Another "Owen: is he past it?" thread.. but with a poll

McCormick
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I cant believe they are ringing each other to say stuff like "aye see that lad on the forum hes a cunt, that is all, goodbye!" :lol:

Kev take a glass of warm milk, drink it and go to bed, sleep it off

If he stays injury-free he may get back to the form that made him one of the greatest strikers in the world. I see no other alternative to Owen whilst Martins is away so we just have to hope he doesn't get injured. If he misses half of our remaining league games this season then we must sell him in the summer.

Jamie just rang me to say that Kev rang him saying that he rang him saying that Dave was a c***

:lol: only comment thats made me laugh from what everyone has said about me n jamie

In my opinion Owen hasn't had a long enough run in the team to make a judgement yet, he's always being interrupted with injuries. If, here's hoping, he manages to play continually until the end of the season, and still fails to score, then either invest in several creative players, or get rid.

If Owen ever actually gets fit then judge him.  Its pointless looking at him when he's unfit and saying "he's slow and immobile or any other bollocks.  Anyone with even half a clue knows he needs 4 or 5 full games before he's properly fit and when he isn't properly fit he's nowhere near the same player.  That's why he should have been playing reserve games IMO.

If Owen ever actually gets fit then judge him.  Its pointless looking at him when he's unfit and saying "he's slow and imobile" or any other bollocks.  Anyone with even half a clue knows he needs 4 or 5 full games before he's properly fit and when he isn't properly fit he's nowhere near the same player.  That's why he should have been playing reserve games IMO.

Well there was not many reserve games played for the last month, and a competitive game against Stoke would have done him no harm at all.

Owen has directly disputed that Teasy, both for us and for England. He's always said when he comes back he's ready, doesn't believe in all this match sharpness stuff. Is he lying or just deluded?

The thing is though, we need him to be able to score when he is unfit, because in the five games he needs to get fit he usually re-injures himself.

We've been going round in circles with this for too long now. Make him available for a couple of million and lets call it a day.

He needs the players around him to actually give him service, or he's not going to be worthwhile at all, we'll be having the same arguments time and time again.

If you watch Owen closely when you're at the match, you'll notice he still makes some cracking runs, his anticipation and everything else is still fantastic, but we don't have the players to pick him out more often than not.

Been like that for a few years now Jonny. :nods:

It's much more obvious now due to how poorly we are playing in general. The dilemma is whether we can afford him in the team when he gives nothing without the service we cannot provide.

Owen has directly disputed that Teasy, both for us and for England. He's always said when he comes back he's ready, doesn't believe in all this match sharpness stuff. Is he lying or just deluded?

If someone tells me they're 6 foot tall and I can see they're 5 foot tall I'll believe my own eyes :)  Especially when everyone else seems to see the same as me.  I think he was just getting sick of the whole injury/fitness thing being talked about (which is understandable considering the nightmare he's had with it for the last few years).  But no matter what he says its clear as day to me that whenever Owen comes back from an injury he looks poor until he's played a few full games.  Which is why I never like to see him playing for us in any important game until he's had a few full reserve games behind him (perhaps another reason for him to deny the whole thing).

Agree with that. :thup:

Problem is, you know as well as I do, he's just too high-profile to play for the reserves. It's just not on the cards, however stupid that may be. So we get the joys of him playing for the first team like this.

As someone pointed out quite fairly too, those five or six games are normally enough to get him injured again... >:(