Stoke (a) in the FA Cup - Pre-Match thread

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

so then....  following another defeat tonight, where do we go from here?  I can't help but feel that although we are the Premier League team, we are the underdogs.  I think Pulis will have noted the battering our confidence has taken in recent weeks, and will have psyched his team up for this.

What team to we put out?  Do we go with the starting XI from tonight?  As many have said, we played well for the opening 30 minutes, but it appears all of our strikers are piss-poor!  At least Martins managed to work himself into positions where he had a chance of scoring....

Will Enrique be given a start?  Does public humiliation in front of a teatime audience follow?

Guest VegasToon

"so then....  following another defeat tonight, where do we go from here? "

The pub to drown our sorrows.  :drink:

Harper

Beye  Edgar  Taylor  Enrique

Milner  Barton  Emre  N'Zogbia/Duff

Viduka  Owen

Really want Allardyce to give the chance to the likes of Enrique and Edgar so they can get the much needed match practise, starting Enrique will give us a chance to use N'Zogbia as a left winger as it clearly showed in the last few weeks that this is his most natural position.

Milner and Butt were awful last night so i'll start with this:

Given

Beye        Casapa        Taylor        Enrique

Duff      Beye        Emre          Zoggy

Owen    Viduka

Guest Stephen927

It'll be like a derby game. Allardyce will have us set up to give as good as we get.

Can't see there being too many clear-cut chances, but hopefully if Owen gets some much needed time on the pitch he'll be able to make the difference.

Guest pistonism

IMO we'll win this 1-0 by last-gasp goal from milner or Viduka after bunch of fuc**** performence.

Sam will be delighted and would say "Now we're picking up some reasults"

And next thing we'll know is 0-6 defeat at Old Trafford.

It'll be like a derby game. Allardyce will have us set up to give as good as we get.

Play for a draw then? Like at the SOL?

We aint gonna win the FA Cup anyway, and I can see us losing this and I really don't see what option Mort has put to give FSA the bullet on Monday morning.

IMO we'll win this 1-0 by last-gasp goal from milner or Viduka after bunch of fuc**** performence.

Sam will be delighted and would say "Now we're picking up some reasults"

And next thing we'll know is 0-6 defeat at Old Trafford.

Your positivity and enthusiasm is quite infectious!

Guest shaun11177

Every time we thought we thought one more defeat and Souness will get sacked he used to go and win or draw and i think the same thing will happen, we will win or draw and Sam will limp on until the end of the season when he will go.

The bloke is a dead man walking.

No messing about no fker gets a rest, just a few get dropped!

--------------Given

Beye---Caca-------Roz-----Enrique

Duff----Faye-------Emre----Zoggy

--------Owen------Martins

BENCH

Harper

Taylor

Milner

Butt

Viduka

IF WE LOSE SACK HIM!!

--------------Harper------------

Beye-Taylor-Cacapa-Enrique

Milner---Faye----Emre---Duff

--------Owen-----Viduka-------

Drop the Zogg? if anything drop Miner and play Duff wide right, I am a bit sick of Milners foreplay, he needs to stop messing about and just whack the fker in there, we break spray the ball out to Milner and after 20 step overs he loses the ball or over hits the cross, get the ball in the box early!!

That bit last night, 1st half, when Milner beat Dunne - enough to open up room for a shot, then tried to go outside him again, only to lose possession was ridiculous.

That bit last night, 1st half, when Milner beat Dunne - enough to open up room for a shot, then tried to go outside him again, only to lose possession was ridiculous.

He does it all the time its so frustrating, an good early ball into the box can catch defenders out but Milners pissing about lets them get set and pick our lads up.

When  Zoggy does the step overs he moves forward and creates chances, Milners step overs  are usually when he is stood still and he just gets it taken off him, Zoggy did it in the 1st half last night and it was Ronaldo'esque he jigged his way through and it was delightful but he will also bang in an early cross when needed.

Have we got the African players still for this match? when does the ANC start?

I think we still have them all, this will be their last game.