NUFC restored as everyones favourite second team

Guest Brazilianbob

People can apologise for SA as much as they want, truth is, he's under performed and it so have the team and there's only one person to blame, him.

The fans expectations are as low as ever, all we wanted was clear progression, and i think thats not too much to ask for, clearly it is, and while Sam fuks on with his one dimensional football we as a club fall further away from those who are building proper foundations but are also doing the business now.

But are we doing s***? No.

Were in mid table, yes we are inconsistent, yes our football is s*** but we are hardly in turmoil! We were never going to finish above top 8, I'm sorry if this offends people but our squad was never going to be up to it.

Sam inherrited a side full of s***, got rid of the worst, tried to attract the players he needed and did well with some, s*** with others. A couple of players bounced us back, but is it a surprise? Are we an attractive prospect? No. Just look in the three siginings thread. Think realistically who would come? Aimed at no one in particular players like VDV and Diego will never come to a mid table premiership side.

The need now is to work with what we have, provide some stability, attempt to bring in some payers who can do a job, raise our reputation and push us towards europe in a season or two. I seriuosly doubt cutting off Sam is the right move, look at the clubs doing well, Blackburn, Villa, Everton - all stuck with their managers, even in the harder times and now reaping the rewards. We are last years Aston Villa tbh.

We could be this year's Citeh (best of the rest) without the goals if we played everyone in position in a 442.

It really is that simple.

I don't believe this to be true. But we can never know. Will the magic 4-4-2 make our players play as a team?

I don't agree or disagree. Its an unkonwn thing tbh. Wouldn't we still hoof it in 4-4-2?

I think I put all my points in that post. I doubt a formations change is the problem.

The issue for me is the mentality. Sam needs to start thinking to go out and play so the other side have to contain us. I hope he can change before we sack again..

The mentality issue is a huge problem, but the players are far more comfortable in a 442 we'd certainly have at least 10 more points if we played that all season.

What are you bumbling about you jumped up moron?

Name calling very good. NE5 style posting no good.

Sorry, couldn't understand what tosh you were speaking, not that am that arsed, only i do like to reply to people who quote me, even if they are talking gibberish.

I think he was trying to say that a team considered half-decent isn't good enough to finish mid-table.

Spurs have a half decent squad, Everton have one too, they manage it (Europe) Everton on a shoestring budget nevermind billionaire owner.

And how long has Moyes been in charge?

How long has Sven been in charge?

Look you keep pointing to Man City... first off, we're only half way through the season. The wheels may yet come off. Second, and as I've already pointed out, they are one huge exception. We couldn't have expected to do half as well as they have. Any sensible supporter knew this would be a tough season for both clubs. As it happens Man City have performed well above expection. Doesn't mean we should expect it too.

While I'm on...

Everton under Moyes:

02/03 – 7th (no Europe)

03/04 – 17th (no Europe)

04/05 – 4th (Champion's league)

05/06 – 11th (no Europe)

06/07 – 6th (UEFA)

At what point would he have been sacked as Newcastle manager?

Great point.

Time is the most important factor in his success. He signed a lot of carp too. Now they are a good side, easily top 8. Thing is are expectations lower there? Did the fans expect like ours? I doubt it..

In that first season though Moyes had shown enough to warrant being given the benefit of the doubt during that tough 2nd season. Had he finished 17th in his first season, how many of us think he would have remained ?

Everton oviously, rightly, took the view that this man was capable of developing a good side over time - because of what happened in that first season. Compare that with what is happening with us now.

Anyone have the details of where Everton were at after 6 months of Moyes's reing.

Glen Roeder?

Anyone with an ounce of sense knew it was more the effect of Souness leaving than it was Roeders management

Chris Waddle on BBC.co.uk

The fans are frustrated because they like their entertaining football and the football now is not entertaining... ...When Kevin Keegan came back to the club he brought a lot of entertaining football... ...Now the football is not entertaining... ...On the whole they have not got players who entertain the crowd.

Shocking to think this retard gets paid to voice his opinions.

I can't see us being consistant at all this season, and I think thats not a surprise considering the state of the club at the end of last season.

A state of the club caused by being too patient with managers who were clearly taking us in the wrong direction unfortunately...

Spot on.  Any manager that doesn't turn us into a top 6 team within a few months should be sacked.  Fuck continuity, stability, development, team rebuilding and planning for the future.  We demand success now.

