Allardyce Meeting With Senior Players A Week Or Two Ago.

Crumpy Gunt

Widely reported that the players were unhappy about staying away from their families over the Christmas period. Allardyce wanted the players to stay together from Christmas Day night until after the Chelsea game.

The players weren't happy at Geremi being given the Club captaincy. And the players didn't like the tactics.

So far Allardyce has backed down on the first two points by allowing the players back to Tyneside and stripping Geremi of the captaincy - Smith has it for the 'forseeable future'

Unfortunately I doubt much can be done with the tactics as Allardyce knows no other way. It appears to me that Allardyce has distanced himself from the players at Wigan by saying "I'm not happy to have my future in their hands" which is a very dangerous thing to say about players who have already used player power to enforce there own will on the manager and his running of the Club.

Either there'll be some notable departures as Allardyce reinstills his will by removing dissenters or he himself will be gone sooner rather than later as the players again show they have no will to play for a manager who is happy to distance himself from there poor performances.

How much fact is there here and how much of it is paper talk?

mmmm. very dubious about stories such as these

Yep, they make far too much sense to be true,.

indeed hopefully it's only a matter of time noo

How much fact is there here and how much of it is paper talk?

mmmm. very dubious about stories such as these

Yep, they make far too much sense to be true,.

Geremi has said Smith was given the armband to give some consistency in the captaincy in the run up to--and for the duration of--the ANC. AFAIK, that's the only solid information we have about the changing of the captain, unless Crumpy knows something I don't.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

if true, its simply the beginning of the end. To be honest, i think it is true, and if it is, then allardyce should be rid of now, i dont want a lame duck in charge

i firmly belive (or at least i really hope) our players will give theyr 100% best, whatever the situation should be, or else they wont have much to do at NUFC, but i can see why they would be a bit angry not beeing able to be with theyr family

i firmly belive (or at least i really hope) our players will give theyr 100% best, whatever the situation should be, or else they wont have much to do at NUFC, but i can see why they would be a bit angry not beeing able to be with theyr family

why ? i had christmas day and boxing day off,back to work today. give me £1000p/w and i'll do that every year

I was never happy about Geremi being made captain and couldn't see why either - it hasn't worked out and maybe we should have been warned then that Allardyce has some strange ideas..

As to the rest, IF the players whinged about being away for Christmas, they are out of line - if they were playing in Italy they would be expected to go away before every game...

However, I can see why they would complain about tactics/style of play - it is clearly not working and one can only speculate that any prospective top-class signings would be put off by such rumours creeping around the game.

It is beginning to look as if Allardyce's success at Bolton(if that what you want to call it..!), was a one-off, based on a group of players who were either on their way down because of age, or mediocre and had faith in his methods because they knew they wouldn't get a chance elsewhere.

If this story is true, between this and the nasty quotes from Allardyce about his players this week, I wouldn't be surprised if his time here is almost over. It would seem that he's lost the faith of the team. It certainly seems that Big Sam doesn't believe the team is 100% behind him, based on what he's said lately.

If it is true, I feel that the players simply have AP (Attitude Problem!) + they are not being professional + not to mention they are over-rated + they think too highly of themselves.

The correct approach is to get rid of them! It doesn't take lots of foresight to be able to see that come the next manager, with the same batch of players, there is always a potential risk that the same set of problems will occur.

Regards,

Ericz

If it is true, I feel that the players simply have AP (Attitude Problem!) + they are not being professional + not to mention they are over-rated + they think too highly of themselves.

The correct approach is to get rid of them! It doesn't take lots of foresight to be able to see that come the next manager, with the same batch of players, there is always a potential risk that the same set of problems will occur.

Regards,

Ericz

I don't think wanting to play in your strongest position, in a team set out to win matches instead of hoping for a 0-0 draw all the time is very much to ask. I don't like player power, but it's pretty clear the manager is an idiot of the highest order and is taking the club nowhere.

To put Sam's remarks in context, he was asked whether he was happy that his future was in the hands of his players, and he said, 'No, not really'. He shouldn't have said that, because the press are trying to drive a wedge between him and his players and that only gives them ammunition. However, he may not have meant it in the way that's being implied.

The problem of the captaincy is that there aren't many players whose place in the side is secure. Geremi turned out to be the wrong choice from that point of view.

To put Sam's remarks in context, he was asked whether he was happy that his future was in the hands of his players, and he said, 'No, not really'. He shouldn't have said that, because the press are trying to drive a wedge between him and his players and that only gives them ammunition. However, he may not have meant it in the way that's being implied.

The problem of the captaincy is that there aren't many players whose place in the side is secure. Geremi turned out to be the wrong choice from that point of view.

Bit worrying if Sam cant spot a deliberately leading question like that.