Centre Of Midfield

hakka

It's worse now than it was under Roeder with Butt and Parker in the middle.

We desperately need someone to put their foot on the ball and start dictating the tempo of the game, either that or someone who can carry the ball forward and link up with the strikers, preferably someone who can do all of the above.

We'll probably end up with Nolan or someone similar though if fat Sam gets to pick.

It's worse now than it was under Roeder with Butt and Parker in the middle.

We desperately need someone to put their foot on the ball and start dictating the tempo of the game, either that or someone who can carry the ball forward and link up with the strikers, preferably someone who can do all of the above.

We'll probably end up with Nolan or someone similar though if fat Sam gets to pick.

Only because he feels under pressure which means he is less likely to take risks by bringing in players from abroad with no prem experience, who might need time to adapt.

I can't at the moment think of any prem experienced players who might be available and who would be significantly better than the likes of Nolan.

Only because he feels under pressure which means he is less likely to take risks by bringing in players from abroad with no prem experience, who might need time to adapt.

I can't at the moment think of any prem experienced players who might be available and who would be significantly better than the likes of Nolan.

Oh lets just sign that Sissoko & play him Faye in the middle of the park & baton down the hatches for the rest of the season.

Or lets see Sam do some arse licking & see if his pal Wegner will loan us any of his D men:Denilson,Diarra or Diaby

we need a proper athlete defensive midfielder ahead of a creative midfielder in my opinion.  Butt and Smith are about as mobile as dead ducks.  Someone who can get to second balls, shield the balls, run with the ball - look at the Portsmouth midfield perfect example.

We dont dominate procession enough to let a creative midfielder have space to open up times.  Would improve defending of set pieces in itself

If we're going to comtinue with 2 DMs i think Carrick might be worth an inquiry. It seems he's out of favour at Manure and he can pass the ball pretty well with both feet. The other DM can be the one actually does the tackling...

Maybe Diarra if it was in any way possible.

If we're going to comtinue with 2 DMs i think Carrick might be worth an inquiry. It seems he's out of favour at Manure and he can pass the ball pretty well with both feet. The other DM can be the one actually does the tackling...

Out of favour? 23 appearances this year.

Really! Scrap that then. I thought they were playing a combo of Hargreaves and Anderson atm.

With Man Utd unwilling to do business with us regarding the soon to be out of contract Wes Brown, there is no chance of getting Carrick or having the £££'s to do it if they were willing. Diarra is more possible.

Really! Scrap that then. I thought they were playing a combo of Hargreaves and Anderson atm.

Hargreaves has played far fewer times.

Was injured for fecking ages. He's starting now and Carrick's got his rightful place on the bench. There's a gulf in class between them two.

Was injured for fecking ages. He's starting now and Carrick's got his rightful place on the bench. There's a gulf in class between them two.

Yeah, i thought it was because Hargreaves was injured. I would guess that Fergie would see Hargreaves starting ahead of MC as a DM fitness permitting. Scholes (if fit) or Anderson to play alongside them.

Thinking about my post more now though, seeing as MC cost them £17m? i'm sure they wouldn't sell for anything like we'd be willing to pay.

Carrick has started in six of their last eight matches, including their last two.

Carrick has started in six of their last eight matches, including their last two.

can i ask where you are getting these stats, just so i can check them in future before i post ;-)

can i ask where you are getting these stats, just so i can check them in future before i post ;-)

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=17042

http://www.redissue.co.uk/news/loadrprt.asp?cid=MTCH

Hargreaves has started the last 3, and before that he suffered another injury. It's been a stop-start season for him but whenever they've had big games, he's started (Arse and Liv away).

No he didn't. :lol:

Came off the bench against Villa and Brum.