Spot on, that's exactly what people were saying.  The only two possibilities are being a top six club or playing awful football against abysmal opposition, fielding a team that look unmotivated and unsure of what they're doing and making Souness style selection and substitution decisions.  I'm not saying we should sack him now but neither should we let this go on for another year with no hint of improvement, plough loads of money into his long term plan  and then say "Ah well, maybe he was wrong for it after all.  Next."  Backing lame duck managers with too much time and far too much money is what got us in to this situation.  If Sam wants to be trusted and backed with his long term plan he needs to show that he knows what he's doing very soon.

No-one's demanding trophies or top six finishes.  I don't think it's greedy or impatient to want to look like we have the slightest chance or interest in picking up points from games against piss-poor opposition or wanting toget the best out of the players we have available on the day.

Chris Waddle quoted on BBC.co.uk

The fans are frustrated because they like their entertaining football and the football now is not entertaining... ...When Kevin Keegan came back to the club he brought a lot of entertaining football... ...Now the football is not entertaining... ...On the whole they have not got players who entertain the crowd.

Shocking to think this retard gets paid to voice his opinions. Couldn't someone have thought to get him a thesaurus for Christmas?

;D

Shocking to think this retard gets paid to voice his opinions. Couldn't someone have thought to get him a thesaurus for Christmas?

Probably thinks they're extinct.

To be fair to him isn't this what the complaints about? Shit football?

Our league position isn't shit is it?

Guest LucaAltieri

Anyone with an ounce of sense knew it was more the effect of Souness leaving than it was Roeders management

Yeah, probably. I still think you're giving our fans way too much credit, though.

Probably thinks they're extinct.

Very good :D

To be fair to him isn't this what the complaints about? Shit football?

Our league position isn't shit is it?

Isn't the complaint more about your side failing to get anywhere near its potential more than once a month.

And a distinct lack of pelanties.

Isn't the complaint more about your side failing to get anywhere near its potential more than once a month.

Exactly.  If you have to actually sit through the matches and see us waste that potential week after week it's more difficult to be positive than if you just look at the league table and think "Hmm, 10th. That's not bad.  And we played well against xxxx on Sky the other week."

Exactly.  If you have to actually sit through the matches and see us waste that potential week after week it's more difficult to be positive than if you just look at the league table and think "Hmm, 10th. That's not bad.  And we played well against xxxx on Sky the other week."

Becareful NE5 haunting you and sharing with you his proud history of watching Newcastle United even before he (or Newcastle United) ws born.

But we were never going to be a rampaging beautiful football machine. Which brings us back to the original point. We are a mid table side - inconsistancy is part of the role.

think the complaint is having to watch professional footballers fail to execute the basic skills needed to get even into a school team... i.e. being able to pass the ball to a team mate

think the complaint is having to watch professional footballers fail to execute the basic skills needed to get even into a school team... i.e. being able to pass the ball to a team mate

In a competition you are bound to have better participants and not so good participants.

If indeed in your ideal world all professional footballers are able to pass the ball to teammates despite under immense oppositioin closing down pressure, crowd pressure, expectation pressure etc, you will still find something else to moan at the lesser gifted professional players.

Guest Brazilianbob

People can apologise for SA as much as they want, truth is, he's under performed and it so have the team and there's only one person to blame, him.

The fans expectations are as low as ever, all we wanted was clear progression, and i think thats not too much to ask for, clearly it is, and while Sam fuks on with his one dimensional football we as a club fall further away from those who are building proper foundations but are also doing the business now.

But are we doing s***? No.

We're in mid table, yes we are inconsistent, yes our football is s*** but we are hardly in turmoil! We were never going to finish above top 8, I'm sorry if this offends people but our squad was never going to be up to it.

Sam inherrited a side full of s***, got rid of the worst, tried to attract the players he needed and did well with some, s*** with others. A couple of players bounced us back, but is it a surprise? Are we an attractive prospect? No. Just look in the three siginings thread. Think realistically who would come? Aimed at no one in particular players like VDV and Diego will never come to a mid table premiership side.

The need now is to work with what we have, provide some stability, attempt to bring in some payers who can do a job, raise our reputation and push us towards europe in a season or two. I seriously doubt cutting off Sam is the right move, look at the clubs doing well, Blackburn, Villa, Everton - all stuck with their managers, even in the harder times and now reaping the rewards. We are last years Aston Villa tbh.

I've been watching this club for over 40 years now and believe me I know a sh*t team and a cr*p manager when I see them and fatty is cr*p on a par with Souness, Bill Mc Garry, Jim Smith, Willie Mc Faul, Richard Dinnis et al.

