Joey Barton is a very naughty boy. Discuss.

Fugazi

Guest fraser

Who is the person/are the people that he's alleged to have assaulted?

Are they reliable?

It's past 'alleged' when you're caught on CCTV doing it.

Doing what? Defending himself? Defending a friend?

Hopefully this little stint inside will do him good, the undoubted class he has it would be a shame if he ruined his career being a nob!

When Tony Adams had a much longer stint inside it changed him a lot, although Tony Adams wasn't a knob like old Joey!

When is Van Ponceyersie back?

Not long 7-10 days?  ;D

Hopefully this little stint inside will do him good, the undoubted class he has it would be a shame if he ruined his career being a nob!

When Tony Adams had a much longer stint inside it changed him a lot, although Tony Adams wasn't a knob like old Joey!

No, driving your car pissed-up into a wall and not actually killing anybody. That is a true role model.

I think they are incomparable tbh, complete violent knob who ATTACKS random people or somebody with a drinking problem who drink drove and crashed into a wall!

Guest fraser

Not long 7-10 days?  ;D

No, driving your car pissed-up into a wall and not actually killing anybody. That is a true role model.

I think they are incomparable tbh, complete violent knob who ATTACKS random people or somebody with a drinking problem who drink drove and crashed into a wall!

Well tbh that's your prob. We actually don't know what happened when Joey went out on the town; what we do know is that your pissed-up club hero could have killed somebody, indiscriminately, because he fancied driving home, not because he fancied a Big Breakfast. Leave it with you.

Not long 7-10 days?  ;D

Well tbh that's your prob. We actually don't know what happened when Joey went out on the town; what we do know is that your pissed-up club hero could have killed somebody, indiscriminately, because he fancied driving home, not because he fancied a Big Breakfast. Leave it with you.

I think we all know what has happened with Barton over the last what is it he has been causing prpoblems 3 years now?

Alot of people drive home everyday under the influence and dont kill people i know which i would rather be plaing for my club!

Guest fraser

Not long 7-10 days?  ;D

I think we all know what has happened with Barton over the last what is it he has been causing prpoblems 3 years now?

Alot of people drive home everyday under the influence and dont kill people i know which i would rather be plaing for my club!

Clearly; as I said that's your problem.

Are they reliable?

It doesn't matter sadly. Assault is assault. Provoking is taken into account, but it doesn't excuse it.

Guest fraser

Are they reliable?

It doesn't matter sadly. Assault is assault. Provoking is taken into account, but it doesn't excuse it.

I don't want to get too involved in this because none of us know what actually happened. However, one is in a group innocently minding one's own business, breakfasting, when one is confronted with a loutish scouser questioning your girlfriend's, your mother's and, possibly, your grandmother's virtue. You hold this clown to account, whereupon he becomes violent. Seeking only to defend yourself you strike him and he falls to the ground. You do no more than to walk away but the bounder steps up once more and you strike him again.

Not Guilty.

Possibly?

What's your problem?

Are they reliable?

I don't want to get too involved in this because none of us know what actually happened. However, one is in a group innocently minding one's own business, breakfasting, when one is confronted with a loutish scouser questioning your girlfriend's, your mother's and, possibly, your grandmother's virtue. You hold this clown to account, whereupon he becomes violent. Seeking only to defend yourself you strike him and he falls to the ground. You do no more than to walk away but the bounder steps up once more and you strike him again.

Not Guilty.

Possibly?

What's your problem?

Possibly the fact that he allegedly beat the man while he was down with the help of two others, before the three of them allegedly ran down the road trying to stir things up with any innocent passer by.

Are they reliable?

Not Guilty.

Possibly?

What's your problem?

I'm not passing judgement.

I'm simply going by the law, and the law would say assault is assault regardless.

Guest fraser

Are they reliable?

Not Guilty.

Possibly?

What's your problem?

I'm not passing judgement.

I'm simply going by the law, and the law would say assault is assault regardless.

It doesn't necessarily follow that it's unlawful. There's provocation, self-defence, coercion and so on. Let's see.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sam Allardyce today told bailed Newcastle United midfielder Joey Barton: "We need to talk".

Barton was yesterday released from Liverpool's Walton prison after a crown court judge overturned an earlier decision by magistrates to hold him in custody on charges of assault causing actual bodily harm and affray.

The 25-year-old will receive treatment between now and his next court appearance, on January 16, at the Sporting Chance Clinic, and will not be available to Allardyce for Sunday's FA Cup tie away to Stoke City and the January 12 visit to Manchester United.

Allardyce – who had placed huge faith in the controversial player when he signed him for £5.8m from Manchester City in the summer – has texted him since his release.

And he is planning a face-to-face meeting as soon as it can be arranged.

Allardyce told the Echo: "I've texted Joey, and I'll hopefully speak to him later today.

"From my point of view, it's certainly something I hope he can resolve, and we'll see where we go from there.

"We've got to sit down and have a chat, but there's no timescale. We've got to sort out some time.

"I don't think he can be involved with us because of the restrictions placed on him by the bail. He's in Hampshire with the Sporting Chance clinic that has been helping him."

Barton was collected from Walton prison by Peter Kay, his personal counsellor and Sporting Chance's chief executive officer.

He has been working with the Liverpudlian for two-and-a-half years.

Barton had had words with Allardyce after he was left out of his side, and not named on the bench, for the Boxing Day defeat to Wigan Athletic at the JJB Stadium because of a minor ankle problem.

He returned to Liverpool after the game and was arrested at 5.30am outside a fast food restaurant, and was denied bail when he appearance before magistrates on December 28.

Allardyce – who had placed huge faith in the controversial player when he signed him for £5.8m from Manchester City in the summer – has texted him since his release.

And he is planning a face-to-face meeting as soon as it can be arranged.

Allardyce told the Echo: "I've texted Joey, and I'll hopefully speak to him later today.

"Jo. We nd 2 tlk abt u getn jaild.  U R becomn a liablty.  I nd u 2 stp wit dis agresiv behavyr.  I thnk tht u shud clm dwn abit nd focus on ur ftbl.

you get the idea.....Sam Allardyce, text-a-holic.

Barton was collected from Walton prison by Peter Kay

In a taxi provided by Mr B?

Guest sicko2ndbest

JB 'Ever since those bully boys in nick tried to bum me i am scared of the dark'

PK 'Dyou want big light on'

JB 'Ay thanks Peter'

Guest sicko2ndbest

Gig Sam just on SSN said no chance for the Stoke game but Man U game is a possibilty as they are not violating his bail agreement