Kazenga LuaLua joins Brighton permanently

Syrette

Last year of his contract no? Should have been given a chance or sold if you ask me. What good is another loan to Brighton do us?

If he does well, we can offer him a new deal in January, if not, he goes for nowt and we've not really lost anything.

Last year of his contract no? Should have been given a chance or sold if you ask me. What good is another loan to Brighton do us?

If he does well, we can offer him a new deal in January, if not, he goes for nowt and we've not really lost anything.

If he does well, every non-English team can offer him a deal in January?

Think as long as we offer him a contract and he turns it down, then yeah.

Maybe too much Football Manager with this one mind. :lol:

Think as long as we offer him a contract and he turns it down, then yeah.

Maybe too much Football Manager with this one mind. :lol:

No I think that's right, it's how we got Gosling because Everton hadn't got any contract signed it was just 'agreed' that it would be.

Don't understand why he's never been given a chance here, always looks lively and dangerous when I've seen him play.

Maybe he just isn't good enough? He has been here long enough for the people to know now surely?

Seems he obviously has no future here, if he did he would be in and around the first team squad now. I don't agree with that, but if that's the view of the management they should be trying to sell him now while he still has a bit of value.

Where does he fit in, as it stands? I agree that he has shown something when he has been given the chance in the first team, but the midfield is so heavily stocked at the moment - even taking the Ferguson/Guthrie injuries into account - that he would still struggle to be involved much at all.

There's still 9 other players after those two that I'd be happy to see ahead of him in the mix for a first team spot (the senior midfield players, plus Abeid and Vuckic).

The decision has obviously been made to put more stock into the other young midfielders that we have - all of which are younger than him, I think it's about two years or so for Abeid/Vuckic and around a year for Ferguson. There does come a point where you have too many players in a certain area and where it's more beneficial for the individual to loan them out/let them go.

Where does he fit in, as it stands? I agree that he has shown something when he has been given the chance in the first team, but the midfield is so heavily stocked at the moment - even taking the Ferguson/Guthrie injuries into account - that he would still struggle to be involved much at all.

There's still 9 other players after those two that I'd be happy to see ahead of him in the mix for a first team spot (the senior midfield players, plus Abeid and Vuckic).

The decision has obviously been made to put more stock into the other young midfielders that we have - all of which are younger than him, I think it's about two years or so for Abeid/Vuckic and around a year for Ferguson.

The problem for me is that none of the others are really right wingers but then I suppose Barton isn't either.

The decision has obviously been made to put more stock into the other young midfielders that we have - all of which are younger than him, I think it's about two years or so for Abeid/Vuckic and around a year for Ferguson. There does come a point where you have too many players in a certain area and where it's more beneficial for the individual to loan them out/let them go.

Yeah I know, fair point, I just think it's a shame we haven't utilised this quite exciting player we've had.

The decision has obviously been made to put more stock into the other young midfielders that we have - all of which are younger than him, I think it's about two years or so for Abeid/Vuckic and around a year for Ferguson.

The problem for me is that none of the others are really right wingers but then I suppose Barton isn't either.

Aye, but Carr was quite specific on Marveaux playing on either flank, and I'm sure Hatem could do the same to a very high level as well, Jonas has played there before (albeit less effectively than when he's on the left). We're fine.

I'm not at all worried about the midfield as it stands, but we can't afford too many more long-term injuries - like any club, really.

We have two senior players for each position, three exciting youngsters and then Routledge, Smith and R. Taylor as excess.

If he's off and Ferguson's injured, this is where (don't laugh) someone like Puncheon would come in handy just to act as flexible cover on the flanks to Marveaux, Barton, Jonas, Ben Arfa, etc, and he showed more in half a dozen games or so for Blackpool in the Premier League than what Routledge has whenever he's been there.

Ben Arfa should only ever play up front (well supporting the striker) imo :lol:

But with say:

Right - Jonas, Barton

Left - Marveaux, Ferguson

Centre - Tiote, Cabaye, Gosling, Guthrie

We should be alright, Abeid and Vuckic in reserve and given time for the cups. Obviously that is just for numbers sake, the likes of Jonas will probably start on the left more often than not.

How many midfielders do you want, man? :lol:

I think we could do with cover while Ferguson's out so someone like Puncheon would do a job imo.

If he's off and Ferguson's injured, this is where (don't laugh) someone like Puncheon would come in handy just to act as flexible cover on the flanks to Marveaux, Barton, Jonas, Ben Arfa, etc, and he showed more in half a dozen games or so for Blackpool in the Premier League than what Routledge has whenever he's been there.

Thought he had moved for some reason. How much is he apparently available for? If he is very cheap then it might be worth an extra 'proper' wideman, especially if the cost is offset by Routledge leaving.

Edit:

Wiki (I know, reliable!) reckon he might have a £450,000 release clause. If that's true then we would actually still be in profit (Gooooo Ashley!!) replacing Routledge with him.