Man Utd reject Newcastle bid for Wes Brown - SSN

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

[superpessimism]

For some reason deals never go through when we're the first club linked.

Think he'll be going to Pompey. Sigh.

[/superpessimism]

Seriously though, if there's a bid from Pompey or Villa or Spurs or whatnot, what incentive would he have to choose us?

££££££££££

Bid turned down.

Not totally surprised that Man U are reluctant to sell a player who's been more or less a first team regular, in the middle of a title chase.

It's vital that we sort the centre back situation out. If you look at the top five teams, I'd say they also have the top five centre back pairings, and the top two have the best of the lot. It's the one area of the team where you have to be strong.

Guest sicko2ndbest

manutd.com

And Sir Alex insists the matter is now completely in Brown's hands.

"There was an enquiry from Newcastle about Wes and we turned it down," confirmed the United boss on Friday.

"The matter rests with Wes and his agent. We'll just wait and see what happens. Our offer is still there - it's now up to Wes."

manutd.com

And Sir Alex insists the matter is now completely in Brown's hands.9

"There was an enquiry from Newcastle about Wes and we turned it down," confirmed the United boss on Friday.

"The matter rests with Wes and his agent. We'll just wait and see what happens. Our offer is still there - it's now up to Wes."

How is refusing a player permission to speak to other clubs leaving the matter in his hands? (scratches head)

Guest johnson293

Wonder if he was trying to buy Brown, but Loan Ben Haim.

If we can't/won't up the Brown bid (whetever it was) or have been told he's not for sale now, then maybe we'll now go for Ben Haim on a permanent deal?

Possibly he's turned it down cos he still holds some hope that Wes will sign the deal...

If he rejects it altogether, and we come back in, he might let him go.

Or waiting on Hutton, making sure they get their man first.

up the Brown bid

...ahem

i wonder if we're going for both brown and ben haim or just one or the other, if what the papers are saying is true and chelsea want 2 mill for ben haim then i can see us paying it like

he's been dodgy for Chelsea at times like hasn't he?

up the Brown bid

...ahem

i wonder if we're going for both brown and ben haim or just one or the other, if what the papers are saying is true and chelsea want 2 mill for ben haim then i can see us paying it like

he's been dodgy for Chelsea at times like hasn't he?

have to admit i've not seen him play much at all this season, thought he was good at bolton though and it wouldnt surprise me if sam thought he could get him playing again

£2m for Ben Haim? I'd rather have him than Brown.

???

Better player than Brown imo. Stick him and Faye together in the centre again and we'll be reet. :thup:

Ben Haim looks shit with very good players around him, Brown looks good with excellent players around him.

Brown is twice the player Ben Haim is.

Guest johnson293

£2m for Ben Haim? I'd rather have him than Brown.

???

Better player than Brown imo. Stick him and Faye together in the centre again and we'll be reet. :thup:

Then stick a keeper behind them who knows how to marshall/organise them (jaskelainen)??