Centre Of Midfield

hakka

With Emre not in favour and Barton only recently no longer having to cry himself to sleep in a cell, what the hell do we do about a creative passer in midfield. 

We are currently crying out for someone to find a killer pass or to give the opposition keeper something to worry about from range (bar Zoggy).  I think the top priority during January is to bring in one or maybe even two creative centre midfielders.  I would love Emre to be that man, but this season he ain't so I would be happy for him to move on knowing that two were coming in. 

Our only threat from midfield is Duff, Zoggy or Milner... and that is sad.  Wingers have their jobs to do, but the pressure needs to be taken off them with a decent centre midfielder looking to make chances for our strikers or providing better passes to our wingers so they have more time to create a better shot/cross.  Viduka tried to drop back in first half against Stoke but could only offer a couple passes at best.  Even Owen dropped back looking for the ball to move it about a bit during the second half against Stoke.  These players shouldn't be having to do this.  It was embarrassing watching Nicky Butt trying to be that man too, with more shots being likely to leave the ground than hit the back of the net.

Question is, who can we even get during this transfer window that could offer us that creative edge in midfield?

Please, don't bother suggesting...

Diego

Riquelme

Van der Vaart

etc...

as I believe they are beyond our reach while we don't have European football to offer.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Butt is a defensive midfielder having to be the creator as well. Smith clearly isnt a centre midfielder but who else was availible for BS to pick from tonight with Barton and Emre out.

Cacapa wouldnt have delt with the aerial threat so Taylor and Faye had to play there

Emre flatters to decieve and dosnt do enough over 90 minutes to warrant a starting place. It is vital we get in 2 centre midfielder who can create as we have Faye and Butt as defensive midfielders. These are few and far between, and those that are about cost a hell of a lot of money.

Allardyce probably doesn't know who Diego is.

;D ;D

I wouldnt be surpriced to tell you the truth

I dont know why we never find this type of players from Brazil or Argentina before they come here in Europe for the first time.

We dont have scouts over there or what?

BTW I firmly believe allardyce has the chance to totally transform this team this month by getting high paced skillful players for midfield that know how to run and open up gaps.

He should go for barnes tbh and maybe a skillful midfielder from abroad. I would also like to see a mobile forward up front that causes problems all game. Someone with a bit of pace who can also play the physical game. Does not have to be great scorer just do enough to act as a foil for owen and push the teams defence far enough back to create space in midfielde

We should move heaven and earth to bring in Naldo & Diego.

Pay them £25m for the pair and offer whatever wages they think they are worth, show some intent that were not here just to make the numbers up.

BTW I firmly believe allardyce has the chance to totally transform this team this month by getting high paced skillful players for midfield that know how to run and open up gaps.

He should go for barnes tbh and maybe a skillful midfielder from abroad. I would also like to see a mobile forward up front that causes problems all game. Someone with a bit of pace who can also play the physical game. Does not have to be great scorer just do enough to act as a foil for owen and push the teams defence far enough back to create space in midfielde

Barnes is a great shout, £5m is the fee talked about, cracking little player.

Unfortunately, I don't think we are likely to sign the likes of Diego etc at this moment in time.

Sam is more likely to sign proven premiership players at the moment in order to help us progress more quickly (in his mind anyway!).

The best we can hope for therefore, are the likes of Sidwell and Nolan, who would be slightly better than Butt and Smith I suppose.

I wonder how much better we would be in the middle of the park if we had signed Sidwell and Nolan rather than Barton and Smith ...

Riquelme also is a great player with phenomenal vision and great tehnique.

My only concerns are if he will be able to adapt to the Premiership.

We saw what happened with Luque

He's just gone to Boca Juniors.

Arshavin

How many times you seen him play?

0. Not even a youtube-clip. Know pretty much nowt about him.

Why?

Same as most other people mentioning him a potential target then.

No reason.