Joey Barton is a very naughty boy. Discuss.

Fugazi

Can't the club sack him, but retain his registration as with what Chelsea did for Mutu?  I can't believe some of you lot want him to stay at the club. Ming-boggling if I'm honest. Sometimes you have to take a stand against indecent behavior and for me that time has come. I only hope Mike Ashley feels the same.

Many young footballers today seem to be laws unto themselves. No wonder they must feel they are untouchable.

If we can afford to make a stand, make a stand but we can't at the moment. Geremi and Butt for your central midfield with Smith backing them up, that midfield all season will get us relegated. I'm not convinced relegation is a fair price to pay for the moral highe ground.

For me it's get rid but get rid on our terms when we've got replacements through the door and we've got a means to recoup our losses.

That was bang out of order from Barton. No need whatsoever for it.  :dave:

Before I saw it I was expecting a really savage kicking based on the reports. It's nowhere near as bad as the rags made it out to be. 

Still want what's best for the club when it comes to keeping him or sacking the horrible little shit.

He's a fucking scubber.

I thought that was savage tbh, the way he kept going back for more even when on the ground was disgusting.

I meant it didn't seem anywhere near as bad as the papers made it out to be.  :thup:

I'm not defending the little twat and I'm not saying it was trivial because it wasn't, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting.

Sometimes you have to take a stand against indecent behavior and for me that time has come. I only hope Mike Ashley feels the same.

Many young footballers today seem to be laws unto themselves. No wonder they must feel they are untouchable.

Agree with that. We should find a way to get him off our books whilst limiting the financial loss to a minimum.

I know this incident is now done and dusted and ages ago, but the release of that footage means our name is back all over the media for the worst reasons.

That was bang out of order from Barton. No need whatsoever for it.  :dave:

Before I saw it I was expecting a really savage kicking based on the reports. It's nowhere near as bad as the rags made it out to be. 

Still want what's best for the club when it comes to keeping him or sacking the horrible little shit.

He's a fucking scubber.

I thought that was savage tbh, the way he kept going back for more even when on the ground was disgusting.

I meant it didn't seem anywhere near as bad as the papers made it out to be.  :thup:

I'm not defending the little twat and I'm not saying it was trivial because it wasn't, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting.

I dread to think what those two would have ended up like if his 'mate' didn't pull him off them.

Initially I thought the delay in releasing a public statement by the club was down to waiting for the Dabo verdict but it could be they are waiting to make those signings so they can be in a position to sack him.

The club needs bodies in before we know what's happening with Barton. If he stays, then the club risk alienating a section of the fans. Afterall, what kind of message does it send out - particularly to the younger fans? You can act like a thug off the pitch - knock seven bells out of lads who don't fight back, do time inside and your still welcome to your £60K a week and first team place. Unacceptable.

Can't the club sack him, but retain his registration as with what Chelsea did for Mutu?  I can't believe some of you lot want him to stay at the club. Ming-boggling if I'm honest. Sometimes you have to take a stand against indecent behavior and for me that time has come. I only hope Mike Ashley feels the same.

If we can afford to make a stand, make a stand but we can't at the moment. Geremi and Butt for your central midfield with Smith backing them up, that midfield all season will get us relegated. I'm not convinced relegation is a fair price to pay for the moral highe ground.

For me it's get rid but get rid on our terms when we've got replacements through the door and we've got a means to recoup our losses.

I'm pretty confident that won't be our midfield, anyway regardless it shouldn't mitigate our response to a player who clearly doesn't deserve to wear the black and white.

The club needs bodies in before we know what's happening with Barton. If he stays, then the club risk alienating a section of the fans. Afterall, what kind of message does it send out - particularly to the younger fans? You can act like a thug off the pitch - knock seven bells out of lads who don't fight back, do time inside and your still welcome to your £60K a week and first team place. Unacceptable.

Never understood society holding footballers out as role models.

I'm pretty confident that won't be our midfield, anyway regardless it shouldn't mitigate our response to a player who clearly doesn't deserve to wear the black and white.

It absolutely should IMO, our first and foremost concern should be what's best for Newcastle United, our standing on the moral issues for this situation should follow that. At the moment the best thing for the football team is to hang on to him. That might change if and when bodies come in. But if we sack him now without those bodies we take a big gamble, I would rather us not take TBH. Also sacking weakens our hand in negoiations with his replacements, our paper thin squad will look even more in need and our desperation will be noted by the selling club.

