The 'SSN sources' thread...

Dave

Latest news had David Craig outside SJP at approximately 22:04 hours, saying that the latest from the club is that while Alan Shearer is held in very high esteem here by officials and fans alike, the line from NUFC is that they are in the market for an "experienced manager". No mention of British or foreign, just that it looks very unlikely to be the sheet metal worker's son from Gosforth.

anyone know how to spell nationality?

Typo man, in all the excitement of being proven right about SSN being a bunch of shitehawks.

Is there a statement now?

No, but they've changed their story. The truth is still out there, somewhere, but SSN probably won't be the ones to report it. They're busy covering all angles so that they can say they told us this way back when, if it eventually comes off.

SSN - insiders say the club are looking for "experienced manager" no criteria laid down about nationality.

Thank fuck. I'm breathing a massive sigh of relief now that it seems we haven't ruled anyone out yet.

It rules the likes of Shearer out...

does anyone get the feeling (due to the timing, allowing him to bid for wes brown etc) that they actually have someone set and are tying things up ?

Yes.  I think that's totally consistent with what we've seen of how Mort and Ashley operate.  They seem to get things lined up privately and then move quickly.

Like i said earlier the "not a foreign manager" was not quoted by the club anywhere ive seen.

And did someone say "Bookies are never wrong"? If the British Manager bit was right i see a s*** load of "Wrong Bookies" linking us to foreigners  :shifty:

If you mean offering a bet as linking then they're linking us with Ant & Dec too.

Its Newcastle,anything is possible.

Besides i thought their "man management" skills were good on im a celebrity.

I for one am hoping Redknapp will come out soon and promise he'll stick with Portsmouth.

I hope it's on the BBC. :lol:

That doesn't even make sense!! Boo Dave, BOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm waiting for someone to come in and tell us to stop ruining a thread... we may be here a while. :lol:

The Allardyce interview was the most telling.

He said he was surprised and this is the best news there is for us because it means he didn't quit. It wasn't Allardyce's decision, and so the club wasn't caught out by it or anything.

If Allardyce was suddenly caught out then it is very likely that this is the case because we have already approached someone and are close to tying things up I believe.

It seems Alan Oliver was right I hate to say.