Who on here seriously wants Shearer?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My predication, however it may be labeled by some, is that if Shearer is named manager we'll be relegated inside of 2 years!

He may have the respect as a player of all-and-sundry however he has nil respect as a manager, just because he hasn't earned any yet.  He's a managerial nobody who just happens to have passed a few exams designed to keep the rabble out of top-flight management positions.  He needs at least 2 years below the Championship being successful, then at least 2 years in the Championship being successful before I'd even remotely consider him ready for the EPL.

the needs and qualities needed to manage outside the prem have little to do with those of managing in the prem,especially if given money to spend.

wht i'm trying to say is that the talents and qualities to manage hartlepool are different to those needed to manage newcastle

Sure, but just as someone who has EPL management experience has infinitely more qualification than someone who has only managed in the Championship, someone who has a few years experience in the Championship has infinitely more experience than someone who has attended a few silver-service lunches during management training.

For me, however, the one saving grace is that both Ashley and Mort are business men first, and football club owners second.  They would -NEVER- put an inexperienced person in to a senior management role in their companies and hence are very unlikely to put one in charge of this company.  I think the best Shearer can expect from our new owner is a senior advisory role or a senior coaching role, which I also think he is more likely to be interested in.

Ashley and Mort are not interested in making NUFC the "Survivor" of the EPL, that is to say do what is popular so you don't get voted out.  They want to make our club more like Neighbors, that is a consistent performer that generates good profits year after year after year after year.  They will not sack Sam unless one of two things happens, either we really start to look relegation bound, or an absolute superstar manager throws his hat in the ring and says he wants the job.

Nice balanced post Montey.

One thing I will say in favour of Shearer, and I'm not a fan of him coming back, is that I don't think there'll be any crappy formations, think he'd play a simple 4-4-2, with a pair of wingers who can take on the full-backs, and a pair of strikers who'd stick them away.

Sad that that seems such a fantastic proposition doesn't it? :lol:

Guest microbar

I Would swap Fat sam for a cardboard cutout in charge

Sorry all you sam lovers but he is just a brainless fat bastard,

With a lack of pride and understanding of the geordie way,

Fuck off sam. 

Stelling: Ashley would be an instant Geordie hero if he installed Shearer as manager.

Unfortunately he's probably right.

We in here are only a small % of toon fans, and the uneducated majority would love to see Shearer back, and would even be their first choice.

Loads of people you speak to hold that opinion, its crazy.

Guest Knightrider

Stelling: Ashley would be an instant Geordie hero if he installed Shearer as manager.

We in here are only a small % of toon fans, and the uneducated majority would love to see Shearer back, and would even be their first choice.

Shearer is a huge huge figure at Newcastle and almost everyone I know outside of here, those that go to the match and those that don't, would love Shearer to be manager one day or to come back to the club in some capacity. Now that we aren't doing so well you could translate that as fans wanting Shearer to be the next manager.

I certainly don't.

It's the most ridiculous idea doing the rounds. He needs to manage somewhere else first and develop his skills as a manager (make his mistakes and learn more about himself), in no way should he return and make us his first full time managerial post. Madness.

For the record we don't have to sack Allardyce as he could do a good job upstairs and continue his behind the scenes revolution which from all accounts is working and developing the infrastructure for success in the long term.

Good thoughtful post.

Agree to an extent, but really - continueing with BSA in charge is going to cost us BIG.

I believe Shearer will be a good manager, better than most. But voted for another - preferably Houllier.

I certainly don't.

It's the most ridiculous idea doing the rounds. He needs to manage somewhere else first and develop his skills as a manager (make his mistakes and learn more about himself), in no way should he return and make us his first full time managerial post. Madness.

For the record we don't have to sack Allardyce as he could do a good job upstairs and continue his behind the scenes revolution which from all accounts is working and developing the infrastructure for success in the long term.

Good thoughtful post.

Agree to an extent, but really - continueing with BSA in charge is going to cost us BIG.

I believe Shearer will be a good manager, better than most. But voted for another - preferably Houllier.

I'm not advocating SA stays on as manager ie ''do a good job upstairs''.

Just don't think the time is right for us to give it to Shearer and infact it isn't right for Shearer either. I hope to god his selfish streak stops him taking it.

So infuriating that the press keep hammering home the fact that all geordies want Shearer in as manager.

No we all f****** don't,  and yet it keeps constantly being said.

It's just not the press. I was watching "You're on Skysports" earlier and a supporter from Belfast called in to say how he would like Shearer in charge. This just perpetuates the belief that the majority of fans want the same.

So infuriating that the press keep hammering home the fact that all geordies want Shearer in as manager.

The majority do. Alot of this forum falls into the minority that don't want him, alot of fans out there see him as the great one, the one to get us out of this mess.

i don't know any that think that....quite a lot who think he'll be the next manager though.

The majority do. Alot of this forum falls into the minority that don't want him, alot of fans out there see him as the great one, the one to get us out of this mess.

Don't think that's true at all

i don't know any that think that....quite a lot who think he'll be the next manager though.

The thing that i dont understand is that if you ask alot of fans who they want if they could have anyone, alot of them  would go for world class managers with proven records, yet the same fans would be reasonably happy if Shearer was installed, without any credible reasoning except that ts been done in the past, it may happen here.

:frantic:

The thing that i dont understand is that if you ask alot of fans who they want if they could have anyone, alot of them  would go for world class managers with proven records, yet the same fans would be reasonably happy if Shearer was installed, without any credible reasoning except that ts been done in the past, it may happen here.

:frantic:

...the main reason is that they think Shearer would get an open chequebook.

Don't think that's true at all

Check the poll. Over 50% want Shearer installed as manager at some time in the next 5 years. That's the majority.

Nothing to lose, we have been down the so called proven manager route to many times, KK was not a proven manager infact not even a manager of any kind yet we played our very best football under him..

A VERY good point.

Where did all the great managers start from ?

Their first club.

We've done so-called "name" managers and they've all come up short - only Bobby did the bizz.

Our best was indeed Keegan at his first foray as manager.