Why is this forum so negative ?

Benwell Lad

Because every moment, decision, mistake, pass, shot etc. is analyzed on here in more detail and with more time, it's always the case that the forum will be over-sensitive to many issues. Because of the nature of a forum, you're always going to end up with a warped sense of negativity/positivity.

If you weren't part of a forum who obsesses over the club, you might not have noticed a few of Butt's misplaced passes, or Rozehnal fucking up a couple of times. But, because you are part of this (or any) forum, someone's going to mention it eventually and that's why every mistake our players make is magnified on here. That's why when things are good, this forum is a brilliant place. And when things are going bad, well...

So what happens in the future when all the fans in the ground are too young to remember the bad old days?

Face facts, fans can only refer to what they've seen with their own eyes. I'm sure we're having it much better than certain points in our history, but it doesn't excuse mistakes, and it doesn't excuse critisism.

OK granted you can't refer to that which you did not experience.

Put another way, think about the eighty odd football league teams (and their fans) who would love to have what NUFC has.

Or even another way,  think about our closest rivals in the "city" ten miles down the road.

Do we still have a lot to complain and moan about ?

There is no doubt that they would all love to be where we are right now. But that suggests we should rest on our laurels, happy to simply be in the top division every year. Happy to be above loads of other teams.

Where I personally (and I'm sure many others) get so disillusioned is when I think about where we could be, with this stadium, these facilities, this ridiculously loyal fanbase etc etc. And before anyone points it out, I know the previous board helped us to get to that status.

It's a terrible cliché, but we're the classic example of a sleeping giant. A 'could do better'. I don't see the issue with wanting the best. Of course there are loads of knee-jerking mongs (on the forums and at SJP), but who takes notice of them? I certainly don't.

I agree Dave - we should never rest on our laurels.

What I'm saying though is, in a broad perspective we're not actually that bad and were better off than most.

Like you that is NOT good enough for me, I want our club to taste success.

Our fans get too much stick.

When you are paying £20-45 to stand in the cold and watch that shit you should be able to "boo" to your hearts content all you like and without people complaining.

But you'd be more of a critic than a fan.

I like to stand with supporters rather than naysayers.

Because every moment, decision, mistake, pass, shot etc. is analyzed on here in more detail and with more time, it's always the case that the forum will be over-sensitive to many issues. Because of the nature of a forum, you're always going to end up with a warped sense of negativity/positivity.

If you weren't part of a forum who obsesses over the club, you might not have noticed a few of Butt's misplaced passes, or Rozehnal fucking up a couple of times. But, because you are part of this (or any) forum, someone's going to mention it eventually and that's why every mistake our players make is magnified on here. That's why when things are good, this forum is a brilliant place. And when things are going bad, well...

a good point, everyone pours over all the details with a fine toothcomb so nothing gets lost, whereas talk down the pub or the day after at work is more likely to be general and vague.

If you weren't part of a forum who obsesses over the club, you might not have noticed a few of Butt's misplaced passes, or Rozehnal f****** up a couple of times. But, because you are part of this (or any) forum, someone's going to mention it eventually and that's why every mistake our players make is magnified on here. That's why when things are good, this forum is a brilliant place. And when things are going bad, well...

Very wise post.

Once upon a time we got a daily report in the Chronicle, an occasional paragraph in the nationals and a couple of Match of the Day appearances each season.

There was a long concerted campaign on Tyneside to get rid of Joe Harvey,  (THE legend Joe Harvey) it was probably never mentioned at a national level.

It's all so different now.

Thank you for a somewhat long and constructive post. Always nice to see good old loyal fans around. I can't defend other people's views and opinions, but I can tell you mine. Being a foreigner, coming from Norway, I started to support Newcastle because Alan Shearer signed for you. Back in 1994 when he was playing for Blackburn, his side went to Norway during the summer to play against the Norwegian side Vaalerenga (Vålerenga). This was actually a big attraction of the famous Norway Cup, which is played every year at Ekebergsletta close to Oslo. I was lucky enough to personally shake his hand, and talk to him for a couple of minutes after the game. Later on that evening, at the age of 10 (still not knowing what EPL was), I were to decide which team to support in England. The final choice became Alan Shearer and Blackburn, with Man Utd on a good second place (Man Utd does not have a place anymore ;) ) The rest, well.. it's history..