On an aside note, Moyes made in instant impact at Everton which earned him a reprieve the following year when they were cr*p, since then he has been fairly consistent in building the side up.

That is what the fans are asking for from fatty, an instant positive impact over the first season in charge, that shows he has the ability to build and improve the side.  There has been no evidence whatsoever that he can have anything other than a negative impact on our club hence the fans refusal to allow him time to rebuild the side.

Put simply, on the evidence so far, if he was a bricklayer, the wall would be leaning very dangerously.

I've been watching this club for over 40 years now and believe me I know a sh*t team and a cr*p manager when I see them and fatty is cr*p on a par with Souness, Bill Mc Garry, Jim Smith, Willie Mc Faul, Richard Dinnis et al.

On an aside note, Moyes made in instant impact at Everton which earned him a reprieve the following year when they were cr*p, since then he has been fairly consistent in building the side up.

That is what the fans are asking for from fatty, an instant positive impact over the first season in charge, that shows he has the ability to build and improve the side.  There has been no evidence whatsoever that he can have anything other than a negative impact on our club hence the fans refusal to allow him time to rebuild the side.

Put simply, on the evidence so far, if he was a bricklayer, the wall would be leaning very dangerously.

You're making it sound like we've had no good games at all this season, which is simply not true.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3006596,00.html (good article) read this and take notice on my signature. Some posts on these pages are very true and very down to earth :thup: Expecting us to preform better than we do is b***s***. To be honest, at times I hate Allardyce (the games that we loose), but before I know it, luckily enough, I still believe he's the right man to turn things around.... given time

In a competition you are bound to have better participants and not so good participants.

If indeed in your ideal world all professional footballers are able to pass the ball to teammates despite under immense oppositioin closing down pressure, crowd pressure, expectation pressure etc, you will still find something else to moan at the lesser gifted professional players.

ALL professional footballers should be able to pass and control the ball. Under near enough every condition. For me, if they cannot do it then they shouldnt be in the game

Of course they arent going to do it every time, humans just cant do that but our team seem incapable of doing it to any kind of professional consistently.

Plus, I dont think any of our players are "lesser gifted" which means they arent being encouraged to play any kind of passing/possession game.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3006596,00.html (good article) read this and take notice on my signature. Some posts on these pages are very true and very down to earth :thup: Expecting us to preform better than we do is b***s***. To be honest, at times I hate Allardyce (the games that we loose), but before I know it, luckily enough, I still believe he's the right man to turn things around.... given time

At least the manager and players are on good terms eh

Look at Man City. As bad, if not worse than us last season. They have had a good season so far.

Sven is an international class manager and had a year to scout the players he brought in.

Allardyce has been managing in this league for years, and is shite.

We will never be any good with Allardyce in charge - he's an idiot.

Look at Man City. As bad, if not worse than us last season. They have had a good season so far.

Sven is an international class manager and had a year to scout the players he brought in.

Allardyce has been managing in this league for years, and is shite.

We will never be any good with Allardyce in charge - he's an idiot.

That as well. :lol:

ALL professional footballers should be able to pass and control the ball. Under near enough every condition. For me, if they cannot do it then they shouldnt be in the game

Of course they arent going to do it every time, humans just cant do that but our team seem incapable of doing it to any kind of professional consistently.

Plus, I dont think any of our players are "lesser gifted" which means they arent being encouraged to play any kind of passing/possession game.

Well, if you deem the majority of Newcastle United first team not bein able to control and pass the ball, then how do you see the vast vast vast majority of professional footballers who earn a living by playing football in all over the world, including those in Iraq, Malaysia, Spain or England?

Shola Ameobi not a professional footballer then, despite scoring quite some goals in Premiership? Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard not professional footballers then, despite representing England National Football Team countless times?

I think you are living in a fallacy with your own fancy definition of professional footballers, you are out of touch with the real world and your opinions on football should not be heeded henceforth.

Well, if you deem the majority of Newcastle United first team not bein able to control and pass the ball, then how do you see the vast vast vast majority of professional footballers who earn a living by playing football in all over the world, including those in Iraq, Malaysia, Spain or England?

Shola Ameobi not a professional footballer then, despite scoring quite some goals in Premiership? Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard not professional footballers then, despite representing England National Football Team countless times?

I think you are living in a fallacy with your own fancy definition of professional footballers, you are out of touch with the real world and your opinions on football should not be heeded henceforth.

Oh, he's a professional footballer. Just a shit one.

I honestly havent a clue what that is meant to be telling me