Is Smith full time captain now? with or without Geremi

Guest Toon83

Allardyce is complete joke.

Our captain from the start of the season should have been Shay Given.

He is the player with longest career at Newcastle and he deserves to be a captain.

This is another stupid decision from the big head

Guest thenorthumbrian

Yes he is.

Christ, that really sums up it up, bog standard captain, bog standard manager, bog standard league postion.   

Allardyce is complete joke.

Our captain from the start of the season should have been Shay Given.

He is the player with longest career at Newcastle and he deserves to be a captain.

This is another stupid decision from the big head

making Given captain would be almost as stupid

Problem with having a shit player as a captain is it makes it almost impossible to drop them.

We need our captain to be someone who will start every game on merit, not because he's the team captain. That leaves us with a choice of (IMO):

Beye

Faye

N'Zogbia

Milner

Given

I'd rule out N'Zogbia and Milner on the grounds that they're too young and would struggle to command the respect of their team mates. That leaves Shay, Beye or Faye (Hmmm, rhymes as well!).

After that, it comes down to their respective personalities. Never met any of them so that side of it is hard for me to judge, but IMO Given isn't enough of a communicator to have the captaincy. So choice of 2 then. I'll go for Beye as Faye seems to pick up injuries.

Alan Smith makes me sick, Nicky Butt too.. anti-footballers to the max

Nicky Butts a good player & has done really well for us this season just like last imo. Hes just never been given a proper partner, someone to push forward next to him. He gives quality protection to the defence, grit & determination in abundance, and a cool head.

Nicky Butts a good player & has done really well for us this season just like last imo.

Hi Timnufc22,

I sit in the middle of the Gallowgate & he has looked shite from where I am sitting so if you want to swap seats drop me a PM before the next home game.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Beye has experience as captain also. Should be a dead cert over Smith; unfortunately he's leaving town for a while

Nicky Butts a good player & has done really well for us this season just like last imo.

Hi Timnufc22,

I sit in the middle of the Gallowgate & he has looked s**** from where I am sitting so if you want to swap seats drop me a PM before the next home game.

bluelaugh.gif