Who would you prefer?

Guest LucasUnger
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest nufc_geordie

Dean Ashton is quality. If there was any hope in getting him I would hope we were in for him but I doubt it. Otherwise Defoe. I know Diarra would be a better player than what we have in the middle at the moment but we need firepower more than anything else until the end of the season. If we could loan Diarra with an option to buy in the summer then ideal, but I certainly wouldn't waste any transfer budget on hi at the moment. Attacking players are what we need.

personally I voted Ashton.

We need another big striker IMO and he would provide us with that, he often comes deep allowing Owen/Martins to go forward like they prefer.

He would basically give us what we get from Viduka but I think he would score more goals a season to be honest.

He has been a crock over the last year or so but like Owen's knee that was circumstantial

Ashton is an average prem player with a recently horrific injury record, why people think that would be a good signing i do not know?

I wouldn't say he is a fantastic player but he works the channels and would probs suit Sams three up top formation.

So from that point of view it would probs be an ok signing.  Depending on the price and his inuries.

Diarra,

Need someone creative in the midfield that can actually create chances.

Is Diarra really as creative as some people are making out?  Genuine question.  I've seen him a number of times and while he's better than what we already have, he's never stood out as being that creative and I'm not convinced he's quite the player some people think.

Ashton is an average prem player with a recently horrific injury record, why people think that would be a good signing i do not know?

Couldn't agree more.

Guest Deep456

Fred, Diarra, Laursen and Diego please

If that happens we will be in the top 6. I want Laursen,Diego,Kadar and Arshavin.

Diarra,

Need someone creative in the midfield that can actually create chances.

Is Diarra really as creative as some people are making out?  Genuine question.  I've seen him a number of times and while he's better than what we already have, he's never stood out as being that creative and I'm not convinced he's quite the player some people think.

He's a defensive midfielder and creates next to nothing.

Better than Nicky Butt and has plenty of potential but he's not going to be the answer to our problems.