Who on here seriously wants Shearer?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

You might want to stop talking s***. Houllier is one manager, I was talking about Van Gaal and every other fucker who has been mentioned in passing with the Newcastle job. Wasn't it only when Sam was appointed that Houllier mentioned he would have liked the job, so how would Fat Fred have known it when Roeder was appointed.  And no, I don't know for sure who did or didn't apply, but then again, neither do you. Roeder was given the job cos no other fucker wanted it.

Like I said, Houllier was the only one who made it public he was intrested. If he hadn't made it public and someone had said he was intrested would you believe it? No, so how do you know that any of those other managers applied for the job? You don't which is going back to my original point, you don't know who did or didn't apply 'cos you have fuck all to with the running of Newcastle.

And Houllier claimed intrest before Sam was appointed, so that's shit from you there.

But not before Roeder was appointed, which was my point.(so that's shit from you there). Where were the managers queuing up then to take the helm then? Ok so I am not on the board, but hey, I read the papers(and not the red-topped shit ones). If anyone had been interested Fat Fred was never shy of telling people. Face it, if Big Sam goes we have no-one lined up to replace him, and would probably end up with Steve fucking Mclaren.

I genuinely think he's the only man the moronic majority will give their patience to, so I suppose that's me supporting his potential appointment. If Allardyce is the best British manager we could have got (which most people still stand by) then our only option next time is to look abroad and get a foreign manager with good pedigree, who would again probably require a decent bedding-in period. Do people genuinely have faith in our support to give someone like that their backing?

I'd personally be aghast if we brought in an O'Leary sort to replace Allardyce - so Shearer is the only genuine option from these shores. The fairytale appointment for the soap opera club.

Big Al wouldn't take the job unless given a hefty warchest and full backing of the board, which would obviously be a good thing if it was Ashley's own money put into it and not done in a way which could harm the club, and he wouldn't have a far stretch to go in order to play better football than we are now, which would instantly buy him more time.

He would command respect of the players and could probably attract a higher standard of player than Allardyce, simply because of his legend and like robster and others have said, even if he failed it would eliminate the shadow that he still casts over St. James'.

He's the one with everything to lose, not us (unless we were relegated, of course.)

I tend to agree, the only way he would do it now is if he was promised a £100m warchest etc...

But not before Roeder was appointed, which was my point.(so that's s*** from you there). Where were the managers queuing up then to take the helm then? Ok so I am not on the board, but hey, I read the papers(and not the red-topped s*** ones). If anyone had been interested Fat Fred was never shy of telling people. Face it, if Big Sam goes we have no-one lined up to replace him, and would probably end up with Steve f****** Mclaren.

Before Roeder was your point, before Allardyce is mine. You mentioned all 3 of our previous managers ("And as I have said before, where were these foreign successes when Souness was appointed, or Roeder, or Allardyce? I certainly didn't see them queuing up on Barrack Road desperate to manage Newcastle.") and I pointed out that Houllier was in the picture when Allardyce was appointed and how just because the intrest isn't made public, doesn't mean it didn't exsist (although I agree that some of the more  crazy names were no doubt just made up shite).

And I don't think anyone has a clue who the new lot would put in if Sam was sacked, could be either end of the scale tbh.

Guest toonlass

But not before Roeder was appointed, which was my point.(so that's s*** from you there). Where were the managers queuing up then to take the helm then? Ok so I am not on the board, but hey, I read the papers(and not the red-topped s*** ones). If anyone had been interested Fat Fred was never shy of telling people. Face it, if Big Sam goes we have no-one lined up to replace him, and would probably end up with Steve f****** Mclaren.

Before Roeder was your point, before Allardyce is mine. You mentioned all 3 of our previous managers ("And as I have said before, where were these foreign successes when Souness was appointed, or Roeder, or Allardyce? I certainly didn't see them queuing up on Barrack Road desperate to manage Newcastle.") and I pointed out that Houllier was in the picture when Allardyce was appointed and how just because the intrest isn't made public, doesn't mean it didn't exsist (although I agree that some of the more  crazy names were no doubt just made up shite).

And I don't think anyone has a clue who the new lot would put in if Sam was sacked, could be either end of the scale tbh.

Just to be pedanctic, can one person really be classed as a queue?