I've never been in Newcastle, never seen a live game, but I see almost every match the team is playing on TV ... the rest I pick up from internet forums and news....My best moment's got to be the Kelloggs commercial with Keegan and Newcasle :lol:, and the worst is sacking Sir Bobby Robson (so ashamed) :-[.

After the takeover, I honestly expected us to do what other takeover-clubs do (like man city and my "Swedish  neighbour" Sven Göran) buy and transform the club - totally. Some part of me actually expected us to do a Chelsea - which today would have suited me well. But that didn't happen.

Instead we were going another way, buy clever and buy long-term, now... how can any of you say we have done that? Yes, we have 2-3 good signings this summer (faye, beye and enrique), but it's this 'other way' I don't understand. I don't think Man City has just splashed the cash playing Russian Rullette - Sven Göran has proven he can rebuild a club given just part of the summer (even coming in later than Allardyce).

Futher, one can draw a comparsion between Sam Allardyce and Joey Barton with the headline : You get what you pay for. Most Newcastle fans want attacking (almost gung-ho) football with fast, technical players dribbling the oppositions butt off in true Asprilla style - Allardyce does not have such a working philosophy. You clearly see that from the players he have brought in (trying to stabilize - yes  but not aiming to play attracting and attacking football). Moving over to Joey Barton believing he would stay out of trouble was nothing but hope, you think Vinny Jones would turn into a good boy if we brought him from Wimbledon? Nope, again, you gt what you pay for.

I'm pretty undecided as to wether Sam is the man to turn things around. I have no doubt what so ever that he is a very very good manager, and that he can handle pressure. In fact he, as anyone else, can be successful. And I think he will turn things around at our club given time, but he will do it the way he is confident of doing it - and that's where my uncertainty about Sam really is. I don't want us to play boring football with long balls (In true Egil "Drillo" Olsen style) Hoofing the ball up to a tiny Oba Martins and an unfit Owen, who both clearly aren't shaped to reach the "Crouch height", and then hope for the best - or look at it another way : So Sam can later on comment on SSN - "We pumped the ball up, unfortunatley Martins and Owen weren't there to get it, but we defended well and just conceeded / didn't conceed". My point is - you get what you pay for and people do their job in accordance to their abilities, their experience - in short they way they are confident of doing it. Just the way you do our every-day-job, right ? You do it the way you know it worked yesterday.

People here complain about the way we are playing, the way things have turned since the summer - it's a transformation - a transformation into the Allardyce style (see above - the way he knows he has succeeded in the past). And I think that the players we see that don't play well, is the players that will leave sooner or later. Not because they aren't playing well, but because they can't adapt to Sam's style.

So will a different, and maybe more reputated manager, do any better? Well, for once, if *he get the financial backup needed, and in truth that's expected from Ashley. Maybe. We might build ourself a team of stars.

Will we see a different style of play? Certainly.

Are we guaranteed success? Not at all. But logically speaking - a more reputated manager will have greater experience handling different aspects and his successess in the past should give him a better chance of succeeding now.

*he and him = referring to a new manager.

In other words, I highly doubt Sam Allardyce is the man to turn Newcastle into the playing side most people would like to see. But he will succeed at the things he's good at.

Thanks for reading. *puh*

Well said imo.

In terms of entertainment, which is what we would all hope for, Sam's unlikely to deliver - short or long term. I believe the majority of the current negativity has come about from that realisation. In the summer everyone was on a high, the majority at least. Gone was the old regime, new owners and a new manager - positive transformations were the order of all expectations.

It's the football that has crashed everyone back to earth. There would be nowhere near the amount of negativity if we had just a few more points on board from watching good games.