The club have done the right thing thus far for me in not saying anything problem is the pressure is now mounting on them to act but we are not in a position to take the correct course of action. Another reason to be a little dissapointed at our lack of transfer activity.

Well, that wasn't good to say the least. If he stays at the club - welcome to the new Newcastle United, fellas. Home to knobhead footballers. :thdn:

Some might say that we've been the home to knobhead footballers way before any of this kicked off...erm, Woodgate, Bowyer, Dyer, Bramble, Bellamy...there's quite a list there.

But as far as Barton goes, aye - we need to get shot of the little bastard.  :dave:

Liam - it's gone on for years - back to the days of Jackie Milburn, Wyn Davies, Supermac and up to Alan Shearer. Such players are heroes to kids and are therefore role-models.

Thats the point though, some footballers can be role models, some can't.

Would you hold out Norman Hunter, Ron Harris, Vinnie Jones as role models of their time?  Of course not.

Guest Ian56

Just seen the footage of Bartons assault. What a worthless character and it saddens and angers me to see him wearing my beloved black and white. As in life decent people need to stand up for what's right and principled even if, as in this case, there is a financial hit. Barton will never change for he doesn't possess the self-awareness to reform himself so it's up to Newcastle itself to change. No more buying shiesters, wankers, thugs, egotists, idiots, lard arses or anyone with dubious history or background. As he emerges through that prison gate there should be a representative from NUFC waiting for him with a letter from the Chairman telling him his contract has been terminated immediately and not to set foot within a light year of St James Park...

Both were infinitely better than Barton last season.

Sack him, he's simply not worth keeping on or off the pitch.

Just seen the footage of Bartons assault. What a worthless character and it saddens and angers me to see him wearing my beloved black and white. As in life decent people need to stand up for what's right and principled even if, as in this case, there is a financial hit. Barton will never change for he doesn't possess the self-awareness to reform himself so it's up to Newcastle itself to change. No more buying shiesters, wankers, thugs, egotists, idiots, lard arses or anyone with dubious history or background. As he emerges through that prison gate there should be a representative from NUFC waiting for him with a letter from the Chairman telling him his contract has been terminated immediately and not to set foot within a light year of St James Park...

Hear hear.  :clap:

Liam - it's gone on for years - back to the days of Jackie Milburn, Wyn Davies, Supermac and up to Alan Shearer. Such players are heroes to kids and are therefore role-models.

Would you hold out Norman Hunter, Ron Harris, Vinnie Jones as role models of their time?  Of course not.

You could argue that a professional footballer's lifestyle is a lot higher profile now. than it was when those plied their trade. Also these lads didn't engage on off-the-field antics like Barton has done.

Guest Deep456

Hear hear.  :clap:

:weep: :weep: Beautiful

Guest toonlass

Had on there, its not like he's stubbed a cigar out in some youth teamers eye, or kicked the fuck out of a taxi or left a teenage member of the public needing extensive dental surg......oh fuck....They need to sack the cunt now! Hold onto his registration but refuse to pay the vicious bugger.

You could argue that a professional footballer's lifestyle is a lot higher profile now. than it was when those plied their trade. Also these lads didn't engage on off-the-field antics like Barton has done.

You could argue that, but I'd still stand by the argument that they shouldn't be held out as role models.

Barton is clearly a horrible little bastard (as he appears to know himself), but to suggest he is viewed as a role model by anyone is just wrong.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

tbf the initial punch was a cracker even though the victim is offering no defence or resistance.

load of rubbish on and off the pitch. as someone who grew up in the days of ron harris,tommy smith etc we never kicked others all over. you don't see kids diving cos ronaldo does it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7122616.stm

Newcastle fans vicious - Barton 

Joey Barton has launched a scathing attack on Newcastle fans, branding them "vicious" for the abuse meted out to boss Sam Allardyce and the players.

The midfielder's comments come on the back of his side's 3-0 home defeat by Liverpool that saw Allardyce jeered by a section of the St James' Park crowd.

"I've not yet seen the famous crowd I was expecting to hear get behind us," said the £5m signing.

"Instead it has been vicious; I don't think I've heard a crowd that vicious."

:rolleyes:

having a player on your books who has a record of attacking people for no good reason, including players from his own team, to the extent that he stubs a cigar out on one of their eyes, isn't the best advertisement for attracting new players here.