Downing

Thespence

Stewart Downing could be set to leave the Riverside if his contract talks continue to stall.

And that will alert Tottenham, Everton and Newcastle   who have been monitoring the England winger's future.

Downing has been in talks with Boro chiefs over a new contract for more than a year but no agreement has been reached.

Downing intimated last month that he may have to move on if the contract row is not resolved, but Gareth Southgate is desperate to keep the winger, who scored in Boro's 2-1 win at Bristol City in the FA Cup.

http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/Boro-ready-to-offload-10m.3644657.jp

"AND NEWCASTLE" it reminds of us being linked with Glasgow Rangers Hutton,  where we were known as "& Newcastle" or "and Newcastle"

Thanks,but NO thanks.

Zoggy is better then him

Define better.

Can play at LB,he is younger,dont rely only on his space like Downing.Zoggy has much better ball tehnique and his ball dribling is much better and in much higher speed then Downings.

Downing only use his space to create something.

Thanks,but NO thanks.

Zoggy is better then him

Define better.

Can play at LB,he is younger,dont rely only on his space like Downing.Zoggy has much better ball tehnique and his ball dribling is much better and in much higher speed then Downings.

Downing only use his space to create something.

Downing could play LB too.  It doesn't mean either of them are any good at it.  And if you think Downing relies on pace you need to stop playing FM and watch some proper football.

You're right that Downing uses space to create something though.  But fuck me, I thought that was the general idea.

Still don't rate Downing mind  :shifty:

Downing is to Milner as Nolan is to Emre.

Sideways steps.

Downing is a much better player than Milner tbh. Still not good enough though.

Guest thenorthumbrian

I thought the idea of signing new players was to improve on what we've got, not just sign a player who is at best about the same quality - not bad but nothing special either.

And Downing has already been booed by the Boro fans this season I don't think it was because he was showing great form.     

• 1 month later...