness_flag.jpg/300px-Souness_flag.jpg

Only because of this.  :smug:

http://img.search.com/thumb/2/2a/Souness_flag.jpg/300px-Souness_flag.jpg

Only because of this.  :smug:

Yup, that's the one :lol:

Guest Undertaker

i dont rate emre at all and i couldnt care less if we sold him. However I believe he shud be in our starting 11 because he cant be any worse than barton has been and he is probly our best attacking/creative midfielder

When ever I think of Emre now I remember back to about 2 years of corners and freekicks never clearing the first man.  Also whenever he does make a come back some dumb defender from what ever rubbish side is beating us at the time usually jumps on the same ankle he always injures from behind crocks him and gets away with it.

If we bought a deep lying playmaker (someone in the Tugay mould) it would be perfect for Emre. He may not be the most creative in the world but he tries to be positive and also travels with the ball from central positions and that type of player is what we're lacking badly. If we were to get someone in who could get the ball off the defence and then feed Emre in further up the pitch we'd see a lot more from him i reckon, at the mo we simply don't have that and when Emre is playing he drops far, far too deep to get the ball.

The we could play something like (Tugay in as example):

------Tugay-----Butt------

-----------Emre-----------

If Sam keeps playing 433 and really get allow him to express himself, which I don't think he has been able to do in his time here yet. All the time it seems he tries to force things too early and ends up losing it a lot of the time. Would work well in the 'hole' position IMO. Look forward to seeing him alongside some decent players that have an ounce of creativity we hopefully get in Jan.

Back in the Inter days he also attracted tons of disputes like this---he is an excellent player but never able to perform up to his standards.

Finally Inter give up and sold him to us for 3.5m.

if he manages to stay fit and injury free for euro08, please watch and see how Terim uses Emre in the national team. Terim knows him well from the days he was at Galatasaray. I think you'll see a different Emre...

That is true. Emre always seems to be quite good for Turkey, and they're successful enough as well. Not that I'm saying we should be building a team around Emre, but it's certainly interesting to see how they operate and then maybe using Emre in a similar role here.

That is true. Emre always seems to be quite good for Turkey, and they're successful enough as well. Not that I'm saying we should be building a team around Emre, but it's certainly interesting to see how they operate and then maybe using Emre in a similar role here.

I'm not a massive fan but I will concede he has the advantage of being amongst people who can play football when he plays for Turkey. Unlike at Newcastle.