The "I will do something obscene if the club appoints McClaren" thread.

oldtype

Hopefully some people going to OT at the weekend will take some kind of banner saying "NOT McCLAREN" to get the message across to Ashley.

Why don't they take one saying "Not Graham" or "Not Venables" or even "Not Joe Bloggs"? It's not going to be McClaren ffs, it's a ludicrous suggestion.

blame all the fans for driving out a perfectly class manager.

You believe this? Mort was backing him all the way until *something happened*. Aye, he's been given the heave-ho, but I don't think it's got much to do with the fans.

You believe this? Mort was backing him all the way until *something happened*. Aye, he's been given the heave-ho, but I don't think it's got much to do with the fans.

The fans have actually been pretty apathetic in recent weeks. Before that they were far harsher.

No. It was more a displeasure at the board in general. The panic at present that we might get another equally average manager is hilarious. Don't get me wrong I'd love it if someone like Mourinho had signed but I really really can't see it.

Fingers crossed I guess.

They cheered him off at Stoke.

EDIT: Just to save my arse in case i'm wrong and get criticised for saying concrete things when i wasn't there to witness it, etc, that's just what it looked like. He had a big smile when he walked off anyhow.

EDIT: Just to save my arse in case i'm wrong and get criticised for saying concrete things when i wasn't there to witness it, etc, that's just what it looked like. He had a big smile when he walked off anyhow.

They did.

They did, .com have it in the their match report.

Guest Ridzuan

I rather drive myself in a McClaren formula one car and crash myself dead then watching Steve McClaren being appointed.God,please dont let that happen.

"crash myself dead"

:lol:

:lol:

Seriously though, no chance of McLaren.  Ashley's green enough about football to be wowed by household names however poor they may be nowadays, but even my lass knows that McLaren is a joke. If you fuck up as England manager you become the staple "rubbish footbal person" used for jokes in stuff like OK Magazine and Two Pints Of Lager.  No-one could be ignorant to his failings.  Some of the other potential appointments however...