Man Utd vs Newcastle Utd - Match Thread

Decky

Given - 4 - First 2 were largely his fault.

Carr- 3 - FUCK OFF, you're genuinely shit.

Enrique - 4 - Not always totally shite. Thats better than normal.

Cacapa- 3 - Oh, aye, fucking great buy. Out of his depth. Again.

Taylor- 5- Best defender we had (granted, not too hard). Deserves a better partner.

Butt- 4 - One paper said Capello would be looking at him with interest. Only to point and laugh, i'm guessing.

Smith- 2 - Fucking shite, as always. Please, please fuck off.

Duff- 3 - All over the place, but not in a good way.

N'Zogbia - 5 - Our best LW. Play. Him. There.

Milner- 4- Our best RW, only crosser from the right we had, but never got a hold of the game.

Owen - 3 - Would rather he actually touched the ball now and again.

Overall: Pearson out.

just got back,

we were outstanding for the first 45 minutes, but i came back tonight and im not as gutted as i should be...what a game of football i watched in the second half, but we were woeful

nzogbia and taylor were amazing, we (fans) were the 12th man, cant believe how much we sung for getting murdered, NOTICE HOW ONLY TAYLOR APPRECIATED THAT?! why the fuck do the players never come and clap us?!  :rant:

Nah, we just about held our own, athough were still second best, in the first half. Then they went up a (single, one of many they had spare) gear, and as we had nothing, we got predictably humped.

Thats the team that Sam built, folks. £25m, 9 players, and we're left with the likes of Smith, and having to play Carr at RB. Shouldn't keep sacking managers? Get to fuck, we shouldn't be employing such bad ones.

Guest nufcfan76

Once again we're totally run off the park-

Would agree with the above and add-

Given- woeful, and swiftly losing his reputation as one of the best- bring in Harper

Carr- out of his depth, some great saves but his marking was horrid and he's slow at best- he makes up for his lack of height with foul play

Taylor- over-rated and can’t consistantly clear a ball or stop a shot to save his life- no doubting his heart and will most likely improve in a more settled club

Cacapa- brushed off the ball too easily, has no communication with team at the back- finding the prem is not as easy as League 1

Enrique- marking is horrid, his passing/long balls are decent as well as his brushing off the ball- he needs to drive forward instead of looking to pass back- can't communicate either

Milner- loses possession too easily, finishing is poor and looks to take long shots or just hoof the ball in via wild crosses to no none going forward- has much potential and looks to be more solid than the rest... still can't believe he was taken off though

Butt- poor going forward, no finishing and loses possession too easily, a black hole of creativity but his tackling and marking are decent

Smith- same as above but with even less guile and creativity, toothless in attack and can't link well- as a capt he should set the example- and he does: of what not to do...

N'Zog- best player by far, just short of final pass or finish but gives away the ball too much- Arsenal would love this kid

Duff- no help and looks beyond frustrated by his dull, if uninterested teammates- is nowhere near the threat he once was and is miles away from opposition's goal or even the final 1/3

Owen- no service, no calls and once again we're robbed of a perfectly good Owen goal- has no link between himself and other players and is about as sharp as a spoon

Viduka- only effective in the final 1/3 to which we can’t even build up to- wasted and runs like he's 50, bring on Ameobi

Rozey- brought too late on to save face, erm...

I must say though that United were outstanding aside from phantom contact on an overly dramatic, if not blatantly dishonest cheating b****** that is CR. And is it me or does Tevez look like some sort of Cro-Magnon?

Read the bit about Taggart!

Manchester United 6 Newcastle United 0

Jan 14 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

IT breaks my heart to say it. But I will.

Newcastle United have now become the biggest joke in football.

My dear 83-year-old mum told me that United have become a laughing stock.

And that was just before Saturday’s 6-0 humiliation by Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Indeed I cannot remember when the spirit and morale of this football club was so low.

The day started with Harry Redknapp catching out everybody, including yours truly. And it proceeded to get worse.

Before the game the club released an official statement, no doubt under the instructions of their chairman Chris Mort, saying that Redknapp was only one of several candidates for their vacant managerial job, but I find that hard to believe.

Then they said that they had pulled the plug on Harry because he wanted a jet to bring him up to Tyneside. Redknapp went on the record as saying that was simply not true.

United could not even get Oba Martins on to the pitch after they thought they had an agreement with the Nigerian FA that he could play. There was no sign of Martins – and wasn’t he the lucky one?

One player who did get on to the pitch was Steven Taylor and he was probably the only United man to stand up and be counted in the second half when United leaked six goals after the break for the first time since they could not handle Jimmy Greaves and Chelsea at St James’s Park on Grand National Day back in 1961.

Yet while he has given new deals to Charles N’Zogbia, James Milner and Nicky Butt, the United chairman has not come up with a revised contract to satisfy the Taylor camp.

Even after the game United could not get it right when they decided, before the players had trooped dejectedly into the dressing room, they would not be allowed to talk to the media.

On the field it was just as bad.

Obviously nobody expected United to win. But the fans had every right to expect that the players in black-and-white would not throw the towel in during the second half.

In the first half they just hung on, thanks mainly to Shay Given and Manchester United’s casualness in front of goal. But the result was never going to be in doubt.

And after the interval Newcastle just capitulated. Collapsed like the proverbial pack of cards.

In the end they could easily have lost 10-0, although to be fair, Michael Owen had a goal wrongly chalked off for offside by hapless referee’s assistant Rob Martin. United would have done better with Dean Martin and he has been dead for 10 years.

United themselves were dead and buried from the moment their defensive wall jumped into the air and let Ronaldo drive the first of his hat-trick underneath them for the first goal.

Nobody is blaming Nigel Pearson, who has been handed the thankless task of taking over the ship following the sacking of Sam Allardyce on Wednesday.

Sir Alex Ferguson is a big pal of Allardyce and they tell me he never stopped laughing in the home dressing room after the game.

But Newcastle United fans are not laughing.

I can't believe that people have been so harsh on Enrique, and our defence in general.

The truth of the matter is, Our midfield is non existent, continously allowing 4-5 Man Utd players to run directly at our defence.

One of the goals, I think it was the Ferdinand one, where Enrique was marking Tevez, and all of our defenders were marking players, and up runs Ferdinand, with no-one tracking him from midfield, to volley home.... but Enrique gets the blame?

The whole team, including the defence had a bad day (again). There was little to be proud of, if we are honest.

:lol:

Nice to see the Chronicle-Taylor lovefest shows no signs of stopping any time soon. I can't believe anyone would finger someone other than Taylor as the dressing room mole.

<snigger> fingering Taylor.

My dad saw him the other day, fwiw. He knows him quite well and asked him what was up. Didn't know nowt.