Martins

Guest K9

Guest Roger Kint

Just caught the tail end of something on SSN and I'm sure they were saying that Martins has failed to show for pre season training.

Isnt he recovering from surgery? .com had him down as absent yesterday due to this.

Yip defos what they said, no details just simply he has failed to turn up for pre-season training.

Really not the superstar he thinks he is, hopefully if he does go we can get a good price and re-invest with some hungry forwards!(btw 6mil is ot a good price for him IMO!)

Guest Roger Kint

Yip defos what they said, no details just simply he has failed to turn up for pre-season training.

Really not the superstar he thinks he is, hopefully if he does go we can get a good price and re-invest with some hungry forwards!(btw 6mil is ot a good price for him IMO!)

If nufc.com knew he wasnt due back yesterday the thought occurs this is more SSN fishing for fools. Why would he return if he isnt able to do anything? :idiot2:

Yeah probably right.

I really hope someone does come in for him though, massive wages and no consistency is not a great combination for a club thats just been relegated!

Really dont see him scoring alot more in CCC, the most frustraiting player ever!

Guest Roger Kint

Yeah probably right.

I really hope someone does come in for him though, massive wages and no consistency is not a great combination for a club thats just been relegated!

Really dont see him scoring alot more in CCC, the most frustraiting player ever!

Defo agree with that

Guest toonlass

Martins turned up.

What a bunch of shit stirring bastards Sky are.

Sky - Newcastle fans! Newcastle fans! Martins hasn't turned up!

Martins - I'm here.

Sky - Damn!

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest koenji

Monaco ponder move for Martins

Jul 12 2009 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

MONACO are the latest club to weigh up a move for Obafemi Martins.

The French Ligue 1 club have joined domestic rivals Lyon in investigating the possibility of landing Newcastle’s Nigerian striker.

But it is doubtful that Monaco would be able to reward Martins with a deal lucrative enough to compensate for their non-involvement in European competition next season.

The other overseas clubs to have shown interest in Martins, who newly-relegated United are keen to cash in on, all offer the prospect of Champions League football.

Spain would be the 24-year-old’s preferred destination, but his wages could prove a stumbling block.

Meanwhile, Newcastle have avoided having to make a bizarre pay-out to a former United striker already in Spain, Albert Luque.

Deportivo La Coruna have been ordered by a tribunal to pay Luque the 2.1 million euros owed to him as part of his move to Newcastle in 2005.

The court ruled that Luque was entitled to 15 per cent of the fee Deportivo received from the Magpies.

But Deportivo had tried to argue that the 15 per cent should have been payable by Newcastle on top of the 14 million euros they stumped for Luque, one of Graeme Souness’ most disastrous signings at St James’s Park.

does he drive a black mercedes with the reg '1 mtn'?

if so he drove past me on the coast road yesterday, if not, then someone who looks a lot like him did  ;D

More likely then the Renault Megane I thought he was sat next to me in today when I was just leaving Powerleague.  I must have stared at this poor bloke for a good minute before deciding Martins wouldn't be seen driving a Renault Megane.

if so he drove past me on the coast road yesterday, if not, then someone who looks a lot like him did  ;D

He's got a black Merc SLR, not sure of reg though.

it was a black SLR i had seen like, so it quite possibly could have been him

it was a black SLR i had seen like, so it quite possibly could have been him

His reg is N9 0BA IIRC.