Who on here seriously wants Shearer?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I certainly don't.

It's the most ridiculous idea doing the rounds. He needs to manage somewhere else first and develop his skills as a manager (make his mistakes and learn more about himself), in no way should he return and make us his first full time managerial post. Madness.

For the record we don't have to sack Allardyce as he could do a good job upstairs and continue his behind the scenes revolution which from all accounts is working and developing the infrastructure for success in the long term.

Second most ridiculous idea doing the rounds imo, just barely being beaten out by the "Sam is trying to get sacked for a payoff" nonsense. 

I don't want him here right now myself but Shearer will be here if we sack sam though.  I can't see anyone else taking the job.

Guest Ridzuan

Second most ridiculous idea doing the rounds imo, just barely being beaten out by the "Sam is trying to get sacked for a payoff" nonsense. 

Shearer will be here if we sack sam though.  I can't see anyone else taking the job.

That is definitely ridiculous.Anyway back to the topic,I dont want Shearer either,for now at least.Get me the special one.

I certainly don't.

It's the most ridiculous idea doing the rounds. He needs to manage somewhere else first and develop his skills as a manager (make his mistakes and learn more about himself), in no way should he return and make us his first full time managerial post. Madness.

Yeah, just like Keegan did.

I cannot see why people would think he could just walk into the job and do it better than the already established coaches out there, it would be a silly risk to take and one that i don't think Mort and Ashley will go for.

Not keen on him being the next manager but I do think that he will continue to cast a huge shadow over future managers until he has had a go himself.  I don't think he would want to manage in the lower leagues either for experience.  But to be fair to him he has always tried to distance himself from the job but the media and many fans won't let it go.

I certainly don't.

Yeah, just like Keegan did.

Well, it might work in the way Keegan did but why take what is such a huge risk? Not many people go on to do well in their first job at a big club (which we are, without wishing to get into that debate).

one that i don't think Mort and Ashley will go for.

You can't know that for certain.

Mort and Ashley have only made one football decision without the help of Allardyce, and that was to rubber stamp Allardyce's appointment.

They have very few footballing contacts, and their football knowledge is generally unknown.

Therefore, although they may appoint someone good, they currently cant be trusted to make the right decision as they have no track record whatsoever.

What we need is a manager with some pedigree and experience who has an attacking philosophy.

It really is that simple. Any manager with these qualities would get the time he needs.

Klinsmann would be a good move IMO.  :razz:

Guest Ridzuan

What we need is a manager with some pedigree and experience who has an attacking philosophy.

It really is that simple. Any manager with these qualities would get the time he needs.

Yes and Mourinho is a good example of that.

He's a pretty bad example. Defensive pragmatist who gets the most of his players through motivation and good tactics. I'd love him here but he doesn't have an 'attacking philosophy'.

He's a pretty bad example. Defensive pragmatist who gets the most of his players through motivation and good tactics. I'd love him here but he doesn't have an 'attacking philosophy'.

true, just because you win a lot it doesn't mean your philosophy is attacking

Guest Ridzuan

But he has a very 'successful philosophy'.Of course we want to see our team to attack,but if youre successful without doing much attacking,I think that is better.

But he has a very 'successful philosophy'.Of course we want to see our team to attack,but if youre successful without doing much attacking,I think that is better.

You were the one who said he was a good example of a manager with an attacking philosophy though you fuck-wit :lol: