Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest alijmitchell

Wages shouldn't be a stumbling block with our financial backing imo. If Modric simply doesn't want to come then fair enough but offering £10-20 mill for him and then not giving him a sufficient wage just sounds stupid.

Don't you get the impression that the money is there, but we're not willing to pay over our own evaluation for players? They're not like Shepherd, who would probably say something like "Sod it, offer him £120k per week!" :S

Oh sweet lord...see you all in about 20 pages when this gets resolved then...

Wages shouldn't be a stumbling block with our financial backing imo. If Modric simply doesn't want to come then fair enough but offering £10-20 mill for him and then not giving him a sufficient wage just sounds stupid.

Don't you get the impression that the money is there, but we're not willing to pay over our own evaluation for players? They're not like Shepherd, who would probably say something like "Sod it, offer him £120k per week!" :S

The same Shepherd who refused to sign Anelka and Boa Morte based on the fact that he wasn't willing to pay over our own evaluation for players?

He's talking about wages isn't he? I don't remember Shepherd turning anyone down over wages tbh.

Not like you to disagree for the sake of it ;)

I made the point that Shepherd wasn't the "fuck it, it's only money" type that the poster was making him out to be. I've never seen wage negotiations hit the papers though tbh.

1 lets all have a disco lets all have a disco la la la la, la la la la

The same Shepherd who refused to sign Anelka and Boa Morte based on the fact that he wasn't willing to pay over our own evaluation for players?

He's talking about wages isn't he? I don't remember Shepherd turning anyone down over wages tbh.

Not like you to disagree for the sake of it ;)

I made the point that Shepherd wasn't the "fuck it, it's only money" type that the poster was making him out to be. I've never seen wage negotiations hit the papers though tbh.

:o Weren't we in serious debt when Ashley took over? :S

Anyway, thats's not important, got any more info on the Modric situation?

It's like a fucking pub around here.

Someone makes an innocent remark....

Someone takes it out of context.....

They reply with something about shepard.....

and before you know it 30 pages have gone by, noone has changed their opinion and then it starts all over again in a new thread.

You people are forum cancer, and this place seems to be terminal ;)

It's like a fucking pub around here.

Someone makes an innocent remark....

Someone takes it out of context.....

They reply with something about shepard.....

and before you know it 30 pages have gone by, noone has changed their opinion and then it starts all over again in a new thread.

You people are forum cancer, and this place seems to be terminal ;)

Mine's a lager.

I'd aim higher  :snod:

Guest icemanblue

Ok, all hope is not lost. I'm close to someone involved in this deal, I won't say who or how or any of that bollocks. You can believe me or not. I've heard within the last 5 minutes that 'officials' will be meeting in London tomorrow to finalise details on the deal.

This is all I've heard. I'm not claiming that it's concrete or anything. Just watch this space. 

Ok, all hope is not lost. I'm close to someone involved in this deal, I won't say who or how or any of that bollocks. You can believe me or not. I've heard within the last 5 minutes that 'officials' will be meeting in London tomorrow to finalise details on the deal.

This is all I've heard. I'm not claiming that it's concrete or anything. Just watch this space. 

be concrete slippers for you kidda if this aint true.

:lol:

be concrete slippers for you kidda if this aint true.

:snod:

Fuck's sake. :lol:

The folk in this thread today are already suffering from bipolar disorder, divvn't make the buggers worse.

Guest GAMMELL

SPLART!!!

Guest icemanblue

Hahaha, i'm not being a dick or anything. Just passing on what I've heard. Like I said, i'm not claiming it to be concrete, but rest assured I will be gloating like a motherfucker if it comes off!

???

Hahaha, i'm not being a dick or anything. Just passing on what I've heard. Like I said, i'm not claiming it to be concrete, but rest assured I will be gloating like a motherfucker if it comes off!

seems like you're hedging your bets rather well.

what size shoes (how much concrete should i buy)