Ameobi

steve_69

Right, i am fully preparing to be shot downs in flames for what i am about to say but.....

I feel it may be time for Fat Sam to give Shola a run in the team. If he's not prepared to sell him or loan him out then he should play him.

Our strikers haven't exactly been prolific of late, and have in fact been guilty of missing a sack load of chances.  Despite being incredibly frustrating to watch and having a frankly shoddy first touch Shola is capable of some good things. He can hold the ball up, has a few tricks and is reasonable in the air. Who knows, maybe a complete change of direction up front could yield some better fortune.

Guest johnson293

Think Sam clearly doesn't see Ameobi anywhere near the first team unless the injuries come back, like recent years.

With Martins going the ACN, you would have thought Sam would bring Ameobi back into the fold recently, even just to put on the bench, incase Owen/Viduka/Smith get injured.

Despite what he's said in the past, I think a half decent bid would see Shola leaving.

Does he even get reserve matches anymore?

Ameobi is actually engaged to a good friend of my cousin but she hasn't seen either of them for ages. He's apparently turned into a real wierdo since he found religion, and has stopped his fiance seeing her old friends because they live in sin.

If he thinks that of a few girls who like go out on the lash, imagine what he thinks about his team mates.

Ameobi is actually engaged to a good friend of my cousin but she hasn't seen either of them for ages. He's apparently turned into a real wierdo since he found religion, and has stopped his fiance seeing her old friends because they live in sin.

If he thinks that of a few girls who like go out on the lash, imagine what he thinks about his team mates.

He's been very religious for ages, all his life.

You've convinced me, I demand he goes straight back in the side.  bluerazz.gif

not that i want to start a debate on this but the guy i go to work with is in shola's church group, they dont sit round pointing people as sinners, and by all accounts he is a really down to earth lad.

I lusted after his sideways hat. :blush:

it reminded me of boa morte's place that not grand putting into account how much they are on when you compare their places to redknapps place its like they are living on a council estate

I realise that i got a bit side-tracked there but a bit of name dropping never hurt. I don't know too much about him as a person but my cousin reckons he used to be a top lad but gone a bits nuts recently.

Anyway, i don't think Shola is the answer to our problems but we've tried everything else and achieved fuck all. Our strikers our one of our main problems at the moment. If they'd put away a third of the chances they've missed we'd be in the top half of the table by now. All i'm saying is that maybe a change of personnel up front may give us a new dimension and spark us into life.

What harm can it do?

He's been very religious for ages, all his life.

Well he needs to pray allot more to stop him from being so shit!

I realise that i got a bit side-tracked there but a bit of name dropping never hurt. I don't know too much about him as a person but my cousin reckons he used to be a top lad but gone a bits nuts recently.

Anyway, i don't think Shola is the answer to our problems but we've tried everything else and achieved fuck all. Our strikers our one of our main problems at the moment. If they'd put away a third of the chances they've missed we'd be in the top half of the table by now. All i'm saying is that maybe a change of personnel up front may give us a new dimension and spark us into life.

What harm can it do?

it appears sa has more faith in carroll than shola, I feel if he had a bit more go about him he would have moved on as he is never going to be anything but a bench warmer here.

I too dont know him personally but my friend from work sees him every week obviously for church and regularly gets a chance to talk to him never seems anything other than a humble lad who knows he got lucky finding his feet with newcastle. He always had decent perfomances in the uefa as teams didnt know what to make of someone so tall and "gangly" but never seems to cut it in the prem.

Yeah, things have got so bad I want Ameobi back in the team. Viduka, Martins and Smith haven't scored anywhere near enough goals between them, Owen isn't match fit and we haven't got anyone else. Give him a shot. Either that or sign Jermaine Defoe!

Guest Ridzuan

Using Ameobi would be our last resort no matter what.Even if Big Sam is trying to use him back,Sunday's game is definitely too risky for his 'long awaited return'.