Sunday Sun Prints Optimistic Nut Post

Thespence

Quite ironic that Smith is castigated for his lack of goals - despite playing in midfield for the majority of games, and Emre is touted as a "top ball player" [who also doesn't score goals] and Nolan is written off [who does score goals]

:lol:

Nolan doesn't score that many, does he?

scores a few, I think, gets into the box for a midfield player anyway, more than Emre, more than Dire too  ........

The hypocrisy is what appealed the most.

:lol:

I was under the impression he scored a few when he took their pens (which I'm not using as a stick to beat him with - the best pen taker takes the pens) but other than that wasn't very prolific. I see what you're getting at but I agree with 2J.

His record isn't that much better than dyer's tbh, Nolan averages a goal every 6.5 games and Dyer every 6.9.

Take into account Nolan took the penalties for a few years and it should tell you how prolific he is.

Decent enough player in my opinion.

Mind when the likes of Deco et al are kicking the door down to sign for us...

trophy signing. I thought those things were over now  ;D

Shame you only read the first post from the sort of kneejerk twat that I thought only we attracted.  The vast majority of the other posts are saying that yes he had one poor game but they fully support him.

Plenty more where that came from, lad.

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39541&hl=nolan

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39176&hl=nolan

Shame you only read the first post from the sort of kneejerk t*** that I thought only we attracted.  The vast majority of the other posts are saying that yes he had one poor game but they fully support him.

Plenty more where that came from, lad.

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39541&hl=nolan

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39176&hl=nolan

And again reading all the posts show that "Bolton fans don't rate Nolan" is one hell of a generalisation.  For every person slagging him there are more supporting, and even many of those criticising him are saying he's being played out of position or needs a rest or that he hasn't been the same since Sam left. 

Like I said I'm no Nolan fan and I don't know if any of that's true or not (TBH I don't give a shit) but most of all the criticism aimed at him, little of it is because they don't rate him.

I've always been a big fan of Nolan but now isn't the time to sign him, only if he was going for a good price.

Creative players with pace are what we need most at the moment so Nolan can wait. We're so predictable going forward right now.

Guest Guinness

I actually quite like Nolan and wouldn't mind him here at the right price. He'd at least add some goal threat from central midfield which is something we're sorely missing at the moment.

I guess it all depends on what formation we are going to be playing in the longterm. If it's a 4-3-3 then you can see what Sam is trying to do, by putting together the kind of midfield he had at Bolton, with a Butt, Barton and Nolan midfield.

However, if we are going to play a 4-4-2, which we might do because of Owen, then Nolan might be more of a replacement for Barton to partner Butt.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/wanderers/wanderersnews/display.var.1948478.0.sam_lines_up_nolan_swoop.php

NEWCASTLE manager Sam Allardyce is hoping to sign Kevin Nolan in a sensational swoop on his former club.

The ex-Wanderers boss is rumoured to be on the verge of a move for the Bolton captain, pictured.

Allardyce has already raided his old club for defender Abdoulaye Faye, as well as taking several of the Whites backroom staff to St James Park.

advertisement

And the under-pressure Toon chief is now looking to lure the 25-year-old midfielder to Tyneside with doubts over the futures of Joey Barton and Emre.

Read the full story in Tuesday's Bolton News

I would take Nolan as a replacement for Barton, if Emre was to go I would like to see a similar type of player. For whatever reason Emre hasn't worked out here, IMO he is still a good player but due to injuries and managers lack of faith in him he has struggled.

Guest Terry2nil

:idiot2: Nolan? Yeah, he can bring his singing sisters with him too. Fat Sam will probably draft in Diouf & Campo as well.

Nolan is just another decent Premiership player - not good enough if we want to be successful.