There would be nowhere near the amount of negativity if we had just a few more points on board from watching good games.

or if we had just played something resembling football, some of the time. We look like an NFL team ffs, half expect viduka to catch the ball and celebrate for gaining 30 yards

i dont see the point in these introspective threads going on about certain fans not being worthy enough or not having the right perspective (ergo damaging the club, tho not neccessarily said in this particular OP). are the fans of chelsea, man utd, liverpool and arsenal mustache-stroking, pipe-smoking, poet-philosopher-princes who spent 10 years in tibet pondering their clubs place in the universe in order to support them appropriately or assess their value to the correct degree? nah, those clubs have far more mongish, impatient, hanger-on and glory-hunter fans than our club will ever have but they're also way more successful than us.

anyway back on point, as someone else said, there's simply more to talk about when things arent so great, no one phones into talk radio to talk about how great speed bumps are, even tho they do a job calming traffic. look at RAWK, liverpool havent done badly under rafa and there's plenty good to talk about at the club, yet they'll still pick up on little issues that concern them, even if the overall picture at the club is better than at 99% of clubs round the world. likewise you wouldnt tell someone in the UK to stop complainig about our govt just cos russia's govt is worse, it's relative. that carlisle or scunthorpe would love to be in our position isn't that relevant.

Very philosophical. Good post.

Guest clownhat

i dont see the point in these introspective threads going on about certain fans not being worthy enough or not having the right perspective (ergo damaging the club, tho not neccessarily said in this particular OP). are the fans of chelsea, man utd, liverpool and arsenal mustache-stroking, pipe-smoking, poet-philosopher-princes who spent 10 years in tibet pondering their clubs place in the universe in order to support them appropriately or assess their value to the correct degree? nah, those clubs have far more mongish, impatient, hanger-on and glory-hunter fans than our club will ever have but they're also way more successful than us.

anyway back on point, as someone else said, there's simply more to talk about when things arent so great, no one phones into talk radio to talk about how great speed bumps are, even tho they do a job calming traffic. look at RAWK, liverpool havent done badly under rafa and there's plenty good to talk about at the club, yet they'll still pick up on little issues that concern them, even if the overall picture at the club is better than at 99% of clubs round the world. likewise you wouldnt tell someone in the UK to stop complainig about our govt just cos russia's govt is worse, it's relative. that carlisle or scunthorpe would love to be in our position isn't that relevant.

agreed... we're english if we couldn't complain then we'd just be bored and would have less excuses to visit the pub.

supporting newcastle is character building, every match day i wake up with a strong belief that some how, without a doubt we gonna win. i also spend a good few minutes examining how the table will look *when* we win our next 3 games... but then, more often than not we don't win and we play shite so i bitch and moan about it until next game when i wake up with the same irrational feeling of imminent success, put my lucky pants on and keep my fingers crossed...

but fuck it thats why i love football!

agreed... we're english if we couldn't complain then we'd just be bored and would have less excuses to visit the pub.

supporting newcastle is character building, every match day i wake up with a strong belief that some how, without a doubt we gonna win. i also spend a good few minutes examining how the table will look *when* we win our next 3 games... but then, more often than not we don't win and we play shite so i bitch and moan about it until next game when i wake up with the same irrational feeling of imminent success, put my lucky pants on and keep my fingers crossed...

:thup: :lol:

That's me every time a game comes around.

Thank you for a somewhat long and constructive post. Always nice to see good old loyal fans around. I can't defend other people's views and opinions, but I can tell you mine. Being a foreigner, coming from Norway, I started to support Newcastle because Alan Shearer signed for you. Back in 1994 when he was playing for Blackburn, his side went to Norway during the summer to play against the Norwegian side Vaalerenga (Vålerenga). This was actually a big attraction of the famous Norway Cup, which is played every year at Ekebergsletta close to Oslo. I was lucky enough to personally shake his hand, and talk to him for a couple of minutes after the game. Later on that evening, at the age of 10 (still not knowing what EPL was), I were to decide which team to support in England. The final choice became Alan Shearer and Blackburn, with Man Utd on a good second place (Man Utd does not have a place anymore ;) ) The rest, well.. it's history..

I've never been in Newcastle, never seen a live game, but I see almost every match the team is playing on TV ... the rest I pick up from internet forums and news....My best moment's got to be the Kelloggs commercial with Keegan and Newcasle :lol:, and the worst is sacking Sir Bobby Robson (so ashamed) :-[.

After the takeover, I honestly expected us to do what other takeover-clubs do (like man city and my "Swedish  neighbour" Sven Göran) buy and transform the club - totally. Some part of me actually expected us to do a Chelsea - which today would have suited me well. But that didn't happen.

Instead we were going another way, buy clever and buy long-term, now... how can any of you say we have done that? Yes, we have 2-3 good signings this summer (faye, beye and enrique), but it's this 'other way' I don't understand. I don't think Man City has just splashed the cash playing Russian Rullette - Sven Göran has proven he can rebuild a club given just part of the summer (even coming in later than Allardyce).

Futher, one can draw a comparsion between Sam Allardyce and Joey Barton with the headline : You get what you pay for. Most Newcastle fans want attacking (almost gung-ho) football with fast, technical players dribbling the oppositions butt off in true Asprilla style - Allardyce does not have such a working philosophy. You clearly see that from the players he have brought in (trying to stabilize - yes   but not aiming to play attracting and attacking football). Moving over to Joey Barton believing he would stay out of trouble was nothing but hope, you think Vinny Jones would turn into a good boy if we brought him from Wimbledon? Nope, again, you gt what you pay for.

I'm pretty undecided as to wether Sam is the man to turn things around. I have no doubt what so ever that he is a very very good manager, and that he can handle pressure. In fact he, as anyone else, can be successful. And I think he will turn things around at our club given time, but he will do it the way he is confident of doing it - and that's where my uncertainty about Sam really is. I don't want us to play boring football with long balls (In true Egil "Drillo" Olsen style) Hoofing the ball up to a tiny Oba Martins and an unfit Owen, who both clearly aren't shaped to reach the "Crouch height", and then hope for the best - or look at it another way : So Sam can later on comment on SSN - "We pumped the ball up, unfortunatley Martins and Owen weren't there to get it, but we defended well and just conceeded / didn't conceed". My point is - you get what you pay for and people do their job in accordance to their abilities, their experience - in short they way they are confident of doing it. Just the way you do our every-day-job, right ? You do it the way you know it worked yesterday.

People here complain about the way we are playing, the way things have turned since the summer - it's a transformation - a transformation into the Allardyce style (see above - the way he knows he has succeeded in the past). And I think that the players we see that don't play well, is the players that will leave sooner or later. Not because they aren't playing well, but because they can't adapt to Sam's style.

So will a different, and maybe more reputated manager, do any better? Well, for once, if *he get the financial backup needed, and in truth that's expected from Ashley. Maybe. We might build ourself a team of stars.

Are we guaranteed success? Not at all. But logically speaking - a more reputated manager will have greater experience handling different aspects and his successess in the past should give him a better chance of succeeding now.

In other words, I highly doubt Sam Allardyce is the man to turn Newcastle into the playing side most people would like to see. But he will succeed at the things he's good at.

Well said imo.

In terms of entertainment, which is what we would all hope for, Sam's unlikely to deliver - short or long term. I believe the majority of the current negativity has come about from that realisation. In the summer everyone was on a high, the majority at least. Gone was the old regime, new owners and a new manager - positive transformations were the order of all expectations.

It's the football that has crashed everyone back to earth. There would be nowhere near the amount of negativity if we had just a few more points on board from watching good games.

People sometimes refer to Sam's "previous success". What he actually did was an OK/decent job at a small Premiership team.

However with the exception of Keegan and SBR the football we've played this season is about as good or bad as anything else we've served up in the top flight since the sixties. Joe Harvey and Cox had their moments - but mainly in the second tier.

Sam's got the job right now so I'll support him. If a new Keegan or Sir Bobby exists and would come to us for the right reasons then I'd support them too.

supporting newcastle is character building, every match day i wake up with a strong belief that some how, without a doubt we gonna win. i also spend a good few minutes examining how the table will look *when* we win our next 3 games... but then, more often than not we don't win and we play s**** so i bitch and moan about it until next game when i wake up with the same irrational feeling of imminent success, put my lucky pants on and keep my fingers crossed...

but f*** it thats why i love football!

:thup: :lol:

That's me every time a game comes around.

Me too. I wish I could get over it !

After feeling like being raped every week for the last 13 years im not that positive anymore

Not 13 but after Bobby was sacked..

Trust me mate the last 13 years supporting NUFC has been like heaven compared to the 30 years before that.

I'd rather compare us to our "rivals" than our team from 30 years ago.

After feeling like being raped every week for the last 13 years im not that positive anymore

Not 13 but after Bobby was sacked..

Trust me mate the last 13 years supporting NUFC has been like heaven compared to the 30 years before that.

I'd rather compare us to our "rivals" than our team from 30 years ago.

Man City, Villa, Pompey, Everton and Blackburn?

Haha thats me too.

Top original post too Benwell lad, if you read most of my posts I always try to stay positive and see the brighter side of current situations but I end up giving in to the supreme negativity on this board and tend not to visit for a while after a match.

This board is a great place when we've won, like other people have said but whenever we lose........jesus, I try to avoid this place like the plague. The same posters seem to crop up time and time again....

Futher, one can draw a comparsion between Sam Allardyce and Joey Barton with the headline : You get what you pay for. Most Newcastle fans want attacking (almost gung-ho) football with fast, technical players dribbling the oppositions butt off in true Asprilla style - Allardyce does not have such a working philosophy. You clearly see that from the players he have brought in (trying to stabilize - yes  but not aiming to play attracting and attacking football). Moving over to Joey Barton believing he would stay out of trouble was nothing but hope, you think Vinny Jones would turn into a good boy if we brought him from Wimbledon? Nope, again, you gt what you pay for.

Well said imo.

People sometimes refer to Sam's "previous success". What he actually did was an OK/decent job at a small Premiership team.

However with the exception of Keegan and SBR the football we've played this season is about as good or bad as anything else we've served up in the top flight since the sixties. Joe Harvey and Cox had their moments - but mainly in the second tier.

Sam's got the job right now so I'll support him. If a new Keegan or Sir Bobby exists and would come to us for the right reasons then I'd support them too.

Thank you GypsyKing for reading my post:)

Benwell Lad: Thanks for replying. Well... you said : People sometimes refer to Sam's "previous success". What he actually did was an OK/decent job at a small Premiership team.

People doesn't only sometimes do this. People do it all the time. It's been done in another thread were people rated his successors based on their CVs and previous achievements. It's done on a daily basis in the business world too. If I were to appoint you, I would judge you based on what you have achieved in the past, right?

You are probably right about the way we play, with exception of Keegan and Robson - however, I'm concerned about Sam's long-term plan and style of play.

Why are the majority of contributors to this board so negative about Newcastle United ?

It may be an old notion but aren't football supporters supposed to be stoically upbeat about their team through thick and thin especially those who don't mind sometimes being referred to as "the best in England"

I'm one of the older posters on here and along with a few others can remember REALLY bad times.  Some on here have had no NUFC supporting experience outside the top league, and most of that has been sprinkled with high league placings, European football and decent cup runs. And yet we get page after page deriding the club and whinging on about how bad things are and how "s****" all our highly paid internationals are.

Imagine (god forbid) we'd been born mackems - now they have had it rough - compared to them we ARE a success story.

Even today's top post is just loaded with miserable self pity and jokes about how bad it is going to be to play Arsenal away. Twenty or thirty years ago we'd have been salivating about that draw and getting ready to queue up Barrack Road for hours to get a ticket, before heading south to take over North London for an afternoon, being totally defiant about our chances and "upping" our players despite having a much worse team and much less chance than we will have this time (assuming we beat Stoke of course ??)

This board has it's mackem stooges masquerading as NUFC fans to stir things up and it's share of moaners (just like "that bloke" who sits behind you at the match annoying the sh*t out of you) but it seems that everyone is getting dragged into it.

Right now we are in a period of transition with new (wealthy) owners, a manager attempting to change the ethos of the team and club, and new players.

Get behind them, we've sang the songs about loyalist supporters, Geordie boot boys etc - we should try living up to it.

You get nowhere in life if you set your worst achievements as your standards, just because we've been worse than we are now doesn't change what we are now.  5 years ago we were playing in the Champions League, that’s what we should be looking for, that should be the standards we look to emulate and we are nowhere near that at this time.

I also think some older fans have poor memories because I can remember chants of “Harvey out” and I also remember sitting in the East stand against Sheffield United in a friendly when Jack Charlton was given so much stick that he walked out of the club.  I’m sure you’ll remember chants of “Westwood is a pirate” reverberating around the ground.

The fans today are no different to what they were a few years ago, except that we’ve had better times and want them to return.  I’ve been all over watching Newcastle and will have seen us hundreds of times in the old second division.  We’ve played shit during those times and made that known, I was at Chelsea when we lost 6-0 and at 4 we had our own fans chanting “we want 5” which then changed to” we want 6,” I don’t remember anybody tempting fate and asking for 7.

I didn't feel any less of a supporter at Wigan when I was singing "we're shit and we're sick of it" than I did when I was part of a sit down protest in the Leazes the last time before they knocked it down and we were relegated, I sang like mad in support of the club that day but I wasn't a better supporter because of it, probably more naive than anything.

If people are happy with our current situation then that’s up to them, I’m not and I’ll support the club and team but I’ll not pretend we’re anything other than poor at the minute.

Why are the majority of contributors to this board so negative about Newcastle United ?

It may be an old notion but aren't football supporters supposed to be stoically upbeat about their team through thick and thin especially those who don't mind sometimes being referred to as "the best in England"

I'm one of the older posters on here and along with a few others can remember REALLY bad times.  Some on here have had no NUFC supporting experience outside the top league, and most of that has been sprinkled with high league placings, European football and decent cup runs. And yet we get page after page deriding the club and whinging on about how bad things are and how "s****" all our highly paid internationals are.

Imagine (god forbid) we'd been born mackems - now they have had it rough - compared to them we ARE a success story.

Even today's top post is just loaded with miserable self pity and jokes about how bad it is going to be to play Arsenal away. Twenty or thirty years ago we'd have been salivating about that draw and getting ready to queue up Barrack Road for hours to get a ticket, before heading south to take over North London for an afternoon, being totally defiant about our chances and "upping" our players despite having a much worse team and much less chance than we will have this time (assuming we beat Stoke of course ??)

This board has it's mackem stooges masquerading as NUFC fans to stir things up and it's share of moaners (just like "that bloke" who sits behind you at the match annoying the sh*t out of you) but it seems that everyone is getting dragged into it.

Right now we are in a period of transition with new (wealthy) owners, a manager attempting to change the ethos of the team and club, and new players.

Get behind them, we've sang the songs about loyalist supporters, Geordie boot boys etc - we should try living up to it.

You get nowhere in life if you set your worst achievements as your standards, just because we've been worse than we are now doesn't change what we are now.  5 years ago we were playing in the Champions League, that’s what we should be looking for, that should be the standards we look to emulate and we are nowhere near that at this time.

I also think some older fans have poor memories because I can remember chants of “Harvey out” and I also remember sitting in the East stand against Sheffield United in a friendly when Jack Charlton was given so much stick that he walked out of the club.  I’m sure you’ll remember chants of “Westwood is a pirate” reverberating around the ground.

The fans today are no different to what they were a few years ago, except that we’ve had better times and want them to return.  I’ve been all over watching Newcastle and will have seen us hundreds of times in the old second division.  We’ve played shit during those times and made that known, I was at Chelsea when we lost 6-0 and at 4 we had our own fans chanting “we want 5” which then changed to” we want 6,” I don’t remember anybody tempting fate and asking for 7.

I didn't feel any less of a supporter at Wigan when I was singing "we're shit and we're sick of it" than I did when I was part of a sit down protest in the Leazes the last time before they knocked it down and we were relegated, I sang like mad in support of the club that day but I wasn't a better supporter because of it, probably more naive than anything.

If people are happy with our current situation then that’s up to them, I’m not and I’ll support the club and team but I’ll not pretend we’re anything other than poor at the minute.

Experience should make you a better judge.

Man Utd's lap of honour two seasons ago when they only finished 2nd:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4485/ysifsiv7.jpg

We're no better or worse than many other sets of fans. Difference being that no support even close to the size and passion of ours gets continually kicked in the bollocks as much as we do.

Man Utd's lap of honour two seasons ago when they only finished 2nd:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4485/ysifsiv7.jpg

We're no better or worse than many other sets of fans. Difference being that no support even close to the size and passion of ours gets continually kicked in the bollocks as much as we do.

Who else would get our support with our lack of achievement?

Experience should make you a better judge.

Are you happy with our current situation?

you must have missed the hundreds of posts I've made about the current board and showing ambition like the old board did, unlike some people who seem happy enough with how things are, prioritising balancing the books and defending a lack of desire to get back into europe at least, asap.

In fact, you haven't missed them, because you have responded to some and disagreed with me, which must mean you are happy with the current position and future prospects.

You have also clearly stated in the past, you were not happy with a board who gained 3 top 5 consecutive league positions for the first time in 50 years, preferring some of their predecessors who sold our best players and only finished in the top 5 once in over 30 years.

Very odd.