Who on here seriously wants Shearer?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Its a gamble going for Shearer yes. But if we haven't improved by the end of the season it's one i'd definately be willing to make. I think he'll do very well as a manager as do most people within the game. As a player he's the type of manager you want to play for. If he fails he fails, we move on, but he has the best chance of making a Keegan type impact.

Klinsman, Keegan, Van Basten and Keane have all done really well as rookie's and i think Shearer could be better.

Hopefully he'd have a good team around him, Rob Lee, Gary Speed, Venables are all names that spring to mind. 

I certainly don't.

It's the most ridiculous idea doing the rounds. He needs to manage somewhere else first and develop his skills as a manager (make his mistakes and learn more about himself), in no way should he return and make us his first full time managerial post. Madness.

Yeah, just like Keegan did.

Keegan had a season at championship level before taking on the top flight, which is at least what Shearer needs.

I certainly don't.

It's the most ridiculous idea doing the rounds. He needs to manage somewhere else first and develop his skills as a manager (make his mistakes and learn more about himself), in no way should he return and make us his first full time managerial post. Madness.

Yeah, just like Keegan did.

Keegan had a season at championship level before taking on the top flight, which is at least what Shearer needs.

Not at NUFC though ;)

Guest Ridzuan

What we need is a manager with some pedigree and experience who has an attacking philosophy.

It really is that simple. Any manager with these qualities would get the time he needs.

Yes and Mourinho is a good example of that.

He's a pretty bad example. Defensive pragmatist who gets the most of his players through motivation and good tactics. I'd love him here but he doesn't have an 'attacking philosophy'.

But he has a very 'successful philosophy'.Of course we want to see our team to attack,but if youre successful without doing much attacking,I think that is better.

You were the one who said he was a good example of a manager with an attacking philosophy though you f***-wit :lol:

Pardon me but I didnt see the word 'attacking philosophy' there earlier.Anyways,I thought Chelsea played some good attacking football during Mourinho era,only that it wasnt attacking enough.

I'm not really of the opinion that it's particularly important to spend time learning the ropes at a smaller club for a manager to be succesful at the top level.

Sure, it will help in some respects and you may be a bit more ready for the big job when it comes along, but at the end of the day I reckon you just have it or you don't in regards being a good manager.

As for Shearer, if Sam goes then I'd give him the job personally. If he does well, great. But if not we can get the whole sordid affair out of our system.

I've seen nothing from Shearer to suggest he won't be a good boss tbh.

It might be what the club needs, but i'd prefer an experience man coming in.

If we did go for Shearer, then if we could get someone like Houillier as a DOF (or similar role) to help guide him through his early days then i'd be more than happy with the change right now.

We'd at least know he'd get time from the fans, a link and bond straight off the belt, and hopefully backing from the board appointing their own man. It might not be a bad thing overall as a backed Shearer is better than a SA getting nowt in terms of cash or support from the players, fans and board.

Keegan would never of got the job with they way some of  you chaps think.

I would imagine Joe Harvery would never have got the job either, I mean he only managed crap clubs like Barrow & Workington before getting the Newcastle job. Keegan & Harvey iconic figures (not just Newcastle former captains like Roeder) from there times taking over & moving the club forward.  

Who did Capello manage before he took over Milan full time?

What we need is a manager with some pedigree and experience who has an attacking philosophy.

It really is that simple. Any manager with these qualities would get the time he needs.

He's a pretty bad example. Defensive pragmatist who gets the most of his players through motivation and good tactics. I'd love him here but he doesn't have an 'attacking philosophy'.

But he has a very 'successful philosophy'.Of course we want to see our team to attack,but if youre successful without doing much attacking,I think that is better.

You were the one who said he was a good example of a manager with an attacking philosophy though you f***-wit :lol:

Pardon me but I didnt see the word 'attacking philosophy' there earlier.Anyways,I thought Chelsea played some good attacking football during Mourinho era,only that it wasnt attacking enough.

So, you quoted and agreed with a two line post without reading it properly? :lol:

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Plenty better options out there than Shearer.  Love it how 10 people have voted for him, yet only 1 or 2 of that 10 have actually had there say.  Could it be that out of the 10 that want him in, only 1 or 2 have the brains to use there keyboard properly?  If Shearer wanted the Newcastle job, we'd have all known about it by now.  As it is, he has said he doesn't want it yet.  Would you play someone in your team who doesn't want to play?  Then why appoint a manager that doesn't want the job.

Guest Ridzuan

So, you quoted and agreed with a two line post without reading it properly? :lol:

Argh ok you win this time.But I will still stick to my choice of getting Mr Mourinho here.We should at least try.

Argh ok you win this time.But I will still stick to my choice of getting Mr Mourinho here.We should at least try.

I think everyone (apart from Vic ) would take him.

but i'd prefer an experience man coming in.If

Why change then? Sam is experienced.

He's experienced one club in the prem before coming here, thats not really that much is it?

A silly argument -- how many prem clubs have Wenger and Ferguson "experienced" ?

No.

(can we send this to the press to prove that not "All Geordies want Shearer as Manager"

I'd rather send it to the chairman and the owner.

No.

(can we send this to the press to prove that not "All Geordies want Shearer as Manager"

I'd rather send it to the chairman and the owner.

worrying though that the owner was stodd amongts 5,000 chanting his name on saturday. Hope the general chat around him was different

He's experienced one club in the prem before coming here, thats not really that much is it?

A silly argument -- how many prem clubs have Wenger and Ferguson "experienced" ?

Not really, that's all he's done, Fergie won thing with Aberdeen, Wenger also had a career before coming to the league.

Not really, that's all he's done, Fergie won thing with Aberdeen, Wenger also had a career before coming to the league.

Not really relevant though because your statement was "in the prem".  If you want to talk career outside of prem prior, then Sam has quite the CV too. 

All academic though.  The man won't be sacked any time soon.