The Hitzfeld Campaign: Would it work now?

Mr Logic

Not with Hitzfeld, but if there was a manager out there now that we identified as the most likely to succeed. Would a campaign akin to the previous one have more effect? Shepherd called it a betting scam or something. Would the new owner/chairman listen any differently?

My patience with Sam has evaporated despite efforts to maintain it. People are saying he is still a good manager, that you don't become a poor manager overnight. I think he has revealed he's good at what he does and is incapable of change and/or adaptability. You have to work with what you've got and right now he insists on playing something that isn't working.

What people say about Sam can also be applied to the players, in fact it's far more applicable. You don't become a poor player overnight, assuming you were a good one in the first place. Even the most jaundiced view would concede the majority of our players are decent or even slightly better than that. They're not playing like that though. Why? Sam even has a clinical psychologist on the team, but there is little sign of teamwork or team spirit.

None of us can really claim to be qualified to judge what is wrong as we're not privvy to even half the information we would need to even guess that. But we can all see there is something wrong. And we can also see that it remains wrong, game after game.

The man in a position to correct it is not taking any steps to do so. Of course he probably is, but the route he has selected is so long that the incremental steps to improvement are so small as to be invisible. We just see the same thing. Crap football with no creativity or spirit.  So we stick with Sam, and 2 full seasons or more from now we are starting to win more than we lose, but the football, ugh! Painkillers all round cannot offset the full effects of it.

So if there was to be a change.. could we influence it? Let's face it, in the history of football what club has ever asked the fans whom they should employ as manager. It's maybe about time that was changed.

Guest Ridzuan

If you want to see a change,then go and vote for Obama yes? Back to this topic,yes I think it will work........if Freddy is given the job back,which of course will never happen even if World War 3 occurs.

We need more than some badly-daubed bed sheets and a dossier on the UK's best golf courses this time round imo.

Would we? I don't think so. If the previous campaign came to the attention of Shepherd then a new one would almost certainly come to the attention of the new regime who have already stated their intention of 'listening'.

We need more than some badly-daubed bed sheets and a dossier on the UK's best golf courses this time round imo.

Would we? I don't think so. If the previous campaign came to the attention of Shepherd then a new one would almost certainly come to the attention of the new regime who have already stated their intention of 'listening'.

Give it a whirl then. :lol:

Guest toonlass

And if said regime did not appoint the man you wanted to take control of the reigns, how many bedsheets would you be willing to buy?

Mind you, I don't think I said much about the "campaign" at the time, but now I think back it was an absoloute disgrace outside of the comedy value some of the other lads enjoyed from it.  A small number of fans deciding they know what's best for the club and attempting to force a change at the club by whatever means they could because everyone thought they were daft.

If you don't like something sing about it at the match, if you want someone new in charge, sing for them at the match.  If the crowd agree, they'll join in, if not you'll get howled down.  Democracy.

It was more the sheep on here who followed Pied Piper style despite knowing very little about the bloke that got me. You know who you are :razz: Peasepud made the most of it like.

It was more the sheep on here who followed Pied Piper style despite knowing very little about the bloke that got me. You know who you are :razz: Peasepud made the most of it like.

Looking back it is canny funny like. :lol:

Guest Brewcastle

It's allready clear. We won't win/qualify for anything this season. So for that reason - as others have said in another thread - Sam will probably stay. It's to expensive to get rid of him. -So far he doesn't get us in to a fight against relegation then :blush:.

IMO Ashley should call Rafa, and wish him welcome to NUFC if/the day Gillette sack him.

It will probably not happen before summer. That would be perfect for us. A bit cheaper to sack Sam then I guess. But should Rafa get sacked before end of season, and we can get him.........: Sam out!

Another scenario could be joining the competiton to get Mourinho. But probably a waste of time... He have allready given a comment about the climatic difference between London and Liverpool. So then I guess the "climatic gap" btw London and North East is to big for him (chicken)  bluerazz.gif .  

.....Or; maybe we should go for Trond Sollied? He's a lover of attacking football, and had a good run with Rosenborg in Norway and Olympiakos in Greece. Sollied's football-philosophy would suit NUFC well, and would have given football like Toon played with Keegan.

Looking back it is canny funny like. :lol:

Haha! My mate changed his name on the poker to Ottmar :lol:

A 'disgrace'. :lol:

:lol:

Can you imagine .com getting a dossier going for Steve Bruce and promoting him for the job?  2 blokes in their bedrooms could abuse their well earned position to completely fuck the club over.

Obviously this site couldn't though as it hasn't earned the respect of that one.  :razz:

Well exactly.

A bit silly? Got carried away? A complete waste of time? Got well and truly done over by Toontastic? Yes.

However unlikely, only in the 'best' interests of NUFC? Yes.

Mind you, I don't think I said much about the "campaign" at the time, but now I think back it was an absoloute disgrace outside of the comedy value some of the other lads enjoyed from it.  A small number of fans deciding they know what's best for the club and attempting to force a change at the club by whatever means they could because everyone thought they were daft.

If you don't like something sing about it at the match, if you want someone new in charge, sing for them at the match.  If the crowd agree, they'll join in, if not you'll get howled down.  Democracy.

what a hysterical post - all this talk of disgrace, a small cabal of fans forcing something on the rest, democracy. jesus wept.

what a hysterical post - all this talk of disgrace, a small cabal of fans forcing something on the rest, democracy. jesus wept.

What's more hysterical, the idea that the cabal thought their efforts would achieve anything or that I think they were wrong to even attempt it?

What's more hysterical, the idea that the cabal thought their efforts would achieve anything or that I think they were wrong to even attempt it?

sorry i left my hysteria measuring stick at home and can't give precise readings without it.  ???

sorry i left my hysteria measuring stick at home and can't give precise readings without it.  ???

It flicks up to maximum everytime you call for the managers head if you want to callibrate it.  :razz:

Hitzfeld is out of the running. He himself stated either he's becoming Swiss National Team coach after the Euro08 or he will remain as TV-expert.

No more other jobs in football.

I will slag Allardyce off in between games if he deserves it & the team is shite .I wont sing "Big Sams Black & White army" at games until I see a dramatic improvement.  But I wont be wanting Newcastle to lose games because he is in charge. I wont singing songs for heir's apparent out there. I definitely wont be supporting any campaign for any manager* to replace him while the Newcastle job is still his gig.

*= If Fergie or Wegner declare SJP is the place they want to work, I will be on that bandwagon.