Before Roeder was your point, before Allardyce is mine. You mentioned all 3 of our previous managers ("And as I have said before, where were these foreign successes when Souness was appointed, or Roeder, or Allardyce? I certainly didn't see them queuing up on Barrack Road desperate to manage Newcastle.") and I pointed out that Houllier was in the picture when Allardyce was appointed and how just because the intrest isn't made public, doesn't mean it didn't exsist (although I agree that some of the more  crazy names were no doubt just made up s****).

Just to be pedanctic, can one person really be classed as a queue?

One person who made it public tbh. Like I've said about 6 times now, we don't know who did or didn't apply, if Houllier did then why would it be so strange for others to do so as well?

It's always going to remain a mystery tbf.

Alan Shearer on the key to success, as written in Alan Shearer - My Illustrated Career:

We had defenders who could defend, midfield players who could tackle and pass the ball, two wingers  who delivered deadly crosses and striker who could score goals. Football can be quite a simple game if played properly. There were no square pegs in round holes. Everyone knew their job inside out and stuck to the script as written by the managers.

Guest Knightrider

Leazes reckons Shearer turned it down btw. More evidence of how far the net was(n't) cast if true.

I thought it was common knowledge he was offered the job by the fat one and rightly said no?

What Dave says anyway.

Although I'm not one of those who thinks Shearer would be a disaster waiting to happen. Logically speaking he has a lot going for him and there are lots of strong pluses to favour him such as;

Good will and patience of the fans and local media.

He'd command some clout with Ashley and co regarding money and running the club as he sees fit.

He'd command huge respect from players and no player would ever dare take him on and try to piss him about and nor would he tolerate it I don't think.

There are many other pluses too that would take more explaining.

However I'd be against such an appointment at this stage of our development and his career. He needs to go somewhere else and prove he can manage first, never mind manager us which is a different ball game to playing and scoring goals for the club.

Guest Knightrider

Regarding James and his posts, I think a bit of insight can be gleamed from reading about Shearer's thoughts on this and that. I mean if he were to manage us, I could see him managing us along the lines of the passage James quoted, playing players in their right positions and looking for players who can do specific jobs rather than have to be moulded to do this or that.

I'm quite chuffed that without reading the quoted book, I'd managed to suss out Alan Shearer's perspective on football management, re: wingers providing bullets, etc.

And yes, this post was intended to be James-ish, while truthful.

Guest Knightrider

I don't think a kid's book that probably wasn't even written by Shearer tells you that much.

I actually have the book, and you're right, it's very sparse (it is a picture book) but other publications gave a better insight into the man and his way of thinking.

Shearer would be tactically naive.

The game has moved on considerably at the top end of the PL in the last couple of years. IMO back to basics isn't enough although it would be a step in the right direction. Mark Hughes plays simple effective football, but they get turned over quite easily if it doesn't go well...Even he is STILL LEARNING.

Shearer would be at this time be a gigantic risk...and comparisons to KK are ridiculous as I mentioned earlier the PL is 10 times stronger and more subtle tactically with a good half dozen world class and international class coaches operating in it. Hiring Shearer would be akin to hiring Worzel Gummidge to lock horns with the MIT think tank.

How I see it anyway.

Let's look at the footballing careers of Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourninio, Rafa Benitez et al.  Not exactly world beaters.

Who knows whether Shearer has what it takes, but I'd much prefer some experience.  

Alex Ferguson -  Joined Rangers for a then record fee for a transfer between two Scottish clubs.

Arsene Wegner - Won a league title in France

Rafa Benitez  - Was injured young while in the Read Madrid system.

So we are looking for a s*** footballer who has managed someone like Huddersfield..............what about X-Newcastle stopper Peter

Jackson?

You miss my point.  At present, the only rationale for Shearer's possible appointment is that he was a fantastic, committed player.  Well, so was Bryan Robson, so was Stuart Pearce.  Would you want either of them managing the club?

Let's look at the footballing careers of Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourninio, Rafa Benitez et al.  Not exactly world beaters.

Who knows whether Shearer has what it takes, but I'd much prefer some experience.  

Alex Ferguson -  Joined Rangers for a then record fee for a transfer between two Scottish clubs.

Arsene Wegner - Won a league title in France

Rafa Benitez  - Was injured young while in the Read Madrid system.

So we are looking for a s*** footballer who has managed someone like Huddersfield..............what about X-Newcastle stopper Peter

Jackson?

You miss my point.  At present, the only rationale for Shearer's possible appointment is that he was a fantastic, committed player.  Well, so was Bryan Robson, so was Stuart Pearce.  Would you want either of them managing the club?

People are clinging to straws.  :razz: